DIY 10S Li-Ion pack! Which cells do you recomend? & BMS?

Nordle

100 W
Samsung would be a bit cheaper, but heavier (10cells more). 125usd vs 150usd...
Just not sure if it gives me enough amps?:/
Is it possible to wire 2 BMS in parallel to increase amp output? Or aren't amps that high on 10s?

I want run dual Vesc 149kv sk3 hub motors.

I think the second ones are better from a discharge perspective. About the BMS: it might be sufficient for flat environment, but might be not a good choice if plan to go uphill, because 40A max. peak might limit your possibilities.

And what's about 2 parallel BMS'? Is that possible, or no go?
Or do you have other BMS recomandations?

I would have to know more about the application before I could recommend anything.
What is this for? What is its power requirements? Where does this have to fit?

I don't know this specific BMS, but it might be worth trying:

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32459655141.html?productSubject=36V-2000W-Lithium-Battery-BMS-PCB-10S-42V-Electric-Bicycle-Battery-BMS-60A-continuous-120A-peak&productSubject=36V-2000W-Lithium-Battery-BMS-PCB-10S-42V-Electric-Bicycle-Battery-BMS-60A-continuous-120A-peak&productId=32459655141&productId=32459655141&tracelog=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail

MrDude_1 said:
I would have to know more about the application before I could recommend anything.
What is this for? What is its power requirements? Where does this have to fit?
Nordle said:
I want run dual Vesc 149kv sk3 hub motors.
has to fit under my longboard.

@elkick, thx your linked bms sounds like a good deal:) ~e~ from Japan :O

About the batteries: 40a is correct for a 4p setup. It's ok if you use it in normal environment without really steep hills.
About the charger: should be ok, but better ask if it supports cccv charging before ordering it. They are not very specific about the capabilities of this charger.

I think I'm going 5p of the NCR-GA's hope this will give me enough amps. Another noob question, what happens if i draw more current than battery can deliver? voltage sag?
50A fuse would be standard, if put a 60A fuse there could I draw 12A per cell is that right (60A / 5P = 12A)?
6p is too large :? would be 21Ah :shock: maybe who knows... :twisted:

elkick said:
About the batteries: 40a is correct for a 4p setup. It's ok if you use it in normal environment without really steep hills.
No steep hills.... heavy mountains! ;D

The charger https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-charge...r.html#/424-cool-fan/426-ac_voltage-180264vac has freaky shipping cost -.- may be a good deal if you're located in the US.

Batteries won't let you draw more amps than they can deliver. They will just start getting hot and sagging if you overtax them. Some will blow their internal fuse, explode, vent, catch fire, or start leaking on you, though. Doesn't sound like you will be anywhere near that territory. :wink:

I have several quick and dirty packs made of old makita 10S4P packs of konions and they are able to deliver 50-60amps up steep hills. They just get slightly warm by the end of the ride, but perform very well. The 10S5P packs of Konion VTC4's I have don't even break a sweat.

Back