new build help- more cells or different gearing

mrgene13

1 mW
Finally finished my board but it's really slow. I'm guessing 10mph. Here's my setup:

Hobbywing Ezrun 150a (programmed to soft start, timing 26.25, and 6s)
Tacon Bigfoot 160 245kv motor
3-2s Zippy 5000 lipos in series
Caliber trucks
Abec 83mm clones
24tooth motor gear
44tooth wheel hub
Spectrum Dx2e Radio System

I give the board a few good kicks before hitting the throttle and she goes. If I give it full throttle it seems to cut in and out. If I keep the throttle around 75% the board rides fine but quite slow.

I'm waiting for a 12s esc to come in. Should I bump up the battery packs to 8 or 10s or should I change the gearing?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ES, I couldn't have gotten this far without you guys.

I assume, your running 6S?

You can increase your timing which can increase your speed.

You have a 1:1.83 gearing which is already optimized for top speed. You can't change gearing much.

Something might be wrong with your setup and/or your programming settings on your ESC. You should be able to go about 20mph on flat ground with your setup.

You can always go 8S/10S for a quick fix.

torqueboards said:
I assume, your running 6S?

You can increase your timing which can increase your speed.

You have a 1:1.83 gearing which is already optimized for top speed. You can't change gearing much.

Something might be wrong with your setup and/or your programming settings on your ESC. You should be able to go about 20mph on flat ground with your setup.

You can always go 8S/10S for a quick fix.

I increased the timing the max on the ESC. I guess I'll just wait for the 12s ESC and up the batteries to 8s or 10s.

That setup should be tearing along.
I would suggest an ESC issue or possible throttle calibration between controller and ESC?
Also check your pulley isn't spinning on the motor shaft.

Back