Help needed 1000w 48v not running right

sgtsparrow80

1 µW
I've bought a lemon thought it was the contoller changed it for new one still going slow hot wired the pack to motor it spins fine swapped thottles still slow any help I will appreciate it

We'll need more information to really help.

What does "slow" mean, exactly?

What speed did you want from it?

Under what exact conditions do you want that speed? (scooter/board and rider weight along with anything else being carried, road/path surface type, wind/weather conditions, slope (hills? how steep and long?, other terrain, traffic/not, etc).

Are there any other symptoms of a problem?

Were there any previous problems?

Is anything getting hot?

Is there a lot of voltage sag on the battery under load? (if it has a bar-type battery meter display (or voltmeter), do the bars (or volts) stay the same regardless of what you're doing, or do they decrease by any amount (how much?) when using it vs when not vs when using it hard, etc?)

A link to the exact motor, battery, and controller you purchased would also be useful. If not, then pictures of any labels and markings on each item would be useful, as well as of each overall piece, and any documentation that was supplied with them, if any was.

What is the actual thing the motor/etc is being used on? Scooter? Skateboard? Etc? If something else like a bike, I can move this to the appropriate forum instead of the Stand-up E-scooters and E-skateboards subforum. ;)

If I were to make a bunch of assumptions about what you have, and how it's used, and how it might be installed, the best guess out of all the common problems would be that the phase/hall combination is wrong between motor and controller, so it's a false-positive, and so can't provide the power it could if it were wired in the right combination. This results in a lot more motor (and often controller and wiring) heating, from the wasted power, so it's usually possible to tell there is some kind of problem, even when you don't know what it is.

The next most common problem is a battery that simply can't handle the load placed on it, so that it sags in voltage so much under load that the total power output isn't enough to reach the speeds it could if it didnt' sag. This usually also results in shutdowns as the battery gets closer to empty than full, so is also usually possible to tell there's some kind of problem at that point.

The next most common problem is a limiter wire or setting, that either limits power or speed or both. Sometimes it's a built-in software thing where if you aren't pedalling and/or don't have the PAS sensor installed/setup, the power the system will make and/or the speed it will go from just throttle is limited severely.

thanks for the reply I've figured out that it was the batteries as I replaced just 1 and it now has full speed but not for long I'm getting about 1-2 miles before I'm pushing it along it a 1000w chaos power board big wheels and I'm not that flush with cash as would love to go Brushless 2kw motor with lipo pack but too expensive at the moment I do however need advice on battery as I can't find any 12v 20ah battery that is same size I can find 12v 15ah ones that are same dimensions 100x150x100 so like a mobilty SLA ones I just need more range for lower price

U need to power it only with more than 6 batteries in parallel so it can juice up 1000 watts & disconnect the electrical brakes plus a y other accesories u might have connected probably 1 is shorting out the system somewhere.

Back