List of available commercial mini E-Scooters/E-Skateboards

Lightweight / Folding / Portable EVs - seats optional

Re: List of available commercial E-Scooters/E-Skateboards

Postby scoot-e » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:55 am

NOTE:

Looks like US dept of transportation actually just updated the guidelines for airplane travel with lithium battery powered devices recently and now reads 100 but less than 160wh (and no more than 2g lithium total). I believe the gov just updated them in the recent weeks due to testing on cargo planes that lead to fires as they are still trying to work out a new containment system for lithium batts on cargo planes and have basically prohibited them for the time being. So unfortunately if your scoot is 24v and 8.5ah that is minimum 204 watt hours which puts it over the 160wh limit and this applies to even small portable scooters like the Glion, E-twow, EcoReco and others...Cotemar the US distributor for Etwow just confirmed in his for sale post "You have answered your own question" as well as Jay EcoReco emailed the following to my friend who owns one "We have many customers successfully transporting their scooters via commercial flights, and some were forced to ship via other means. ;( It is really airline specific. Thanks for the info. We will look into it further."

Let's hope the containment system issue is resolved and carry-on's of greater watt hours are allowed back on commercial flights soon...


LATEST INFO:

http://phmsa.dot.gov/safetravel/batteries:

"What about large batteries?

Lithium-Ion Battery, installed in a device (more than 100 but less than 160 watt-hours). Operator approval required.

Larger Lithium Ion Batteries exceed a Watt-hour rating of 100 watt-hours but do not exceed 160 watt-hours. Some very large after-market laptop computer batteries, and some batteries used for professional audio-visual application, fall within this definition. Larger Lithium Metal Batteries contain more than two grams of lithium, and are forbidden in air travel. (No common consumer lithium metal batteries are in the "larger" category.) Most laptop batteries are rated below 100 watt-hours and are not considered to be large batteries."


http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/retrieveECF ... .12.1.25.5
Last edited by scoot-e on Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
scoot-e
1 kW
1 kW
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:40 pm

Re: List of available commercial E-Scooters/E-Skateboards

Postby scoot-e » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:28 pm

user Kasada brought this to our attention:

Coming soon scooters: (Unclear if it is available already and they are using Indiegogo to promote it, which I thought was against the rules of crowdfunding sites to promote an existing Chinese made product but so be it):

VOMO Scooter on Indiegogo
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vomo ... 227#/story

The website can be found here: www.Veetron.com

Looks a lot like the EcoReco and the E-twow/Airzoom and similar specs and front pneumatic 8" wheel and push button folding handlebars but no front or rear suspension. Pretty cheap price assuming they deliver on the campaign
13.5kg / 30lbs 36v 8.8ah or 11.6ah options

"$349 + $99 USA shipping for 8.8ah batt
$399 + $99 USA shipping for 11.6ah batt ($250 off msrp)
$149 Alaska/Hawaii/EU/Australia/Canada, $199 outside those countries (starts at $449 total w/shipping USA, normally $649MSRP w/shipping) for first 100 on indiegogo...estimated delivery August 2015"
scoot-e
1 kW
1 kW
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:40 pm

Re: List of available commercial E-Scooters/E-Skateboards

Postby scoot-e » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:33 pm

repeat by accident--
Last edited by scoot-e on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
scoot-e
1 kW
1 kW
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:40 pm

Re: List of available commercial E-Scooters/E-Skateboards

Postby maxwelledison » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:56 am

Does anyone know anything else about the Veetron VOMO?

It potentially looks like an EcoReco and E-Twow killer, and it's cheap as heck. But a cheap price does you no good if it's vaporware.

I'm very tempted, but not particularly interested in flushing $500 down the toilet. Part of me wants to get in on the campaign price, and part of me wants to wait to ensure it actually exists. Yeah, I'd pay $150 more if I wait. But I guess that extra $150 would be my "insurance policy" against potentially losing $500. And even at $650 it will still be half the price of the EcoReco M5.

I'm leaning towards waiting. Especially since it's already August and there's only about 6 more weeks of reliable scooting weather where I live. So I'm not in a rush anyway.

