TorqueBoards ESC Programming Card Not Working, Need Firmware

Zorb

1 mW
Hey everyone!

I ordered the TorqueBoards ESC Programming Card a while ago to build my first board and as soon as I tried to use it, it wasnt working as in the instructional video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvljCjOZLUc). I tried doing it with and without the motor connected and with different batteries but nothing works. I am sure that I am connecting everything properly. The screen turns on and just shows "ESC Model" and "ESC Software Version" in alternating screens. I press the buttons and nothing happens except when I press default many times repeatedly and it says "press ok to save the default settings". Ive tried connecting the programming card to my computer to see if I can find some information about the firmware but to no avail.

If anyone has any idea on what I can do to fix the problem please let me know its highly appreciated. I believe that reflashing the firmware should solve the problem but I cant find it online. I have found some people referencing the same problem on different forums but there is no solution posted.

Thanks in advance for any help :D

Attachments

• Torqueboards ESC .jpg
    Torqueboards ESC .jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,013
sounds as if only power supply and no esc is found. either your esc isnt powered on (connected to battery?), or you lack the esc connection. from what i remember i used ubec into left programming card port and the shorter of the 2 esc 3-pin connectors into right programmingcard port (12s version). you probably have the 6s version, which wasnt an opto esc right?

is your esc doing anything? like did you testspin the motor?

whitepony said:
sounds as if only power supply and no esc is found. either your esc isnt powered on (connected to battery?), or you lack the esc connection. from what i remember i used ubec into left programming card port and the shorter of the 2 esc 3-pin connectors into right programmingcard port (12s version). you probably have the 6s version, which wasnt an opto esc right?

is your esc doing anything? like did you testspin the motor?

Yeah I forgot to mention that I have the 6s ESC so theres only one cable and I plugged it in how it said in the video. Im using the wiiceiver as the control board and yeah when I hook everything up the motors turn but only go forward. And it doesn't spin too fast which makes me believe that I need to adjust the max speed and some other settings with the programming card which I cant.

Could you post a picture of your wiring? @torqueboards Could help with this.

If it does end up being the firmware, I have a more recent version of the 6s 120a firmware to what you are running there. This *should* flash onto your esc without problems, but can't make any promises.

The manufacturer would be able to get the firmware version you currently have to you, grab a screen shot of the USB link program and let them know it's corrupt and you need to do it again. But chances are there is something wrong with the connections - either the wrong way around, not switched on or a loose wire somewhere. Manufacturer might take a little while to get back to you as well.

zorb, I had the same 6s version from diyelectricskateboard, It went out on me after about 32 miles and I wont waste my money again on that ESC. However I have the programmer that I will never use so its all yours if you are interested. It for sure works. If you are interested pm me and Ill ship it out.

Back