stuff

I think I'd rather have my mount welded to trucks so as to have less to worry about, assuming its strong enough

http://enertionboards.com/pages/diy-electric-skateboard-longboard-how-to-build-eboard-building-your-own-electric-skate-board-is-easy-with-enertion-eboard-propulsion-kits/

Is a motor and/or pulley guard worth it? I think not but I'm here on the couch

Any advice on a nice weld-able mount that's minimalist or maybe I could get one available and parse it down? The ones I've seen seem unnecessarily bulky around the axle especially.

double post.. dont know how to delete..

Nice to know where they get their pulley and belt calculations.. it's nice to know we all go to the same sources...

ScreenHunter_92 Apr. 27 22.01.jpg

:lol:

Not saying it's vaporware but there is not a single pic of a single real thing.. except for the bolts and belt under eskate parts.. maybe the bearings are real too..

Marbel boards are another seemingly website before much else. The board looks nice but their numbers are seemingly impossible...until the lithium air comes out
http://ridemarbel.myshopify.com/products/marbel-electric-skateboard-longboard-worlds-lightest-weight

I agree, looks good...I wanna see the actual mount. Pretty CAD is nice and all, but until its tested for a while there's no way to know how it will hold up. Also something about the website strikes me as odd...Does anyone else feel that way?

They just posted a pic of the actual mount.

original.jpg

torqueboards said:
Thats actually an ntm motor. It's still not affordable for most people if you add up the costs. Although, some people are willing to pay for it.

what's so special on the NTM motors ? As mentioned before, the wire of the windings look very thin, which is usually the case with cheap motors.

666yeti666 said:
torqueboards said:
Thats actually an ntm motor. It's still not affordable for most people if you add up the costs. Although, some people are willing to pay for it.

what's so special on the NTM motors ? As mentioned before, the wire of the windings look very thin, which is usually the case with cheap motors.

Nothing, special. It's already been mentioned that they aren't any good which is why I always recommend the SK3 motors. Bad research on their part. :D - Although, from the looks if it his plate is swappable so he can make accessory mounts for it. Hopefully, locktite will work well for it as it's still connected by bolts.

The ABEC Flywheel clones he sells for $69.95 is a rip off when the originals run for $67.95 or so LOL!!!

hmm- it looks to me like the motor plate is actually only held by the 2 end bolts...
good idea on the tensioning.. i wonder if Alien could do any better............................. :wink:

I would personally go for a more solid hub drive but the rest of the kit looks decent. Price is a little high but not ridiculous like some other kits. Definitely overkill for campus cruising but might be good for those who do serious riding.

Seeing the pic, I'm wondering if you will have to use risers to keep the motor mount from hitting the deck?

lpbug said:
I would personally go for a more solid hub drive but the rest of the kit looks decent. Price is a little high but not ridiculous like some other kits. Definitely overkill for campus cruising but might be good for those who do serious riding.

I was thinking the same thing but at the same time. He's using those thick core 83mm flywheel clones and the M6 bolts are stuck in there and actually thread the inside plastic. In his photo he looks like he's using 6 bolts which seems a bit overdone.

I'm pretty sure he'll end up raising his prices considering a lot of customization costs money if produced on a CNC machine unless he has his own DIY CNC at home.

psychotiller said:
Seeing the pic, I'm wondering if you will have to use risers to keep the motor mount from hitting the deck?
I think I see a small riser in there as well.
If u use the code "pushing sucks" U can get ten percent off. Not working for them...workin for us.
What about the motor guard? Anyone damage their motor or get debris in the belt/cog connection? That could be disastrous in my mind but no one here seems to worry about it.

Hummina Shadeeba said:
psychotiller said:
I think I see a small riser in there as well.
If u use the code "pushing sucks" U can get ten percent off. Not working for them...workin for us.
What about the motor guard? Anyone damage their motor or get debris in the belt/cog connection? That could be disastrous in my mind but no one here seems to worry about it.

Disaster's the name of the game! I have broken a few teeth on a pulley from debris, but I still rode home. It looks nice and may take a hit for the pulley/belt which is a good thing.

The Power of ES is revealed... we ask for Pics and 12 hours later Voila.. :D

There is no way two bolts can hold a 6s setup in place, probably OK for a 4s...Have gone through 3 iterations of welded motor mounts using all 4 bolts and I have to tension the belt every other ride... Not even Loctite will not hold the bolts in place...beats the crap out of my belts as well.. Tightening the belt often is OK for a DIY proyect, not for a comercial product.

The mounts look nice but I worry they will snap here.. already had a pair of mine fail just there... extra 1/2" there will not spoil the design and might make a difference in life expectancy (of the board and the rider). That said I moved away from bolted on mounts and into welded, cause the bolts just would not stay...
ScreenHunter_06 Apr. 28 11.49.jpg

Looks like those shiny wheels have never seen any of the streets I have to deal with here... The motors however have seen some gravel and streets, so the guy definitely rides
View attachment 1

I have had mixed emotions with the NTM motors.. one came out crappy went up in flames when the crappy ill placed wires shorted, the other is indestructible.. same shipment, same order... go figure

No nuts on those trucks though.. so riding them might be.. painfull. (yeah just giving him a hard time :evil: )
ScreenHunter_08 Apr. 28 12.01.jpg

The milling on the aluminum parts is extremely beautiful and perfect, :mrgreen: must have a very nice cnc..

So definitly not vaporware.. If the guy has a CNC that can make these mounts he can make all the parts he has included in the 3d diagrams. And if he listens to his customer base he will have an excellent design in a couple iterations.

Also regarding the prices, (again my ultra right wing view) if he can sell the kits at this price range cool, if he can't he might have to bring them down a tad. I actually think they are priced quite well. There are many hours of machining per part, and 7075 aluminum is not free either. I would not be too surprised to see them actually go up in price.
Supply and demand will tell.

Back