Thoughts?
maxwelledison
1 mW
1 mW
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:37 am

Re: List of available commercial E-Scooters/E-Skateboards

Postby torqueboards » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:38 pm

I think it's a great price that's if they deliver. Here's what I mentioned in another thread.

I backed the VOMO. A friend has an Eco-Reco which is sold here in the states and this one is similar.

Paid $399 + $99 for shipping = $498 for 36v/11.5ah/350w VOMO scooter 8" wheels. Eco Reco M5 is 36v/8ah/250w 5" wheels.

VOMO is 350w vs 250w for EcoReco and has a larger battery pack. Price is also much better.

This is obviously a copy from china with a few added features.

What sold me was 8" wheels, 350w, 11.5ah, disc brakes :mrgreen:
DIYElectricSkateboard.com Electric Skateboard Kits
torqueboards
1.21 GW
1.21 GW
 
Posts: 3907
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:02 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: List of available commercial E-Scooters/E-Skateboards

Postby maxwelledison » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:24 pm

Yeah, great price if they deliver. But a few things concern me:

1. As far as I can tell, there is absolutely no name publicly associated with Veetron. Even on Indiegogo, under the "profile" section, there is no mention of the person running this company. Likewise, several of Veetron's comments on Indiegogo reference the "team" that put this scooter together. Yet, there's zero evidence that this project involves more than a single person. No names, no pictures, nothing. I honestly can't think of a single crowdfunding campaign I've ever looked at where the people running it were completely, 100% anonymous.

2. The Veetron website has a private registration. Here too, whoever Veetron's owner is, he apparently does not want you to know. I find that a little odd. More than a little odd, actually.

3. I sent an email to Veetron four days ago, simply and honestly asking who runs the company and what their address is. I straight-up told them that I was just doing my "due diligence" before plunking down $500. But I never heard a peep back from them. Apparently they'd rather not get my $500, than let me know who they are. Weird. Is this an electric scooter or a Silk Road product?!?

4. There are mentions and/or "reviews" of the VOMO on several obscure tech websites. Most of these were paid placements (i.e., "advertorials"). Although when the Veetron Facebook page mentions these, they conveniently "forget" to mention that these are paid ads and not real, legit media coverage.

5. The campaign end-date was supposed to be July 19. Then it got bumped to August 1. "Due to great demand", of course. ;) Then a couple days ago, the campaign end-date was again moved to August 16. Part of establishing crowdfunding credibility is sticking to your deadline dates. When the goalpost keeps being moved, that starts to create credibility problems. And as recently as 3 days ago, Veetron said they were "...in the process of accumulating components from suppliers". But they said the exact same thing over a month ago. Yet they also say they're going to be shipping completed models in just 3 more weeks? I know how the supply chain works in China, and nothing happens that fast. I fully expect that by the end of August, people won't have been shipped anything, and the excuses from Veetron will start to flow like cheap wine.

6. That $349 price still strikes me as "too good to be true". I don't see how you design, test, produce and market this scooter for $349 and still make money. I may check in with Jay over at EcoReco and get this thoughts. Jay will know exactly how much it costs to bring a scooter like this to market. And knowing those figures, I suspect he may also be skeptical. I'm glad I can contact Jay, owing to the fact he isn't afraid to be associated with his business. ;)

7. There have been a number of Indiegogo (and to a lesser extent Kickstarter) campaigns recently where tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars have been raised, before the campaign creator simply vanishes with the cash. Interestingly, many of these fraudulent campaigns originate from China and Hong Kong.

You might say I'm being overly paranoid or overly cynical. And you might very well be correct! But I dunno...I have a bad feeling about this one. Remember, when you decide to fund a product that doesn’t yet exist, you’re essentially placing a bet on the people behind that product. So who are you betting on here? That's just it...you don't even know.

I started my career 20 years ago as a prosecutor, and during my first few years in practice I developed something of a "sixth sense" or "gut feeling" that proved to be eerily accurate. When I was working a case and several things didn't add up, I was often the first of my colleagues to notice. With Veetron, I'm getting that same feeling.

