Endless Sphere Wiki

Lightweight / Folding / Portable EVs - seats optional

Endless Sphere Wiki

Postby www.recumbents.com » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:26 am

Hey ES admins!

Can we have a link to the ES wiki someplace obvious? http://www.endless-sphere.com/w/index.php/Main_Page

Maybe on the banner at http://www.endless-sphere.com there should be a link to both the wiki and the forum?
Possibly in the header at the top of the forum?

That may speed up the process of populating it...

Gracias,

-Warren.
www.recumbents.com
10 kW
10 kW

Re: Endless Sphere Wiki

Postby grindz145 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:15 pm

That's a good point, I forgot all about this. In fact, I'm not sure I even saw the link posted.
grindz145
1 GW
1 GW

Postby neptronix » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:12 pm

I didn't actually know that we had a wiki until a few days ago either, when i uncovered it on a search.

A former thread on the topic:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28637
My first major build: 8T MAC motor on a Trek 4500.
The new all-arounder: Leafmotor 1500w on a Turner O2 full suspension.
The wheelie machine: 20" Rear Magic Pie II on a Trek 4300 MTB

"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now."- Chinese Proverb
neptronix
100 GW
100 GW

Postby amberwolf » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Temporarily I will change this topic to a global announcement so it is visible at the top of all forums.

Hopefully someone with more power than me can take care of other links. :)
amberwolf
100 GW
100 GW

Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Postby www.recumbents.com » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:16 pm

Coolio. Thanks.
www.recumbents.com
10 kW
10 kW

Postby Gordo » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:19 pm

Double Post :oops:
Last edited by Gordo on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X-treme 3KW Scooter...OFF ROAD ONLY....Giant 1KW 48V 24" Hubmotor....E-Apex 1KW 48V 26" Hubmotor, built 2012-05-26
Thanks Justin, for saving ES. May Grin Tech grow and prosper.
Gordo
100 kW
100 kW

Postby Gordo » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:00 pm

A couple of times per week, we seem to get one of these;
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=34997
How do we prevent this from happening :?:
I know we can not save every fool on the planet from himself, but could we not create a "sticky" of basics. Even just a heading of "Don't buy anything until you read these sad stories :!: "
I feel bad every time I see someone got ripped off. Not because they wasted their money, but because of the reflection on EV's. The internet model of getting a bargain, seems to be the root of the problem? In the above example, it appears the fellow did not make a purchase until a month after he joined ES. If we had a sticky at the top of some Forums, we might be not only be able to save many people some agony, but keep the EV experience a positive one, the first time? Most of us know there is a "manufacturer's to avoid" thread, but who can find the dam thing? Who can find anything, they know is here for that matter? I know I have spend countless hours trying to find articles for myself and others who ask for a reference I know is here. I just can't find the key word or phrase. Sometimes I try every idea I have, as I just did, and get:
"No suitable matches were found" Why do we not have stickies? Maybe I can do this in a Wiki?
X-treme 3KW Scooter...OFF ROAD ONLY....Giant 1KW 48V 24" Hubmotor....E-Apex 1KW 48V 26" Hubmotor, built 2012-05-26
Thanks Justin, for saving ES. May Grin Tech grow and prosper.
Gordo
100 kW
100 kW

Postby amberwolf » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:50 pm

i added some section headings for battery chargers, and placeholder pages for meanwells and hp server psus. as i find info during my repair of a meanwell i'll try to add it to the wiki.

everyone else is welcome to add to those, too.
amberwolf
100 GW
100 GW

Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Postby deVries » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:36 pm

amberwolf wrote:Temporarily I will change this topic to a global announcement so it is visible at the top of all forums.

Thanks Amberwolf. I think you positioned the Wiki perfectly. Hope it stays there from now on... :mrgreen: 8)
deVries
1 MW
1 MW

Postby www.recumbents.com » Fri May 04, 2012 1:15 pm

I added a short synopsis of LiFePo4: http://www.endless-sphere.com/w/index.p ... es_LiFePO4

-Warren.
www.recumbents.com
10 kW
10 kW

Postby el_walto » Mon May 14, 2012 3:45 pm

My username and password still will not work for the wiki. My password is very basic, maybe too basic? Might not like the _ in my username either.
el_walto
10 kW
10 kW

Postby MattyCiii » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:03 am

I just posted my first Wiki entry.
Woo Hoo!
I didn't know what to write, so I put a few lines in about how to set up "Location" in ES forum profile.
1st build: Dahon Jetstream folding bike. Quick, reliable, capable of 32mph. Light enough to lift, folds for easy transport by car/bus/train.
2nd build: RC powered 2009 Norco A-Line. Top speed 39mph. Built like a tank, it's resistant to Boston potholes, can stop on a dime, easily goes up/down curbs when necessary.
3rd build (just started): Scratch build ultimate utility bike. Based on a common power module using a NuVinci left side freewheel.
MattyCiii
100 kW
100 kW

Postby crossbreak » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:48 am

MattyCiii wrote: didn't know what to write, so I put a few lines in about how to set up "Location" in ES forum profile.

Finally ;) that's a start! You've got some experience on non hub wheel drives, maybe you could write something about that, did not write much here, but I added a pic of your drive ;)
http://endless-sphere.com/w/index.php/EBike_Motors_Middrive#non_hub_wheel_drives

I'm also not very pleased about the term "non hub wheel drives" since friction-drives and middrives are also non hub drives :?

Maybe we should make a separate page for non hub wheel drives, not to mix up with common middrives that use the bicycle drive train.
Last edited by crossbreak on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
crossbreak
100 MW
100 MW

Postby MattyCiii » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:15 am

crossbreak wrote:
MattyCiii wrote: didn't know what to write, so I put a few lines in about how to set up "Location" in ES forum profile.

Finally ;) that's a start! You've got some experience on non hub wheel drives, maybe you could write something about that, did not write much here, but I added a pic of your drive ;)
http://endless-sphere.com/w/index.php/EBike_Motors_Middrive#non_hub_wheel_drives

I'm also not very pleased about the term "non hub wheel drives" since friction-drives and middrives are also non hub drives :?

Maybe we should make a separate page for non hub wheel drives, not to mix up with common middrives that use the bicycle drive train.

THANKS Crossbreak,
Youve contributed a lot of knowledge to this forum, I respect your work a lot. I appreciate the suggestion. My small cache of knowledge is in a pretty nnarrow area - but HV-160s and small "RC" motors are indeed popular, so I'll give it a go.
1st build: Dahon Jetstream folding bike. Quick, reliable, capable of 32mph. Light enough to lift, folds for easy transport by car/bus/train.
2nd build: RC powered 2009 Norco A-Line. Top speed 39mph. Built like a tank, it's resistant to Boston potholes, can stop on a dime, easily goes up/down curbs when necessary.
3rd build (just started): Scratch build ultimate utility bike. Based on a common power module using a NuVinci left side freewheel.
MattyCiii
100 kW
100 kW

Return to Stand-up E-scooters and E-skateboards