Electric skateboard Remote Controller

kiab

100 µW
Hey,

Has anyone seen this controller? Looks legit, but it's a bit pricey at 60$..

It uses 2.4G Hz, so connectivity is probably not a problem.. and it comes with a receiver as well. Even rechargeable through usb. Only thing is, it says "Suit for FVT esc only".

"This is a well designed remote control with a receiver that connects to a standard 3-pin PWM servo signal that works with many ESCs. It can be charged by a micro-USB cable. Both transmitter and receiver use the nRF24L01+ transceiver for a reliable connection. Attached is the pin-out of the receiver."

http://www.amazon.com/Generic-Elect...=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1442689912&sr=1-1

What do you think?

torqueboards said:
I actually just bought one just to check to see if it would work. I'm not sure if it comes with a receiver end but I'm hoping it does.

Yeah, lets hope.

One of the reviews from a "buyer" says,

"This is a well designed remote control with a receiver that connects to a standard 3-pin PWM servo signal that works with many ESCs. It can be charged by a micro-USB cable. Both transmitter and receiver use the nRF24L01+ transceiver for a reliable connection. Attached is the pin-out of the receiver."

So it seems like it comes with one

Great news! Looks like it will work then.

I didn't bother to read the reviews. Great find :)

I can't wait.

The problem is it looks like a single 3 pin. Meaning the ESC would have to be giving out the power to power the receiver.

Couldn't use this on an Opto ESC.

Unless we add 3 more pins, I think.

torqueboards said:
Great news! Looks like it will work then.

I didn't bother to read the reviews. Great find :)

I can't wait.

The problem is it looks like a single 3 pin. Meaning the ESC would have to be giving out the power to power the receiver.

Couldn't use this on an Opto ESC.

Unless we add 3 more pins, I think.

Wouldn't it work if we connected the +5V and GND to an ubec as well as the ESC?

Oh wait.. I'm stupid.. There are (2) 3 pins there for a total of 6..

NVM Awesome!

WhXlFtB.png

Its the controller that comes with the benchwheel.

Feels decent enough, but the battery life could be a lot better < 5 hrs.
The micro usb connector choice was stupid, really should have been the newer connector or lightning style connector. At least its only plug in once a day.
It could also do with some labelling on the remote.

On my Benchwheel -

Press red button to power on.
Up to accelerate, down to brake.
Press red button again briefly, to change motor direction (with nothing else pressed)
Basic / Advanced mode, looks like power off/power on again (+-2-3 seconds holding red button).

Feels comfortable in extended use, its not too light, and its not too heavy.

IMG_4144.jpg

IMG_4145.jpg

Yes, I got this controller too, it was $49 a few months ago, it works well with the VESC and other ESCs.

Here are some pictures related to it with pin-out (use the 3 pins on the inside of the 6 pins PCB next to the MCU)
receiver.jpg
It also has a speed selector function:
speed_mode.png

So I got my remote in the mail today, I've powered everything up, but I can't seem to get any control out of the remote. My ESC indicates it's getting a neutral signal but that's it, seems like they aren't bound together but there are no instructions so I'm rather confused:/

This is on a board that's been working with a gt2b so not the board or esc

Any help as to how to bind these 2 together?!

Thanks guys

So I've played with mine more and it seems that you press the small micro switch on the receiver until it blinks and MAYBE possibly also press the remote button and it'll bind got mine bound and the first second I goto ride my board I snapped my last belt :( have been riding this belt for 2 months :( it would break now!

Got mine as well and still trying to bind it. No luck so far. Tried pressing the micro switch on the receiver, it blinks and it instantly turns to constant blue again. At the same time pressures by the red button longer until it beeps doesn't work eather. Any ideas?

Answering my question myself :mrgreen: :

Power on board and remote simultaneously, keeping the remote red button pressed until 3 beeps are heard, then switch both board and remote off. It's now paired.
Thanks to the guy who translated benchwheel manual from Chinese to English! :)

So how does it work, guys? Please share your experiences! It is kind of funny that in the world of RC electronics this simple little device is actually a pretty big step backwards, especially considering the price.

I emailed Benchwheel about it through Amazon, here was their response:
"Power on the remote and receiver at the same time, while holding down the red button on the remote for 5 seconds. There are 3 beeps while pairing board to the remote, but no beeps when pairing remote to the receiver."

Anyone get this working yet to see how well it works?

It works well, I like the 2 speed options and the wheel potentiometer, which makes it quite safe because you won't accidentally hit the throttle. Didn't test the battery live yet though. It's small and it fits in my pocket which is good too! :)

Hi guys, I just got both a VESC and this BenchWheel receiver, after a long time waiting!
This is really my first eBoard, and I'm sure the steps to connect one to the other are very basic... but I'm not really sure how to proceed; Besides, seems like they made some last time changes to the connectors manually, according to the legend

Can you walk me through it please? :oops:

Here a pic of both the VESC and the Receiver:

Attachments

• Grcr12f.jpg
    Grcr12f.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 2,210
I've tried connecting the output pins from the receiver, to the P3-VESC-PORT:

1.) 5v to 5v(vesc)
2.) - to GND(vesc)
3.) PWM to RX(vesc), but nothing happens.

I'm not sure if I have to set up anything specific using BLDC, but I've also activated UART at "Apps" with no result at all, and can't figure out how to make it work :oops:

Attachments

• IMG_5903.jpeg
    IMG_5903.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 4,315
I finally connected it to the VESC via PPM, and it's working.
However, I think the remote itself is kind of broken...

As soon as I turn the remote ON, it will turn off automatically after a few seconds, not allowing me to throttle the board more than 2 seconds. Then I have to turn it on again, and I don't know what's happening. When I connect it to the USB port for charging, it starts charging for a few seconds, and then the lights go off too.

At first I thought it could be the battery, so I decided to replace it with another one I have (same voltage) to check it out. Sadly, it's happening the same, so it's not the battery. Any idea of what can be wrong?

This remote looks pretty comfortable to hold.
but it's pretty pricey for what it is.
Is there any link to buy this remote from another site? maybe China? Amazon seems to always be sold out.

This is nice. It's 2.4Ghz but it's a thumb throttle like a Wii. It's rechargeable and has cruise-control.

s573486492380142405_p8_i3_w160.jpeg

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=75376

Back