[ GoPed ESR ] Do "Flux Capacitors" typically go bad? Pics inside

IlChengis

1 µW
Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to make a functioning ESR out of two broken scooters.

Parts I have:
- 1x charging board
- 2x "Flux Capacitors"
- 2x controller boards (see images here: https://imgur.com/a/qTMn9IW)
- 2x motors (silver body and black body - both functioning, tested with bench power supply)
- 4x brand new deep-cycle SLA AGM batteries

I assembled one ESR out of the two, but it won't turn on. If I plug it in to the AC outlet, the LEDs flash progressively as one would expect when charging... but pressing the red switch won't do anything. Tried both controller boards, both "Flux Capacitors" and both motors, same behavior. Checked DC voltage at the controller board and I am getting 25.x VDC to it, as expected.

Any idea on what to try next?

Thank you in advance!

PS= my goal was to get one ESR running in "stock state" and convert the other one to a brushless Li-Ion beast at a later time.

The only flux capacitors I am aware of are in fictional time machines. What are the actual items you have there that are labelled with this term?

What is "the red switch"?

BTW, you can directly attach images to your posts by selecting the image and copying, then pasting into the box you're typing the post in, or by dragging and dropping there. Having the images directly attached means they show up in your post, and are visible to anyone that can read the post. External sites aren't visible to everyone everywhere in the world that can still read the forum, unfortunately, and sometimes don't retain the images very long, making the posts less than useful later on.

Back