Mercane Widewheel - Motor cuts

msvenn

1 µW
Hi everyone..!

I just wanted to check for experiences/tips on fault finding for my 2019 Mercane Widewheel. The problem is that the motor cuts for a spilt second when I am close to full speed. It does not shut down completely and starts again after less than half a second. There does not seem to be an unaturlig behaviour in the voltage drop when this is happening.

Does anyone have good ideas/ tips on how to proceed to find the fault? I am thinking that it would have to be the throttle, battery bms, motor controller or the motors. But how to find out?

Thank you so much in advance for any help you guys can provide on this matter..!

Best regards,
msvenn

I have the exact same scooter, and im having similar issues. I posted the problem to a group dedicated to the Widewheel on facebook ("Mercane Widewheel Owners Club") , and was told this is "normal" behaviour. Of course, unless it shuts down at unreasonably low speeds. My guess would be some sort of RPM limiter in the controller causes the motors to shut down. In addition to this, i've read several reports of throttle "jerkiness" when going over bumps etc., as this can trigger the limiter.

Back