Longboard backpacks

melodious

100 kW
I was out riding around over the weekend and saw this guy had a 35+" longboard attached to his backpack for easy carrying when he's not riding it. Anyone using one as well? Just wondering if the electronics get in the way. Maybe a backpack made for snowboards would work just as well?

I just bought one and my unelectrified arbor seems too heavy to carry with the back straps. Though that was with an empty bag and my board kept slipping down in the straps. Bring your board with you if you're looking at them in-store.

I just tried it with some sweaters packed in and it's not bad with an added bungee, but it's heavy. It's doable though.
Seems like they're made for regular boards.

I doubt most of those are even for longboards but more for skateboards. Skateboards are pretty light.

A 15-20lb longboard on straps is a bit heavy. It's doable but you'll feel it on your back. Majority of the time, I prefer just holding it in my hand. I guess, when you need 2 hands it's better with a backpack with a strap.

I've been playing around with a bungee and this is the best configuration (bungee wraps around the grip-side of the board at the top):
CQCpIp0l.jpg

Back