AT-One electric inline skates (quick update Feb 2019)

Lightweight / Folding / Portable EVs - seats optional
Vanarian   10 kW

10 kW

Re: 8KW inline skates (updated Sept 10th 2015 - still buildi

Post by Vanarian » Sep 25 2015 10:09am

BIG UPDATE, I got the nice surprise to receive early the custome motors!

My motors are shortened, I must say that the form factor and size are better than I imagined!

By the way the 3 other units for ES members here are home too!

Stuff will move sooon :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
-+AT-One project : electric inline skates - no remote, hub motors, one frame for various wheel sizes & quasi-universal boot mount

Rollo Ergo Sum!

Vulthor   100 W

100 W

Re: 8KW inline skates (updated Sept 25th 2015 - still buildi

Post by Vulthor » Sep 25 2015 10:11am

Looking good outside ;).
"I pushed a button"

torqueboards   100 MW

100 MW

Post by torqueboards » Sep 25 2015 10:56am

Are you selling macroons? :mrgreen:
DIYElectricSkateboard.com Electric Skateboard Kits

Vanarian   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Vanarian » Sep 25 2015 11:22am

Haha nope but I love to eat macroons :P
-+AT-One project : electric inline skates - no remote, hub motors, one frame for various wheel sizes & quasi-universal boot mount

Rollo Ergo Sum!

chinyp   10 mW

10 mW

Post by chinyp » Sep 27 2015 8:19am

Do update us VAN! :D :D :D

Vanarian   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Vanarian » Sep 28 2015 3:26pm

I promise I will ;) I need some testing setup (and I need to ship the motors) ready, missing power right now

Rollo Ergo Sum!

Vanarian   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Vanarian » Oct 21 2015 8:36am

Ok I tried hard to get back my VESCS and still nothing after more than 2 months now.

300€ by the window, I still haven't gotten the chance to test my custom motors...
Also waiting for proper power cables to finish my 3d printer which is sadky sitting since one month now. If sellers were more serious I could be testing instead of complaining.

Guys I can't help but feel angry today :evil: freaking sh*t!

Rollo Ergo Sum!

chinyp   10 mW

10 mW

Post by chinyp » Oct 27 2015 3:20am

Haha~ too bad...hope you'll get things right back where it should be...I literally looked like everywhere, but still couldn't find my motor...I'm stalled here too...sk3 was out of stock, couldn't afford r spec for testing, tacon was cheap (50+) with 50+ shipping which was ridiculous...emax wasn't available....dafuq with my luck lol....van, if you can, do provide me the contact details of the custom manufarturer (I know its emax), I'll try to talk them out...well at least I try tough...haha
Btw, new news from Sony! The vtc6! It's official just a month ago and it packs 30 amp continuous and 3000 mah...
Production next year, planning to lay my hands on it...10s2p preferably rite? Especially with custom made motors of yours! Hahax
Van, if can, let me try talking to them....really need motors...maybe I'll talk.them.through, you might not know :wink:
Ps: if I custom, I'll make a 5325 instead....since my width limit was within 50mm (most prob around 40+-mm)

Vanarian   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Vanarian » Oct 27 2015 5:48am

Don't worry I help your luck a bit, Turnigy has new stock of SK3s 245Kv! :D

EU warehouse http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ouse_.html

USA West warehouse http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ouse_.html

AU warehouse http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ouse_.html

International warehouse http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... Motor.html

In case you want cheaper motor but you'll need to rewind it, http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... 2665W.html

You already know the factory which makes motors for me, it is E-Max so you can try to contact one of their representatives. But don't hope too much, I could negociate custom kv motors because we made agreements, they need guarantees that it is economically viable (they can't throw money out of the window). Though in case my actual 85Kv would not be enough, I can negociate even lower Kv but sampling cost is also huge. Plus it is my first motor from them, the layout I asked for respect 98% of their standard layout, the remaining 2 percent being 1-shaft 2-lowered kv.

I might dare and negociate full custom model after my first order at least is honored. Now this might become a monster of hybrid tiny can, got crazy layout idea in my mind but right now I stay focused on my e-treks.

EDIT : About SK3 motors you can take off the flange as it is a huge heatfan. It shortens the motor a lot, not perfect but for cheap and reliable prototyping you can start there and it won't take long to be done :wink:

BTW need to update, FINALLY received power cables for my 3D printer!

Rollo Ergo Sum!

chinyp   10 mW

10 mW

Post by chinyp » Oct 27 2015 7:41am

Alright then....I'll just wait for it....6364 couldn't cut the job...so maybe i'll try talking to emax, if not wait for the 6354 to restock...thanks anyway :)

Vanarian   10 kW

10 kW

Re: 4KW inline skates (updated Oct 28th 2015 - still buildin

Post by Vanarian » Oct 27 2015 8:08pm

Don't be discouraged. Ah quick update, I have my two 3996W motors for sale.

Brand new, and I need to get more funds for my build.

Rollo Ergo Sum!

chinyp   10 mW

10 mW

Post by chinyp » Nov 11 2015 12:51am

Van, still having troubles with your VESC and printer?? Haha~ Btw, did you tried those 4020 motors on other normal ESC or something....and did you used it to make any design or something for the inline skates?? I'm just curious....me here I'm done with designing and selecting,maybe gonna CNC it at advance...still looking for CNC services here..., whats left of it was to find a low kv motor (wired stator and magnets) :lol: cause my design would most probably fit any motors with 25mm or less length (47mm,50mm,53mm stators) and everything of it will be replaceable ,so I'm working with the hub (housing) first....(it's my first prototype)
well....it's better then being stalled though...haha :lol: Anything new, (as in hub are done or partially done or CNC-ed) I'll update you guys and ES. (If not it's like a blank bullshit talk) :roll:

To any ES members, any cheap affordable CNC services and/or custom motors (5325/5025/6355 below 150kv) product/services that you guys can introduce to me? :)

Cheers
Chin

Vanarian   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Vanarian » Nov 11 2015 7:54am

Hi Chinyp,

That's great news I need to see it soon :)

No the printer is alive and it now performs flawlessly! Needed time to properly mount the power switch, learn how to use Marlin, I fought to line everything before starting and now it's good auto calibration etc no errors during prints, either I'm lucky or it is a killer machine.

