No controller?!

Zoemonique

1 mW
Hey everybody, I have just bought a second hand electric skateboard for real cheap because it came with no controller... Is anybody able to help me determine which controller I need to purchase , there is no chip! Either which kind of controller I need or how to find which frequency it's set on?

Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks so much

Zoe

The hobbyking HK-GT2B(http://goo.gl/m0GpZe) is a common controller that several people use. If it's a bit bulky for your taste, you can also get a wii nunchuck controller from Torqueboards(http://goo.gl/LXP9P1). Hope that helps :).

Thanks !

You think the wii nunchuck will work without the board having a chip card? We think it may run on infra red ?!

Zoemonique said:
Thanks !

You think the wii nunchuck will work without the board having a chip card? We think it may run on infra red ?!

Do you have a picture of the board?

Sorry I tried a few times to upload but it wasn't happening...
This is all I know...
3 x 12v 9ah batteries .
2 wires coming out of battery
Motor has 2 wires coming out (brushed?)
Sensory pad
X sports electric skateboard

Zoemonique said:
Sorry I tried a few times to upload but it wasn't happening...
This is all I know...
3 x 12v 9ah batteries .
2 wires coming out of battery
Motor has 2 wires coming out (brushed?)
Sensory pad
X sports electric skateboard

You'll need to give us more info then that. Brand, Model - Photos if possible.

Board on the left . I've been searching for a while not but haven't found much about it, it doesn't seem to be being sold anymore .

I have had the board for almost a week and have been googling everything and anything I can, which has lead me to this site . I have visited a few hobby shops and they're all a bit stumped at what to do...

I have pulled it apart and cannot find a chip? The board where the chip may be attached is inside a box which I can't get to unless I break it so I am hoping maybe someone will be able to tell me another way to go about it .

Maybe it's a matter of buying a remote and just playing around and trying different frequencies?
Is this possible? Is it possible to do this or am I better to replace the control panel as well as the controller to make things easier?

Thanks x

You have a typical chinese electric skateboard. Usually, the parts are all interchangeable. You might be able to find parts on eBay. Most people here build their own boards and haven't heard too much about the chinese ones.

You could replace parts and build a custom one using the same board.

Thank you !

I'm beginning to think this may be the only way also ...
And maybe change the lead battery to lithium because it's so goddam heavy ! :)

Zoemonique said:
Thank you !

I'm beginning to think this may be the only way also ...
And maybe change the lead battery to lithium because it's so goddam heavy ! :)

You could.. it's a common thing that people change. As for changing out the controllers and stuff that's not as common. I'm sure, you could find it on eBay but you would have to rip that enclosure apart and find the model number then search for it on eBay.

Back