Motor wattage rating for Lime/Bird/Roll?

markz

100 TW
Does anyone know what the motor wattage rating is for the stand up e-scooters that have invaded our cities?
I am looking for Lime, Bird and Roll which have invaded my city.

I think that they are around 700w (36v x 20a) or close to that.

:D :bolt:

Hi markz , mark E here.. ive had a 36v 250w gotrax- bird type scooters, there mostly underpowered 10a -max 16a that i have tested.there ok , controllers are small and cheap stock, but lag on hills,i got bored with the little mileage they give at 4.5 -5.5ah batteries they come with...but im really digging scooters.

I have dual a tire burner now , and im good for a longer run time of 25k-50k depending on eco -ludicrous mode.im guessing the hubs on beginner types will take alot more if the controller is bumped, not really worth investing as there are insane scooter avaliable.

I tried once to rent one of those scooters that litter the entire city because I wanted to get a feel for the power they produce on certain steeper hills with my 385lb weight. I couldnt find the scooter in the time allotted and they still charged me, so I got a bit ticked off.

Looking at the scooters with people on them in the down town core, they do not look powerful at all, and I'd bet for liability reasons alone they wouldnt be more then 500W. I wonder what those motors could be pushed to on a regular basis before they'd fry.

The Lime scooters look to be a special tool to unbolt the motor, and 1/4" steel by 3 to 4". The black Bird onces look to be plastic holding the axle in. Some are front motors others are rear motors. Either way, even having two of them wouldnt be enough power for those certain hills I would want to be able to go up without footing it.

This 1500W motor, offroad wheel design would suit my needs. 9.5 kilo's though, so a tradeoff between power and weight.
https://goldenmotor.bike/product/48v-1-5-kw-scooter-hub-motor/

Having a light scooter makes perfect sense, but dont want to fry motors, so 2wd might be what I build.

lime s gen 3 is a 250watt with no hall
lime gen 2.5 is 350watts
bird is 350watts some has a built in drum and some dont
roll is 350 watts with built in drum brakes

Back