VOMO 20mph Electric Scooter *Indiegogo

Here's info on a China rebranded electric scooter. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vomo-20mph-high-performance-electric-scooter#/story

I backed this because the price was good and the features were pretty awesome. Better than buying an EcoReco M5 which is locally in the area.

Most recent update;

UPDATE ON PRODUCTION AND SHIPPING:

Great news is that the painted sections that had to have the logo put on are now arriving back to the factory (See pictures below).
This means that the factory can now continue with the final stages assembly for VOMO.
We are still awaiting for the arrival of the batteries and these should be arriving to us next week and these are the last components that we are waiting for.
We are hoping that we will be in a position to start shipping out at the end of next week or at the latest around the start of the following week.
As mentioned in a previous update we are sadly running about two weeks behind our original schedule of shipping out by the end of August, we should be able to catch up during the month of September so this should not affect any orders beyond our first batch.
For those that have ordered for our first batch we are working on a little something for you... More to come on this soon ; )

Thanks again for all your support... and patience!

TEAM VEETRON

cyu2xhzdlwfhmmar1zcw.jpg

aho6n5o7siatb8pquevt.jpg

I should be getting it soon!!

UPDATE ON SHIPPING:

We wanted to just give a quick update to let you know that we are still on track to commence shipping from next week. : )
You can see below some NOT very exciting pictures of the internal foam packaging for VOMO, more exciting pictures of VOMO coming soon!

FUTURE PRICING FOR VOMO:

We have had to make a number of component improvements and changes to VOMO during the production so we are going to have to increase our MSRP for both models slightly.
VOMO 8.8 will increase from $549 to $599
VOMO 11.6 will increase from $649 to $699
This prices will change after the 18th September.
We are sorry to have to do this for our future customers but these improvements were very much worthwhile relating to the battery, LCD display and controller unit.
Please make sure that you order before the 18th September so that these prices do not affect you.
Obviously these price do not impact anyone that has ordered already and it just means that you ended getting an even better deal for ordering early, well done!
Because of the changes to future pricing we have decided to keep the current offer of "free shipping" available till the 18th September.

RESELLERS AND DISTRIBUTORS WANTED:

We are on the search resellers and distributors around the world that would be interested in selling VOMO along with it's accessories and extra parts.
We are really looking for resellers that have experience selling similar products and can also offer local support/service to customers with a retail presence not with just online sales.
We have more small electric vehicles planned for the future so we are really looking for resellers to be with us for the long term.
If you are interested or know a store that maybe they can contact us and let us know why they should be a reseller at hello@veetron.com.

Great news that we are now sending out this week from the factory!

Deliveries will going out from the factory this week and then onto three main distribution points:

1. Hong Kong: For Asia and Australia and rest of the world.

2. UK: For Europe

3. California, USA: For North America

For some countries in Asia and China deliveries will be going out straight from the factory.

bOkQ5wJaLJa0Kl2maRLq72EQKt8HPZ3UNBdLd6SuOEVuJibfY6Hwa7-5uZvyhHn9q_LQiuDKzX6Sysrx8iRNT1D_2OxfTTJ9MuwQCwHfX7Re-i-o03k1T5dTScm19JgltWr2FBkSLwcUI4jDKxEyicRP7it5U_aXqgzhdcRyjPkHeFv3=s0-d-e1-ft

Free headlight

7D8uBQebODGKKaHfX-CIfA1dTzCaodwwrObgMOocV1dlHFYBBv1-9OtSzah3K2BLTsJt1JQty0s9sR_qNWz-7VfwgdrPjWb5k-BIwd1L7c4kwT9P2jndcVjgOhWwH71_0qtmVPOYRT7Nq8GocSMfRncp8C5saYFukTDfUVbycR8c8I8D=s0-d-e1-ft

So Veetron is supposedly shipping the VOMO Scooter this week, yet they still can't show you a picture of a completed, fully-built scooter? Much less a room full of completed scooters? What are they going to be shipping? The boxes and packing material for which they do have plenty of pictures? This is like me telling you I own a Ferrari, and posting pictures of my driving gloves and Ferrari hat to prove it.

If they don't post pictures of completed scooters within the next five days, you really should start worrying.

As for shipping (assuming the product actually exist), that will take a month. It has to go through origination customs, get loaded on a container ship, make the voyage overseas, get unloaded, go through destination country customs, then be delivered by ground courier. No one will see these until late October at the earliest. Again, assuming they exists.

I still have a bad feeling about Veetron, and still hope to be proven wrong.

So much doubt.. lol :shock:

Can't wait to get my VOMO!

