Electric Penny Nickel (27")

777arc

10 W
Electric Penny board! This is the 27" and it's a knockoff penny deck but seems to work fine. It's crazy fun to ride but going fast feels dangerous.

-Caliber 50 10" trucks
-83mm flywheels, offbrand from ebay
-149kv SK3-6374 motor
-Turnigy Trackstar 150A GenII 1/8th ESC
-2x ZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 3S1P 20C (so 6S total)
-Alien Drive motor mount and pulleys
-Enclosure is a harbor freight drill bit case, fits perfectly!

IMG_20150303_183425987.jpg

IMG_20150303_183541238.jpg

torqueboards said:
Haha nice setup.

Huge motor for a penny board lol.

Did you get your sensored setup working?

Nah I can't get the sensor working. I'm using the e0design sensor and motor adapter, but regardless of how far I slide the sensor board in either direction, the motor just wobbles. The controller is definitely registering the fact the sensor is present. It works if I hold it up to the motor in the right spot, but that right spot does not fall under the available locations of the adapter. Not sure if I should rotate the adapter 90 degrees to make it work...

torqueboards said:
Yeah i bought it too but never installed it yet. How's a 27" downhill?

I keep the trucks loose so I can get around right turns in the sidewalk, so needless to say I don't let myself go too fast downhill.

cool tiny board... might actually give something like that a try for my kids.. hmmmm :shock:
maybe its time for yet another board...

cool board mate, any more info on your build? and more pics please! :D

downhill on a penny with loose trucks.. is crazy! fun if you stick it though ;)

Updated original post with more info! I'm starting to get use to the narrow skateboard stance, I make sure both feet are inward from the wheels so the board does not shoot out from under me. It's so small and light, which is perfect for leaving in the trunk of the car.

777arc said:
torqueboards said:
Haha nice setup.

Huge motor for a penny board lol.

Did you get your sensored setup working?

Nah I can't get the sensor working. I'm using the e0design sensor and motor adapter, but regardless of how far I slide the sensor board in either direction, the motor just wobbles. The controller is definitely registering the fact the sensor is present. It works if I hold it up to the motor in the right spot, but that right spot does not fall under the available locations of the adapter. Not sure if I should rotate the adapter 90 degrees to make it work...

Did you follow the guide? You should be able to mount the sensor and have one of the halls lined up with a gap in the stator. Then you will have to switch wires until you get a combo that works. Then you fine tune it after that. I just installed those sensors on my board and I like it a lot better so far. I just posted about this if you want to check it out.

Yeah I did a little bit of troubleshooting with the sensor, and one problem is I get 1.5 volts across the gnd and +5 points... I'm using the Turnigy Trackstar 150A GenII 1/8th ESC, and it's possible that the sensor pin-out I found online was incorrect.

Did you see this one?
http://e0designs.com/prod/sensboard/roar8513_2015.jpg

I left out the thermister pin since I don't have one and it works.

Hmm that matches what I used, and yeah I left the temp pin open. Wonder why plugging in the sensor board with cause the 5v rail to show up as 1.5v... I checked the resistances between the pins on each sensor chip and did not see anything strange.

Back