First test drive--WOW...punch control level?

mjp8081

100 W
Almost done, I went out for a test ride today...I can't believe I ever doubted the power of these little RC motors--they need a bit of momentum to get going, but holy frock, the speed, and power up hills--its unbelievable. I followed all the info and advice from you guys and my 8S dual MTB runs perfectly. After a couple adjustments to the ESC's punch control and braking. I think I need to redesign the throttle trigger longer and with stronger spring for more control. After some final adjustments I will post my build--I think it will be interesting because I didn't go "out-of-the-box" and went with some cheaper but thoroughly researched components.

Q: What do you guys set your punch control at?

I made my own motor mount out of a flat 1/4" plate of aluminum bolted to the bottom of my trucks. These things were very handy:
Aluminum Mounting Bracket For 57mm NEMA23 Stepper Motor
$_57.JPG

The holes on the side WITHOUT the large central hole lined up perfectly with the mount screw holes on my Tacon Bigfoot 160 motors--all I did was drill a hole for the driveshaft to go through

IMG_0285.JPG
IMG_0286.JPG

I use the lowest punch setting on my ezruns. Play with the setting to see which feels the best.

Back