Missing motor Parts?

JackHMcD

1 mW
I received my sk3 motors today but I found it weird that they looked different around the motor shaft. Is one missing pieces? (see attached)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 1,037
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 744
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 1,037
I'm surprised how that clip seems to be the only thing holding the motor together other than the tight tolerances n magnetism. Pull off the top and check it out. Watch ur fingers as they're like a clam that will shut closed.

It would definitely have a negative effect. It's missing the brass spacer and Spring "C" Clip that holds the motor together. You may be able to get those at a local hobby shop for a buck or 2. (Or deal with hobby King for a month or so for 2 parts small enough to be stuck to the back of a stamp.)

Thanks yep I have heard about the runaround at hobby king. I'll see if I can find the parts elsewhere.
Last ditch effort, trying to open it up, in case its inside? *can't open it up even with the missing c clip I can't separate the motor, how much force is required? I don't want to break it.

I don't think u could break it. Get ur fingers in there and seperate them. If the clip isn't there I don't think there's anything else in the way but it's tight

Back