I very much hope I'm wrong here. I really do, because I want one of these scooters too! But I'm going to wait, and pay $150 more in the event Veetron surprises me and actually brings this to market. Right now however I'm getting a bad feeling about it. Especially because of the fact that whoever is behind this campaign adamantly doesn't want you to know who he is, or precisely where he's located.

That's a red flag I can't get over.
maxwelledison
1 mW
1 mW
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:37 am

Re: List of available commercial E-Scooters/E-Skateboards

Postby maxwelledison » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:42 pm

Now that I think about it, the Veetron scooter reminds me a LOT of the Storm ebike. You know..the one with the "too good to be true" price:

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/a-500-ebike- ... 04619.html

Lots of similarities between Veetron and Storm, right down to the use of a cloaked domain address.
maxwelledison
1 mW
1 mW
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:37 am

Re: List of available commercial E-Scooters/E-Skateboards

Postby torqueboards » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:00 pm

maxwelledison wrote:Now that I think about it, the Veetron scooter reminds me a LOT of the Storm ebike. You know..the one with the "too good to be true" price:

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/a-500-ebike- ... 04619.html

Lots of similarities between Veetron and Storm, right down to the use of a cloaked domain address.


I just received my Storm eBike yesterday. Although, I've yet to put it together just yet.
DIYElectricSkateboard.com Electric Skateboard Kits
torqueboards
1.21 GW
1.21 GW
 
Posts: 3907
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:02 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: List of available commercial E-Scooters/E-Skateboards

Postby maxwelledison » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:07 pm

torqueboards wrote:
maxwelledison wrote:Now that I think about it, the Veetron scooter reminds me a LOT of the Storm ebike. You know..the one with the "too good to be true" price:

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/a-500-ebike- ... 04619.html

Lots of similarities between Veetron and Storm, right down to the use of a cloaked domain address.


I just received my Storm eBike yesterday. Although, I've yet to put it together just yet.


You're lucky. I know there are still several early backers who haven't received their Storm yet. And there's plenty of rational speculation that when the dust all settles, more than a few people will be left out in the cold.
maxwelledison
1 mW
1 mW
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:37 am

Re: List of available commercial E-Scooters/E-Skateboards

Postby scoot-e » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:58 am

Your post may be off topic since this thread isn't about ebikes, but regarding the Vomo/Veetron, the similarities to the Sondors ebike are striking in that it is heavy, underpowered, unsupported/warrantied/no replacement parts, at 30lbs with no suspension, low power and no US support it may be a gamble for some but it seems to have raised a fair bit of money already
Last edited by scoot-e on Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
scoot-e
1 kW
1 kW
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:40 pm

Re: List of available commercial E-Scooters/E-Skateboards

Postby scoot-e » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:10 am

Update 8/5/15

8 ) Tribey trike - standup or recumbent - $2,499
http://www.gizmag.com/tribey-electric-trike/23524/
scoot-e
1 kW
1 kW
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:40 pm

Re: List of available commercial E-Scooters/E-Skateboards

Postby torqueboards » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:13 pm

scoot-e wrote:Your post may be off topic since this thread isn't about ebikes, but regarding the Vomo/Veetron, the similarities to the Sondors ebike are striking in that it is heavy, underpowered, unsupported/warrantied/no replacement parts, at 30lbs with no suspension, low power and no US support it may be a gamble for some but it seems to have raised a fair bit of money already


Compared to the EcoReco. The EcoReco has less power and is just as heavy comparing to the VOMO. But hopefully, I get mine lol. EcoReco M5 is 36lbs.
Last edited by torqueboards on Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
DIYElectricSkateboard.com Electric Skateboard Kits
torqueboards
1.21 GW
1.21 GW
 
Posts: 3907
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:02 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: List of available commercial E-Scooters/E-Skateboards

Postby scoot-e » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:37 pm

Yeah, but the Vomo doesn't have front or rear suspension and not sure where you see the power is higher? It looks about the same, the Eco is 36v (lifepo4 not 18650 cells but still roughly equivalent at 36v 8ah) - but the price is low for the class if they deliver compared to even the Etwow or Glion
scoot-e
1 kW
1 kW
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:40 pm

