Gifted older ecoreco m5, needs new battery

macdec

1 µW
Hi all,

I was just gifted an ecoreco m5, I'm 6'2 around 200 and I've been getting about 7 miles range on it, so I'm looking to crack it open to toss in a new battery/controller.

As of now it's 36v/250w, and I'd like to bump it up to 44-48v for some extra speed + torque if at all possible (slightly slow off the line, however it does hit 20mph). An added bonus would also be a thumb throttle!

I don't have much experience with electronics, however I'm a pretty technical person so I'm not extremely worried.

If anyone could point me in the direction of a kit or parts that could fit my needs

Yeah me either, plus I am to lazy to Google it.

One and done you think? Will the op come back?

CONSIDERABLE SHOUTING said:
Post pics, I've never heard of it.

Hi, fellow noob here. If it were me, I would look into replacing the controller. The existing controller is probably “locked” to manufactures settings. If this is a brushless motor (most likely) you have many options and can even have a thumb throttle. Brushed motors have 2 wires and brushless motors can have 3 to 6 wires. I got a KT controller. It came with an LCD8H. You’ll want to get a controller and display as a set, like this one….. https://a.aliexpress.com/_mriS6Lq that way, you know they’ll work together.

With the display that this kit comes with, you can change the amps going to your motor. You can limit, or not limit, the top speed.

Back