quazar scooter upgrade

So my daughter broker her leg and is non weight bearing for 3 months. I decided to help her get around on campus and around the house I would pick up a cheap scooter. I found a quazar on Craig's list for 50$. Was suppose to need a throttle and batteries.
41eLkR55n9L.jpg
well turns out the controller is bad.

So time to upgrade. I ordered a 18 fet from Lyen and this motor.http://www.monsterscooterparts.com/36v-500w-hub-motor-16in-rim.html
Its a golden motor Pw16d. I can find much info on the motor, but I think I can push it to 5kW based on how hard John from cr pushes his scooter motors. Any body have any experience with this motor?

Well not a lot of interest.I will update any way. Got the scooter up and running. The motor makes high power and goes down the at 30mph at 48v around 3kW (lost my watt meter dang it). And at 72v its easily pushes 5kW high speed is way more than I care to go on that little thing. Its a lot of motor thats for sure. Motor and controller stay nice and cool. I would say the motor and controller are the most reliable combo I have tried so far and I have built 10 plus e vechiles.

Back