Re: List of available commercial E-Scooters/E-Skateboards

Postby scoot-e » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:42 am

Update
Coming soon "skateboards":

7) WalkCar - http://fortune.com/2015/08/07/japan-wal ... ansporter/ - $800 approx
http://www.cocoamotors.com/
6.2mph, 7.4 mile range, 265lb weight limit, kickstarter coming in Fall, expected to ship in Spring, 2016
scoot-e
1 kW
1 kW
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:40 pm

Re: List of available commercial E-Scooters/E-Skateboards

Postby torqueboards » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:58 pm

Great news lol... VOMO is in production. fyi

We wanted to share with you how things are going with your VOMO's!
Some of the main body units have started to get assembled.
Here are some pics of the of the body units getting laid out ready for the internal parts.
Maybe your VOMO is one of them.... : )


Image
Image

SEPTEMBER BATCH DEADLINE REMINDER:

A gentle reminder that our cut off date for our September batch is 16th August. All payments for your VOMO, accessories or shipping need to be made by this date to make it in time for the September batch.

The prices will also increase after 16th August.
DIYElectricSkateboard.com Electric Skateboard Kits
torqueboards
1.21 GW
1.21 GW
 
Posts: 3907
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:02 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: List of available commercial E-Scooters/E-Skateboards

Postby torqueboards » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:58 pm

Great news lol... VOMO is in production. fyi

We wanted to share with you how things are going with your VOMO's!
Some of the main body units have started to get assembled.
Here are some pics of the of the body units getting laid out ready for the internal parts.
Maybe your VOMO is one of them.... : )


Image
Image

SEPTEMBER BATCH DEADLINE REMINDER:

A gentle reminder that our cut off date for our September batch is 16th August. All payments for your VOMO, accessories or shipping need to be made by this date to make it in time for the September batch.

The prices will also increase after 16th August.
DIYElectricSkateboard.com Electric Skateboard Kits
torqueboards
1.21 GW
1.21 GW
 
Posts: 3907
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:02 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: List of available commercial E-Scooters/E-Skateboards

Postby scoot-e » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:24 pm

Added:

8 ) E Micro One - coming 2016 - lightest commercial standup scooter (already selling in Europe) - $999 16.5lbs
http://www.microkickboard.com/emicro-fo ... ic-scooter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNP1l1m5F9o
scoot-e
1 kW
1 kW
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:40 pm

Re: List of available commercial E-Scooters/E-Skateboards

Postby torqueboards » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:02 pm

scoot-e wrote:Added:

8 ) E Micro One - coming 2016 - lightest commercial standup scooter (already selling in Europe) - $999 16.5lbs
http://www.microkickboard.com/emicro-fo ... ic-scooter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNP1l1m5F9o


That one's nice.
DIYElectricSkateboard.com Electric Skateboard Kits
torqueboards
1.21 GW
1.21 GW
 
Posts: 3907
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:02 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: List of available commercial E-Scooters/E-Skateboards

Postby Vanarian » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:54 am

scoot-e wrote:NOTE:

Looks like US dept of transportation actually just updated the guidelines for airplane travel with lithium battery powered devices recently and now reads 100 but less than 160wh (and no more than 2g lithium total). I believe the gov just updated them in the recent weeks due to testing on cargo planes that lead to fires as they are still trying to work out a new containment system for lithium batts on cargo planes and have basically prohibited them for the time being. So unfortunately if your scoot is 24v and 8.5ah that is minimum 204 watt hours which puts it over the 160wh limit and this applies to even small portable scooters like the Glion, E-twow, EcoReco and others...Cotemar the US distributor for Etwow just confirmed in his for sale post "You have answered your own question" as well as Jay EcoReco emailed the following to my friend who owns one "We have many customers successfully transporting their scooters via commercial flights, and some were forced to ship via other means. ;( It is really airline specific. Thanks for the info. We will look into it further."

Let's hope the containment system issue is resolved and carry-on's of greater watt hours are allowed back on commercial flights soon...


LATEST INFO:

http://phmsa.dot.gov/safetravel/batteries:

"What about large batteries?

