e300. First ev!

apmorgan93

100 µW
Hello all!

On Sunday I bought my first EV, a e300 from craigslist. Took it for a very short ride (not to mention slow!) ride. I think the SLAs in it are shot but my meter is currently blown so I can't test it at the moment. I've got big plans for this frame though!

Was thinking that id either get a sk3 63-- style motor or else get a 80-100 for it. I'm having difficulty finding which kind of esc to get. I've seen dlux esc used on a e300 with a 63-- on YouTube. But I'm wondering how the model he used would compare to the dlux HV 160 For running an 80-100 at 10s.

Nice ride, the Mercedes E300...
image89976_c-620x414.jpg

:wink: :lol:

Does anyone have any experience with the dlux series escs? I've been lurking and reading alot but the ESC seems to be the most troublesome part of things. I want to make sure I don't burn it up. I'm OK with adding a larger heats ink and cooling fans if I must.

I got the Dlux on a scooter too and wouldn't recommend it. It runs really cool (120 amp version) but if you run out of battery for example, you need to unplug the motor before trying to kick it home, as it powers up the controller and turns into a stuttering mess. Also, I didn't get the programming car so this may be fixable, but it cogs up and won't start some of the time. This is from both a standing start, rolling start, or wheel in the air start. Once you are going it goes fine though.

Given I was using a scooter, no comment regarding the brakes. Also, I'm getting terrible mileage, not sure if the esc is at fault in general, or it's not tuned right (with me not having the programming card and all), or some other electrical problem.

I think I've narrowed down my options farther:

80-100 130kv sensored
a lyen 12fet and eventually beef the traces
4x 6s 10A 10/20c batteries (12s 20A)

And a CA v3 at some point.
My only concern is if the C rating on the batteries will be sufficient since I only plan on starting with 2

apmorgan93 said:
4x 6s 10A 10/20c batteries (12s 20A)

My only concern is if the C rating on the batteries will be sufficient since I only plan on starting with 2

Check :
20C of 10Ah battery = 200A of maximum discharge current
200A x 12s = more than 10kW
...should quite a conservative starting point, I hope your "down Stream" components will be choosen accordingly

( Your concern make sens: On my e-scooter, the 36V original battery is 12Ah but 2C only : so 12 x 2 x 36 = 864W :arrow: that battery is the bottle neck of the whole power train )

Back