Low profile ABS enclosure. NEW SHAPE!

psychotiller

10 kW
Will easily fit up to 2 4s 10ah lipos or the S.P.A.C.E. battery from Enertion. Will also fit 2 esc's. Dual Diagonal, dual rear or dual front. I'm going to make a rubber gasket for my next build to seal it up perfectly. LHB inspired me to dremel out my next board so that my motor wires wont be exposed. Let me know what you guys think. If there's interest I'll make more.
ABS Space Enclosure 1.jpg
ABS Space Enclosure 2.jpg
ABS Space Enclosure 3.jpg
ABS Space Enclosure 4.jpg
ABS Space Enclosure 5.jpg
ABS Space Enclosure 6.jpg

mmm...donuts

01ca3728b64cc0f5cda50bd5e9d1bc1f.gif

@Sl33py @Pediglide Matt brought over a damaged donor battery to fit test. I'm thinking 2 6s lipos split would fit just as well for 12s.

@pediglide Yeah, we would have to trim out holes for the fans or remove the fans if the box was to remain sealed. Either way, they'll fit!
I am on permanent hold until after surgery unfortunately so I havent ordered them yet.

torqueboards said:
Sweet setup :)
Thanks, this one's going to have:
Randall trucks
Dual rear 63s
Max6 esc's
8s lipo @ 296wh

Enclosure Dimensions:
Width- 216mm
Length-448mm
Middle section-27mm tall
Either end of enclosure-33mm tall for esc clearance.
Both ends of the enclosure taper to 203mm

Here's a new enclosure that promises to work for most everyone's build

19.5" x 6.25" Split Symmetrical ABS Enclosure

Dimensions:
Battery area (middle) 10" x 6.25" x 1.75" (L 254mm x W 158.75mm x H 44.4mm)
Each end is 6.25" and 1.6" tall (W 158.75 x H 40mm)
Length of entire enclosure is 19.5" (L 495mm)
Overall width including the flange is 8" (W 203mm)

Will work for 4s, 6s, 8s, 10s, and 12s setups and will accommodate 2 esc's if needed.
SymSplit4.jpg
SymSplit2.jpg

Do you have any problem with the enclosure and the board flexing (even remotely?)

Nope. I'm not that fond of flexy boards. There are a few people using my enclosures on flexy boards though with no complaints. Making slots in the enclosure instead of round holes for every hole is a great solution.

psychotiller said:
Nope. I'm not that fond of flexy boards. There are a few people using my enclosures on flexy boards though with no complaints. Making slots in the enclosure instead of round holes for every hole is a great solution.

That is exactly what I ended up doing...I have one set of "anchored" screws at the end and all the other holes are slotted to allow some flex play. It's working out great :)

Gatwod said:
psychotiller said:

That is exactly what I ended up doing...I have one set of "anchored" screws at the end and all the other holes are slotted to allow some flex play. It's working out great :)

There you go!!! 8)

torqueboards said:
Sweet enclosures.. :mrgreen:

You like the paint tray? The smaller mold is done.

narrowpath said:
Where can I buy an enclosure?
There are a few different models up on eBay.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Electric-Longboard-Electronics-Enclosure-V2-8s-12s-up-to-2-escs-/171907103639?nav=SELLING_ACTIVE

You can also search electric longboard there and see them all.

Back