Lithium-Ion Battery, installed in a device (more than 100 but less than 160 watt-hours). Operator approval required.

Larger Lithium Ion Batteries exceed a Watt-hour rating of 100 watt-hours but do not exceed 160 watt-hours. Some very large after-market laptop computer batteries, and some batteries used for professional audio-visual application, fall within this definition. Larger Lithium Metal Batteries contain more than two grams of lithium, and are forbidden in air travel. (No common consumer lithium metal batteries are in the "larger" category.) Most laptop batteries are rated below 100 watt-hours and are not considered to be large batteries."


http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/retrieveECF ... .12.1.25.5


WTF, please tell me that this issue does not concern freight planes ?
Last edited by Vanarian on Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
I needed to turn Air Gear stuff into reality so I am making this!
-+Electric inline skates - no remote control - weight / angle sensor - hub motors - one frame for all wheels sizes between 80/125mm - from 3.2 to 12 KW :mrgreen:

Rollo Ergo Sum!
User avatar
Vanarian
10 kW
10 kW
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:24 pm
Location: France!

Re: List of available commercial E-Scooters/E-Skateboards

Postby torqueboards » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:29 am

This contains all air flights maximum of usually 100wh or 160wh. Anything else will need to be shipped ground which has a maximum of about 300wh or so if I remember correctly but this is only domestic.
DIYElectricSkateboard.com Electric Skateboard Kits
torqueboards
1.21 GW
1.21 GW
 
Posts: 3907
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:02 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: List of available commercial E-Scooters/E-Skateboards

Postby Vanarian » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:17 am

torqueboards wrote:This contains all air flights maximum of usually 100wh or 160wh. Anything else will need to be shipped ground which has a maximum of about 300wh or so if I remember correctly but this is only domestic.


Damn this new regulation sucks hard :evil:
I needed to turn Air Gear stuff into reality so I am making this!
-+Electric inline skates - no remote control - weight / angle sensor - hub motors - one frame for all wheels sizes between 80/125mm - from 3.2 to 12 KW :mrgreen:

Rollo Ergo Sum!
User avatar
Vanarian
10 kW
10 kW
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:24 pm
Location: France!

Re: List of available commercial E-Scooters/E-Skateboards

Postby scoot-e » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:04 pm

Update:

Glion Doly Scooter reboot on Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/io ... ommuting-s
$519 preorder plus undisclosed/variable shipping cost

Added luggage style telescoping trolley handle and small rear trolley wheels and removable pin for folding neck hinge:
First take is the trolley wheels will snap off when it goes over the end of a curb/driveway with those 8" wheels and the removable pin is easily lost/stolen...

All else is same or less capacity/power than first version from kickstarter
scoot-e
1 kW
1 kW
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:40 pm

Re: List of available commercial E-Scooters/E-Skateboards

Postby CSN » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:21 pm

Check out this powered paddle.

Would make an interesting core exercise also.

http://www.epaddle.net/?avada_portfolio=epaddle

http://www.epaddle.net/?page_id=190
CSN
100 W
100 W
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:59 am

Re: List of available commercial E-Scooters/E-Skateboards

Postby sk8norcal » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:44 pm

User avatar
sk8norcal
10 GW
10 GW
 
Posts: 4297
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 5:29 am
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: List of available commercial E-Scooters/E-Skateboards

Postby torqueboards » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Backed the VOMO. They just recently updated and mentioned shipping should be end of August. Can't wait.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vomo ... ter#/story

PRODUCTION AND SHIPPING UPDATE:

Great news is that we are on track to begin shipping out our August batch before the end of the month! As you can imagine it's been a very busy month for us and there is still lots for us to do behind the scenes but things are coming together.
We've attached in this update some pics for you and there will be more coming over the next couple of weeks.
Please note that we will be sending out tracking numbers to people after your delivery has left us.
We are using a number of different delivery companies and will be using which one is best for each region.


Image
Image
DIYElectricSkateboard.com Electric Skateboard Kits
torqueboards
1.21 GW
1.21 GW
 
Posts: 3907
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:02 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

PreviousNext

Return to Stand-up E-scooters and E-skateboards

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DAND214 and 6 guests