Luckily I should come up with a first hub by tonight or tomorrow (will take few hours to make everything) made from ultra strong nylon (it won't break even when stressed under 200Kg concentrated over less than 5mm diameter at 20% fill only) :D

Still aching over the frame and bootplate though, frame is almost ok already but for boot plate I'll need multiple iterations before finding the right way to integrate every electronics.

And there are members who have offered to help me on sourcing new VESCS (I can't use RC ESCs with my sensors).

Rollo Ergo Sum!

chinyp   10 mW

10 mW

Post by chinyp » Nov 11 2015 10:05am

Omg!!! Where did you got those!!! I want the nylon too!!! Omgomgomgomg..... :cry: do you mind sharing on where to get those?? T_T

LEVer   10 kW

10 kW

Post by LEVer » Nov 11 2015 10:28am

chinyp wrote:..

To any ES members, any cheap affordable CNC services and/or custom motors (5325/5025/6355 below 150kv) product/services that you guys can introduce to me? :)

Cheers
Chin
Try this, but I don't think it will be cheap: http://www.gobrushless.com/shop/index.p ... ef=stators

Vanarian   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Vanarian » Nov 11 2015 11:14am

Sure! Search for Taulman filaments they have awesome options but be careful, printing can be hazardous as you need direct drive preferably first and high temperatures print too.

Rollo Ergo Sum!

Vanarian   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Vanarian » Nov 14 2015 8:28pm

Phew, got a hard time with Solidworks to make a rim matching my Fothon 125mm wheels :shock: it corrupted my files twice, I was blasted at first :evil: Well at least last iteration is good :lol: I'll have to update pictures about it soon enough!

EDIT : Gotta fix stuff on it but here is half of the first rim proto ! Next half is done but not as pretty IMO. Received over bearings too!

Rollo Ergo Sum!

Vanarian   10 kW

10 kW

Re: 4KW inline skates (updated Nov 15th 2015 - still buildin

Post by Vanarian » Nov 29 2015 1:56pm

A better half rim, it has been under printing for 4 hours and I think there are still 4h30 of printing left!

Rollo Ergo Sum!

Vanarian   10 kW

10 kW

Re: 4KW inline skates (updated Nov 15th 2015 - still buildin

Post by Vanarian » Nov 30 2015 2:11pm

First half rim printed.... AND FAILED :evil: I am almost there, it fits nicely around the motor but some dimensions are really wrong. Back to drawing.

Rollo Ergo Sum!

Vanarian   10 kW

10 kW

Re: 4KW inline skates (updated Dec 14th 2015 - still buildin

Post by Vanarian » Dec 14 2015 2:55pm

Ok, here are the updates of the day :

-rim is corrected and working, video coming later :P

-frame will be printed out starting tonight!

As promised, it freakin' accepts from 80mm up to 125mm wheels sizes with ALWAYS low center of gravity :twisted: and it is hub motor ready.

Rollo Ergo Sum!

grindz145   100 MW

100 MW

Post by grindz145 » Dec 14 2015 3:44pm

You're making a full UFS frame?! Count me in!

grindz145   100 MW

100 MW

Post by grindz145 » Dec 14 2015 3:45pm

do you still have a grooved H block in there 8) :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Vanarian   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Vanarian » Dec 14 2015 3:53pm

Thank you! :D Yea full UFS, and it can also be used for non-motor inlines ! Just need to use the smallest side shown on the picture on both ends of the frame.

And well I don't know, I needed to incorporate a proper groove block :lol: :lol: do we have the same thoughts? :twisted: :twisted:

Btw the hblock can be tweaked, I curved the sides alone and underneath is flat, but it is strong enough to be fully grooved ! Should I just groove it all the way ?

Rollo Ergo Sum!

grindz145   100 MW

100 MW

Post by grindz145 » Dec 14 2015 4:18pm

Vanarian wrote:Thank you! :D Yea full UFS, and it can also be used for non-motor inlines ! Just need to use the smallest side shown on the picture on both ends of the frame.

And well I don't know, I needed to incorporate a proper groove block :lol: :lol: do we have the same thoughts? :twisted: :twisted:

Btw the hblock can be tweaked, I curved the sides alone and underneath is flat, but it is strong enough to be fully grooved ! Should I just groove it all the way ?

It would be pretty awesomely dangerous to be able to frontside electric blades and I like it :) I'm not sure SLA or other rapid prototyping material would be up to the task in any way, but it's a cool idea anyway.

All I'm thinking is that this will change rollerblading videos... instead of having someone towed up to a gap via car, they'll be towed by someone with power blades ..... I guess that name is already taken though eh... :wink:

Vanarian   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Vanarian » Dec 14 2015 4:27pm

That's true, it will be a lot more dangerous but I hope it will be like nothing we've seen up to now :P (well kinda.. Taig Kris has broken almost every record he could with inlines but you get me).

Here, a quick shot to what the frame looks like fully grooved (I couldn't resist after reading your post :mrgreen: ) and set for non-motor inlines!

For rapid prototyping I use good nylon, tensile strength and resistance to impacts is impressive for a 3d printed part. I underestimated it a lot actually. But I'll put a layer of epoxy over it to keep the layers forcefully bound together, so it can take good abuse (until I get proper molds).

Rollo Ergo Sum!