Shipping to USA from Enertion?

stuxtruth

1 W
Hey guys,

I'm in Charlotte, North Carolina and I was wondering how long it took for other guys to get their parts from enertion because I know they are based out of Australia. I'm trying to get motor/wheel pulleys, belt and mounting hardware. Don't necessarily want to pay an arm and a leg for shipping.

I'm thinking about buying a 36T drive hub:

http://www.enertionboards.com/buy-build-your-own-electric-skateboard-parts/enertion-drive-36t-HTD-eboard-wheel-hub/

and the motor pulley performance set:

http://www.enertionboards.com/electric-skateboard-parts/performance-set-5mm-htd-motor-pulley/

I'm planning on also running two of these:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__15006__Turnigy_5000mAh_3S_20C_Lipo_Pack_US_Warehouse_.html

The diyelectricskateboard ESC

http://diyelectricskateboard.com/product/single-motor-120a-6s-esc/

And this motor:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18180__Turnigy_Aerodrive_SK3_6364_213kv_Brushless_Outrunner_Motor.html

What do you guys think of this setup? I'm trying to keep my bank account in mind because I'm a broke college student. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, I already bought the DIY electric skateboard welded motor mount and plan on welding to my trucks. I bought ABEC11 clones off eBay too. (83MM)

I've purchased a couple things from Enertion. I'm in Seattle and so might be slightly closer than you (relative to Australia). I remember getting it in just a few days (5-7ish) which i thought was ridiculously fast.

It's easy to get spoiled by Amazon prime and 2 day shipping, but coming from Australia he seems to pick very fast shipping!

That is super fast. Yes I am spoiled by Amazon prime lol but I was expecting up to a month. (Like when buying things from China)

hold on a sec. You are going to get the components separately? So you have about $40 for the wheel gear, 30 for the motor gears, and 30 for DIYes weld on mount (usually 15-20 to have someone who can weld aluminum)...

My math isn't great, but why not just buy a full single motor mount kit and get all of that plus the belt included?

I'd recommend either the Enertion or DIYes motor mounts:
Enertion kit - 129
DIYes Motor mount kit - 118

I've used both and ADS from the UK's - these are the best.

IMO - The biggest differences are this:
DIYes - can get mount for Paris trucks if you prefer them.
Enertion - CF bling is awesome and light weight.

Adjustability and full 360* angle possibilities i'd recommend the DIYes over Enertion. But simplicity and rock solid i'd recommend the Enertion. The DIYes is great if you need some extra clearance for a drop deck or possibly squeeze a smaller motor on a drop-through w/ big wheels? Flexible, but the parts can be really "fiddly" to get "just right".

Both quality - you really can't go wrong.

HTH - GL!

stuxtruth said:
That is super fast. Yes I am spoiled by Amazon prime lol but I was expecting up to a month. (Like when buying things from China)
I think the longest it took from the time it shipped was just shy of two weeks. Onloop is seriously fast shipping his stuff out. Always surprised and appreciate his speediness!

Sl33py I have Bear trucks so the weld was the only option without having to buy new trucks. But yea you are right. I probably am spending a little more than I need to.

ya, enertion shipping is surprisingly fast.

I'm in florida, and it usually takes around a week; sometimes less.

stuxtruth said:
Sl33py I have Bear trucks so the weld was the only option without having to buy new trucks. But yea you are right. I probably am spending a little more than I need to.

You could try the DIYes motor mounts meant for Paris which are round, then file them to fit Bear? I think Torque was looking to have other truck options, but don't know his ETA. Maybe he'll chime in here.

With the grub screws to hold the mount and truck adapters i think it would be fine.

I've already purchased the welded but I'm sure this won't be my last build so I'll have to try that next time. The rigid aluminum seems pretty sturdy anyway. My buddy has a tig welder so he's going to weld it for me for free.

I'm also in Charlotte and when I ordered my first kit from Enertion It took no longer than two weeks to get here. On my last build I got mounts from DIY. Ordered on Monday and they were here by the weekend. I was pleased with the products from both companies went with DIY because they were a lil cheaper. I would talk to torque you could probably get together with him and get some sort of package deal. Said you were a college kid UNCC by any chance?

If you want the fastest possible shipping order Sunday, Wednesday, or Thursday evening's - That's Australian time!

I don't do work on Tuesday or Wednesday so nothing gets shipped. (Technically speaking I'm a stay home dad... so those are dad and son days... the other days I let him roam the streets so I can pack orders.)

So if you order late on Monday for example nothing happens until Thursday.

If you order over $300AUD ($220ish USD) you get free shipping...

Also be sure to change (top right) the currencies on the website to USD if you haven't already.

Well611... as a matter of fact I am a mechanical engineering student at UNCC we should meet up!

Onloop. Thanks for the info! I actually ordered today around Noon EST.

Shipping from Australia to North Carolina took 4 whole days (that's over the weekend too. Got my parts in this morning. That's incredible. Thanks Enertion! Parts are top notch too.

Back