stencil for pulley wheel mount

Njakts

1 W
Hello!

I am in proces of building my first e-board and now I am where I need to mount pulley to wheel.
Wheels are so called Abec clones and I want to mount pulley in a similar way as enertionboards drive hub where you have a washer in one side and screws go trough it and screw directly in pulley on the other side.

I need a stencil for mounting holes, that I could print and mark precise dots where to drill in washer and pulley. I tried to mark drill locations using caliper and carefully measuring everything, but that did not end very good, so I want to try different method for drilling trough washer before I drill in my pulley.

if there is different method of measuring, marking and drilling precise holes, please welcome, and if such stencils don't exist, I'll have to find cad software and draw it myself.

Thanks!

As you had not so much luck here, there is an interesting and very active electric skateboard builders forum where you can ask for that piece of info.
http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/

Alternatively, there is a thread called "3d parts repository" or some such on these forums, and I know for a fact (modelled and uploaded it myself) that there is an extremely accurate 3d model of the abec clones on there. The model is hosted on grabcad, so you could get it from there on the link on above thread.

I may have also uploaded my wheel pulley if you want to print that, otherwise you can grab the stl file I uploaded and print it out to give you the side profile and mark from that if you didn't want to plot the holes by hand straight from the cad file.

thanks guys!

I ended up drawing templates on autocad. sticked them on washer and pulley and drilled. worked out fine, but its not perfectly centered and I am scared I can break wheel hub from over tightening bolts.

I really want 3d printed parts for the mount, but I dont have any friends with 3d printer, so I have to look for someone who could print them.

Thank you Montiey for the link.

I found a local printer and ordered 40t pulley and retainer from thingsverse.com
(http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:545345)
Print quality is amazing and everything was around 20$...

Printer owned suggested z-ultrat material, which is harder ar better for mechanical uses than ABS, will see...

Parts straight outta printer

20160221_122235.jpg

But it was not a direct fit... ''spokes'' in my ABEC clone wheels seem to be thicker than original, so when I mount pulley to the wheel, I could not put screws trough it, because spokes are in the way. I solved it by grinding few milimeters off the pulley inserts and retainer inserts.

Now it fits, is perfectly centered, looks good and weights next to nothing compared to alu pulley.
Will make more pics later.

Did you use what the guy classes as "the thick hubbed clones" print?
The original ABEC wheels and older clones have a slightly different hub than the new clones.

WeeChumlee said:
Did you use what the guy classes as "the thick hubbed clones" print?
The original ABEC wheels and older clones have a slightly different hub than the new clones.

Oh, snap... Didn't see it back then, but yeah, that should work straight away.

Back