Dual Rear 12S 6355 230KV Slim, Arbor, Hex TKPs

Here's a new build/board I was testing to test mainly the battery packs (12S3P 12S 7.5ah). Pretty simple build. Climbs up hills like butter. :mrgreen:

Mechanical Parts
Deck/Board - Arbor 2015 Bamboo Axis 40"
Trucks - SurfRodz Hex TKP w/ 70mm Extended Axles
Wheels - 90mm ABEC 11 Flywheel Clones Neon Green
Drive Wheel Pulley - 36T 15mm
Motor Pulley - 16T 15mm
Belts - 280mm 15mm width

Electrical Parts
ESCs - Dual 12S TorqueBoards ESC
Motors - Dual 6355 230KV
Remote Controller - TorqueBoards 2.4ghz Mini Remote
Battery Pack - 12S3P 7.5ah Samsung 25R 30A/80A Peak
Y Connectors - For Dual ESCs + Dual ESC Signal Wires.
UBEC - 12S UBEC

Here are the photos.
20160128_072457.jpg

20160129_075540.jpg

20160129_080153.jpg

20160129_080201.jpg

Just a few other additions..
Better simple enclosure.
- 3mm ABS enclosure which will cover the bottom and protect against any rocks and such just make it a little more durable.
- Will add in Silicone Rubber Sheet and will bolt it down. The rubber sheet should make it completely waterproof besides the power button.
- Could also velcro part of it so you can open/close.

Add a grab handle.
- Board is much longer so it's definitely harder to hold. I don't like holding it by the board itself since the grip tape can ruin clothes.

Hex TKP Trucks are awesome.
- The hex TKP trucks aren't too pricey if you get a bundle w/ a deck and they turn smoothly. Buying another set as we speak and might switch out to them completely for all my boards.

awh, I really like the arbor boards!! drop through mount wouldve brought the motors too close to the ground? would be cool to see drop through and let the motors point up at the backside like a dual evolve! 8)

and really love the battery format, 400Wh'ish is for me the absoutely ideal size! the whole setup is quite borderline lengthy though, just barely fits under the board ... time to try dual vesc to save room? :mrgreen:

Superb!!!
Is that blue part on the board a foot stop? We use them to pump the slalom boards but I guess you dont't need to do it with this skate :lol: :lol:

arbor for the win!

How much flex does that drop thru have? My pintail had way to much give for a long pack like that, but I'm assuming there isn't near as much flex on the axis.

whitepony said:
drop through mount wouldve brought the motors too close to the ground? would be cool to see drop through and let the motors point up at the backside like a dual evolve! 8)
time to try dual vesc to save room? :mrgreen:

I originally tried the drop through but everything is too big. The lean on these Hex TKP trucks are ridiculous that they kept biting. I ordered new bushings hopefully I can fix it and put a drop on it. I doubt there's enough room though.

I'm working on dual VESCs :) I want to start playing with them as well.

Leonard said:
Superb!!!
Is that blue part on the board a foot stop? We use them to pump the slalom boards but I guess you dont't need to do it with this skate :lol: :lol:

I like the foot stops even if I'm going slow.. I can chill more and worry less about foot placement. Great for going downhill and not really worrying about trying to stay on your board.

cmatson said:
arbor for the win!

How much flex does that drop thru have? My pintail had way to much give for a long pack like that, but I'm assuming there isn't near as much flex on the axis.

Actually has a bit of flex more then I'm use too.. but I'm actually starting to like it since I don't feel most of the pavements anymore. Not too much like a Vanguard though. Yeah, I got the axis since I wanted it a bit more sturdy but still a bit flexy.

whitepony said:
with 230kv, 12S, 16/36 and 90mm it should reach something around 75kph, did you actually try to hit that yet? :D

lol, no. I probably won't ever. too fast for me.

Are you going to sell that pack?

What settings did you use for the ESC to work with that pack? Same as for the space cell?

Yeah, perhaps...However, this 12S3P IMO seems quite big. Should be about the same price as SpaceCell if not $25 more or something w/ shipping included. This pack also has 2x USB ports.

I'm at Motor Timing : High and Acceleration : Low for current settings. So far no issues.

torqueboards said:
Yeah, perhaps...However, this 12S3P IMO seems quite big.

I wanted to write that initially - the battery looked extremely long on the pictures - really limits the board choices since you need a large wheelbase. is it the same thing like with the space cell where the electronic components of the battery are taking so much room?

a colleague of mine bought the space cell because he liked the all in 1 package - I also think its very cool with bms, switch, volt meter and charger. BUT: the space cell with 30 cells (10S3P) has the exact same dimension as my DIY 10S4P except for that its even 0.5cm taller. So 10cells for a bunch of electronics that I didnt need a single one of for my last tesseract build. maybe you should sell 2 versions - a "naked" 12S3P and something else with electronics where you replace some cells for components, 12S2P with high current cells or so?

then again after calculating your max speed I remembered that im actually NOT a fan of 12S :p it just doesnt really fit well with all the common motor & gearing choices unless you want to reach really high speeds that most people arent comfortable at. imo you can tune 10S in a better range with all the common motors in the 200 plusminus 50 range and larger pulleys for more connecting teeth - youll mostly end up around 40->60km/h top end speed, which is probably already leaving the funzone for many. :wink:

12S3P are in production. Should have some available soon. You can pre-order on the website. Delivery is looking at about 1st-2nd week of April.

I'll use this to wrap up the bottom of the deck.

http://www.rubbercal.com/sheet-rubber/recycled-rubber/x-derm-recycled-rubber-60a.html

Should work well.

Back