Trampa EMB Pro Project

arielzu

10 µW
Hi,
This is my first electric MB build. I took this project very seriously.
As I starting point I carefully studied all the similar MB builds on this fantastic forum.
The final mount design was intended to be as lightweight as possible (T6 Aircraft Grade Aluminum) but robust enough for off-roading.
I had direct access to a great tool room equipped with the latest CNC machinery.
I wish to thank Guy H for his guidance and support.
See attached PDF. More information about this build will follow.

Attachments

• Ariel MB Pro.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 335
Cool built! Very nicely engineered rear mount...My only concern is the strength of those arms. You will definitively need more support to block the vibrations when you slam the acceleration on bad terrain.

What esc are u using and what performance are you getting? Did you tested it off road ?

Silenthunter said:
Cool built! Very nicely engineered rear mount...My only concern is the strength of those arms. You will definitively need more support to block the vibrations when you slam the acceleration on bad terrain.

What esc are u using and what performance are you getting? Did you tested it off road ?

Thanks.
The arms are made of Dia 8mm Titanium grade 23. They are solid bars that go through the rear mount from one side to the other.
The structure in very solid. This mount is also adjustable and allows tightening of the chain by retracting the entire mount away from the rear axle.
Arielzu mount.jpg
View attachment 1

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 3,396
Yes, I saw that. It is a great light weight concept/idea. I have myself a mountain board that I use for daily commuting. My mounts are 1/4" 7 series aluminium and they are not connected with bars in between (but I can mount them). It is good on the flat pavement and it is super solid off road but when you accelerate super hard over rough terrain I can feel the slight shifting of the brackets. You should drive it and see how it will hold up...

Main assembly items:
Board:
TRAMPA MOUNTAINBOARD - 35 HOLY PRO ON VERTIGO TRUCKS
Wheel (4x): 9 INCH WHEEL
Wheel sprockets (2x): 55 tooth
ESC (2x): HobbyKing® ™ 150A High performance Brushless Car ESC
Motor (2x): Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6374-192kv Brushless Outrunner Motor
Motor sprocket (2x): 11 tooth
Remote & receiver: Turnigy GTX3 AFHDS 2.4ghz 3 Channel Radio System
LiPo (2x): ZIPPY Flightmax 5800mAh 6S1P 30C
MOTOR MOUNT: Aluminum CNC fabricated mount. 4 Titanium cross bars
Mount position is adjustable to allow tightening of the chains by retracting the entire mount away from the trucks.
MountainBoard info.gif
Many thanks to all of you builders.
Best Regards
Ariel
Mountain Board info.png

BShady said:
Amazing build. Do you have any issues with eddy current? Those bars look very close the motor

Thanks.

Eddy currents are caused by an electrical current of conductive elements due to the change in magnetic flux during rotation of the engines.
I took this into consideration and chose the material for the horizontal bars from medical grade Titanium. This specific grade has very poor conductivity and magnetic field (This allows Titanium implants to be scanned via an MRI machine).
I cannot totally deny the possibility of an eddy current effect but from the actual experience it seems to be unnoticeable.

Very nice work. I really like the drive train. I am designing a single motor drive train and have been suck on the mounts. I really like how you attached to the trucks and I'm probably going to do something similar now.

The mount is beautiful but how many miles you have on it and how well does it hold?

Look at the boosted boards before and after. They had same principal mount idea and after they switched to present mount. I believe there is a reason for that.

Gorgeous design.

The design consideration is impressive.

You're the only other person I've known to actually verify the effectiveness of the mounting solution with FEA, before riding.

I would suggest that you look into an aluminium instrument enclosure for your batteries. There are a lot of lightweight boxes out there which are ideal and offer great heat dissipation.

I have a couple of questions for you:

Can we get a video of it being ridden and some details of the performance data?

You appear to have a speedometer mounted; what is the speedometer model? I've had trouble finding one compatible with a 9" wheel.

Thats beautiful

mstevens3910 said:
Gorgeous design.

The design consideration is impressive.

You're the only other person I've known to actually verify the effectiveness of the mounting solution with FEA, before riding.

I would suggest that you look into an aluminium instrument enclosure for your batteries. There are a lot of lightweight boxes out there which are ideal and offer great heat dissipation.

I have a couple of questions for you:

Can we get a video of it being ridden and some details of the performance data?

You appear to have a speedometer mounted; what is the speedometer model? I've had trouble finding one compatible with a 9" wheel.

Thanks!
I’m currently in the middle of Trampa EMB Pro 2nd Gen build.
I am using a Batt-man digital dashboard as a speedometer and a lot more.
http://www.batt-man.com/
This gizmo provides 3 useful screens:
Main screen: Speedometer (km/h, mph), Trip odometer, Graphical fuel gauge
Battery meter screen: Current, Voltage, Discharge- (accumulated Amp-hours drawn)
Peak data screen: Max Amps, Min Voltage, Top speed, Max Watts.

Back