need help with wire colors.

jimmyhackers

10 kW
my friend's given me a bl esc from a scooter to test.

annoyingly like most things from china......not very well labelelled (not labelled at all).

there are the hall effect wires......and another set of 5 wires that are exactly the same colour. (black, red, green, yellow, blue)

these are the "control" wires and i havnt the foggiest which i connect to which to get the esc to turn on so i can test it.

any ideas/help?

Don't know if this helps but maybe is will.

Scooter Controler.JPG

:D :bolt:

misfired post

nope, sorry, it doesnt.

its a "bl" brushless esc.

heres a pic of the thing.....probably would of helped to begin with. sorry[attachment=0]20220129_020239[1].jpg

Attachments

• 20220129_020239[1].jpg
    20220129_020239[1].jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 808
yeah, found those ads.
didnt find a wiring diagram, or anything usefull.

doesn't even say between the two sets of hall phase looking things....which is hub motor hall phases and which is the controll board plug.....

i have the control board but no idea which one to plug in :S

i have a feeling my friend may of sent hall signal to the contoll board and vice versa.....
atm it's a 50/50

What about this part?

Non wiring diagram.JPG

I would check each connection for voltage… The display’s connection will have full battery power present (BLACK to RED or YELLOW with battery connected), the motor’s hall sensor connection will not. (But should have 5vdc between BLACK and RED with controller energized)

Regards,
T.C.

the problem with that part is that there are two sets of cables with the exact same colours/number of wires

the hall effect and the communication wire...

and it still doesnt let me know which/if i can connect two of the communication wires to bypass the communication board (as i dont really want/need it)

either way, i took a 50/50 guess and got the controll board to light up.....(shoud l buy a lottery ticket)

error code e2..... :S

other thing i noticed......controller says "start method: sliding start" does this mean it wont power the motor unless the wheel is already turning?

if so i guess i need it hooked to a motor as my generic esc/hub motor tester isnt picking up anything.

just realised the 2 similar plugs wires were pinned in the orders in that description. my bad

jimmyhackers said:
just realised the 2 similar plugs wires were pinned in the orders in that description. my bad

That was going to be my next post, about wiring order,...but dinner got in the way. Just so long as you got it sorted out.

:D :bolt:

Back