chinglish translation for "sliding start"

jimmyhackers

10 kW
hello..... have an escooter esc....

says "start method: sliding start"

any ideas what this means??

my guess is it wont apply power to the hub motor wheel unless its already spinning?

thanks in advance for the help
jim

this one

Attachments

• 20220129_020239[1].jpg
    20220129_020239[1].jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,145
Is there a hall sensor connector?
(normally a 5-pin connector with red,black,yellow,green,blue on these simple controllers, sometimes 6-pin if there is temp sensor)

I guess sliding start means that it's a sensorless controller so that would not have the hall sensor connector

Hard to say. What are the other start options for comparison?

Many controllers have a "soft start" option so no matter how suddenly you twist the throttle, the wheel torque "ramps up" for a few feet.

so no one know yet? :s

it has the hall effect wires....

the controller errors out if the hall effect isnt connected (error E1). so it isnt a sensorless esc.

when i plug it into my tester all that happenes is the 5v indicator light in the circle of other lights flashes.
(doesnt behave like my normal escs when i test)

i should really try it out on a hub motor.....shame my mate only gave me the battery, esc, throttle and communication board.

Yes, "sliding start" means you have to kick off to get the scooter moving before the motor cuts in. That can be changed on most scooter controllers but I don't know chinglish for "standing start".
Let us know if yous find it.

AussieRider

annoying little update.

connected 2 seperate hub wheels.

so far i can get the thing to turn on, light up the board no errors displayed.

when i spin the wheel by hand it registers the speed on the display.

if i press the throttle....it breaks/locks the hub wheel.

there are no errors untill i press the throttle to the max of it travel and it says E2 on the display.

this says throttle error or MOS error. i figure MOS means mosfets.... but i really havnt a clue

half fixed the thing....

the wheel does need to be spinning for power to be applied.

i swapped the main motor phase wires around.....tried every combination.

only one phase wire combination spins the wheel in the right direction and doesnt brake/jam the wheel when i push full throttle (and get an e2 error).

anoyingly the e2 error is displayed at full throttle and power is cut to the motor. quickly letting off the throttle fully and re applying make the motor start again.

its really annoying as everythign else function wise is working....i just cant push the throttle to the max position and have it not cut out and display the e2 error.

I'd be curious as to what the throttle's maximum signal output is.

3.2 to 4.2vdc would likely be expected, but for some reason yours may be over volting and tripping the throttle's high voltage limit and locking out...?

Something to look for is to slowly twist the throttle up to maximum and observe when maximum speed is obtained. Is there a lot of twist AFTER that point? (shouldn't be too much...)

Looks like green is your signal wire, and when checked to ground (BLACK) by back probing should be an easy voltage check...
If over, see what the input voltage is... RED to BLACK.

Regards,
T.C.

thanks for the reply.

the throttle input voltage is a constant 5v. Between red n black

the throttle output is between 0.86v and 4.3v. Between black and green.

the e2 error displays at 4v and above on the throttle signal.

upto 4v the wheel speed will only be indicated as 17-18kph.....but it should go upto 25kph...

exctly the same happens if i put the thing into its slow speed mode..... except it will only reach 15mph and still cut off and display the e2 error on full throttle (4V +)

is confusingn as if it should be reaching full speed at around 4v.... i dunno why it isnt.

Couple of questions for you. Which throttle are you using? You mentioned connecting a couple of hub motors. As in connected two motors at the same time in parallel?

Back