Paid $399 + $99 Shipping = $498 Total for 11.6ah

MORE VOMO'S GETTING READY TO GO OUT TODAY:

We just wanted to share with you all some more pics of VOMO getting ready to go out.
More and more getting made everyday! : )

RPtYFyNea4_SwyBsTvB_I0eU0URlGKYGGYDpZ0DhFidkToYY3kFkadAky2hzZdg_nbh6PUUMDM4Ymt_ghAbXt-oUZ8xOES4AjUgVeF6Zyb2sT8beay_6mGKcQlWHZf8k3m6CIbV66HI62J-aoO77YS-aRj_az16ik3kpBOklGZ2uTYAz=s0-d-e1-ft

ak_qjN3T2TM6hz3-_H4Ccqai3Zop0ghIEogqvlu366xmAESBnLbwQCCn_Nj93e8-f9IH8cLtMagBsmwis6jgUBAKaZBFpqHkF0-xKJ038BK9SB10QzLcJ6yh07pX5L_sCXO2JwppVgyxIMT4MjdLS9KtSDua9d27QgZlXoq7X0HA3mBu=s0-d-e1-ft

N0cf9keVwIDh7CCya3dYFvlSIm3fgpC9BSJvkfRLpaYVmlEOFBb5laAhImw0TzovB43wEnl1yQTzzAeS9n-q6FqQwv34FMHTcbSpBndcnPgoHTRLtEvgKDML7udwTRL3UvbwAFcUdawIBVRNUXlhisyi5XTeW-FmJ1IST_sXs2B1snwd=s0-d-e1-ft

vYjfWRVSk4bUdVobzqdwidvvCe2fOE7D6LT4vBqAQ2pVrfLna9KkPALD5IxzMYXi43gaaDTrqF9aJwoBt9RhZanIkRGHBxbGpgv3AyytpBnEnat_wvucF-cj0wVntnddIUhtNoYeAsRxKb9g0FDTNwjBnBc01jWbSqKWrUpZbhPUil-U=s0-d-e1-ft

REMINDER THAT RETAIL PRICES COME INTO AFFECT TODAY:
Just a reminder to anyone that has not yet ordered and thinking of doing so that we will be implementing the final retail prices for VOMO today on our Indiegogo campaign page:
VOMO 8.8A will be $599
VOMO 11.6A will be $699
Please don't miss out.

Very cool, hope you get it soon. I was going to buy one but Chickened out. I emailed them with a few questions a week ago and still haven't heard back so I went with a knock off on eBay. I need a scooter ASAP so that made my decision pretty easy. The veetron looks a lot cooler than mine but oh well. I paid $560 shipped but mine only has an 8.8 ah Samsung battery.

Looks very similar to the VOMO just with an added seat. At least specs wise.

Yeah a friend paid $800-$900 for an Eco Reco and besides the hills he flies on the flats.

VOMO is very similar to the EcoReco and for the $500 bucks..It was half off IMO. New Eco Reco is about $1200 or something.

Saves me from making my own which is worth it's cost :)

Veetron hasn't updated in almost two weeks. We now also know that the "revolutionary" VOMO scooter is nothing more than a rebranded Chinese scooter that's been on the market for over a year. In fact, the VOMO appears to be last year's model of this scooter:

2014 model that Veetron is selling:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Electric-folding-scooter-of-F-wheel-free-shipping/1896227_32382350234.html

2015 model:
http://fwheel.en.alibaba.com/product/60182009476-0/F_wheel_350W_Foldable_E_scooter_electric_scooter_with_42v_sony_battery_and_hub_motor.html

Not that it's a bad scooter. Looks like the wholesale price is about $450/unit, or perhaps less. But, this does reveal a couple disturbing things:

1. A lot of the ad copy on Veetron's Indiegogo page is at best misleading, and at worst fraudulent. Veetron made it sound like this was a brand new scooter, designed and built by them from the ground up. Apparently it isn't.

2. Selling rebranded Chinese products sourced from Alibaba is against the Indiegogo TOS. Luckily for everyone who purchased one of these, Indiegogo doesn't really seem to enforce its own rules. They tend to look the other way when it is pointed out to them that a particular campaign is really just a middleman coordinating what is in effect a group buy. (Which makes me think...you could make a killing by just creating Indiegogo campaigns that sell rebranded Chinese products. Start the campaign, collect the money, drop-ship from the factory...profit!)

There also remains an open question about import duties. When importing from China, taxes and tariffs may need to be paid. I don't know about the US, but in the U.K. and Europe anyone taking delivery of this scooter is going to first have to pay the delivery company about $150 USD in taxes and tariffs. That would be unpleasant to have the delivery guy show up and say you can have the scooter only after cutting a $150 check. At that point you're kinda forced to write the check too, unless you want to return it and gamble on getting a refund. Veetron even states they made no arrangements for payment of taxes and tariffs. That falls onto the buyer.

And finally, shipment of these scooters is still unconfirmed. I haven't heard of anyone receiving a tracking number. And Veetron has gone radio silent on the issue.

Stay tuned...

Indiegogo has been offering rebranded items on their website for a long time. I assume, due to Kickstarter not allowing it at all it's revenue in their pocket either way. (Indiegogo has been a bit behind in PR/Hype vs Kickstarter) There have been more issues of it than just this one.

Whoever, would think this wasn't a rebranded scooter didn't do their homework. Anything this cheap is most likely already on an assembly line and/or can be quickly.

They are not completely sourcing directly from Alibaba and most likely are working with a direct manufacturer.

I paid $399 + $99 Shipped for the VOMO (Don't have it yet.) Cheaper than what you'll ever get from Alibaba directly.

So in your case... you couldn't dropship directly from Alibaba as you wouldn't get those lower rates and you cannot customize dropship.

We are still waiting on tracking info. They did say they are working on shipping.

I still have hope of receiving it.

UPDATE: Checked the indiegogo thread. So should be coming soon maybe in October.. I'd assume mid to late October for USA buyers.

We are expecting first VOMO’s to start arriving with customers in Asia after the Chinese holidays.

UPDATE: I emailed Veetron and got a message. They mentioned that I should receive my order around mid October.

Don't feel too bad, I still haven't received my scooter either. It was supposed to arrive the 28th and the tracking # I was given says "label created" so who knows if the damn guy even sent it. I contacted the him and he said its on the way and it's going to take a few fays at customs because of the lithium battery. Do you know if that's true? Anyway hope you get your vomo soon!

From what he mentioned, they won't start shipping until after the Chinese holiday which is either Oct 5th or 7th.

So within the upcoming month, I suppose.

UPDATE 10/4/15

Can't wait to get it :mrgreen:

UPDATE ON DELIVERIES.

Thank you for all your patience with delivery and for hanging on in there!

We will be sending out tracking number details to people after we have received them from the local delivery company, in almost all cases this will not be till it reaches the final leg of the journey in your home country or within Europe.
We appreciate your patience with this.
Here is the current estimated timeline for deliveries for batch 1 and 2.

ASIA AND AUSTRALIA:
Mid October onwards. (first ones expected to arrive soon after the Chinese holidays)

US AND CANADA:
Mid October onwards.

EUROPE:
Late October onwards.

Production now is pretty much back on track and all our attention now is on shipping and deliveries to get your VOMO out to you as soon as possible.

Finally got my knock off but I don't want to hijack your thread so I'll start one with pics and mods. Hope you get yours soon, I'm curious to see what you think of it.

I posted a new thread. Just added a few pictures. Hope to get started this weekend. My balance board has been getting me around but its super sketchy in the city. Hope to start riding the scooter in the city next week. It really needs more power I could only get it up to 16mph (I'm 5'7 150lbs) and there isn't a lot of torque (13 amp controller). I'm really curious to see how it compares to yours, the vomo is much better looking,

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=73294

It will be interesting to see how much it actually weighs and the capacity of the battery.

I remember paying $400 for my original Zappy, which was a POS other than the frame.

Awesome man! I really hope its bad ass. I saw another ecoreco today and they just don't seem to have a lot of zip. I almost went out of my way to see if he wanted to race, but just kept going. Anyway post some pics when you get it.

cant wait to see your vomo too!
i paid $900 for my e-twow Master from Mark in this forum. but then his company sent me the cheaper Eco model. ouch. buyers beware indeed.

I put a lot of miles on my Zappy before I retired it. I found it useful for going between work and the closest place I could park my car free all day, which was around a mile on most days.

The technology is much better now, so it should be possible to make a scooter that's lightweight and still performs better than many of the larger ones.

Good news! Just got my VOMO!

It's great on flats but does no justice climbing any significant hills. Barely, crawls up a 15% incline. You can assist kick while going uphill but what's the fun in that! :cry:

It's amazing, silent, quick and response brakes when on flat ground.

Top speed is supposedly around 22-24mph and 20 mile range off of a 36V 11.8ah battery.

Worth the price but wouldn't replace it with my eboard. :mrgreen:

Awesome man! You planning on keeping it stock? My scooter was so boring stock I had to modify it just to motivate me to ride it. Anyway maybe I'll see you around the city. Post some pics if you can.

Back