Just picked up an Urban Mover UM70SX - Any info out there?

joshseitz

100 W
Greetings,

First time posting in the E-Skateboard section. I just picked up a 6-7 year old Urban Mover UM70SX with old SLAs. 36V system 800W max supposedly.

http://urbanmover.com/products/powerBoards/UM70SX.php

I have a couple of 6S 10Ah multirotar packs that I was going to series together to run around 44V, but wasn't sure if the controller was up to it.

Does anyone have any info on this machine or its controller? Am I safe running this voltage, or should I pick up a 4S pack to arrive at a voltage closer to 36V?

thanks!

I have been using 12S on my otherwise stock EMAD 600W and not problems. It's much lighter and has more power for sure. Imagine top speed is up a little bit but acceleration/power is increased for sure.

I just fired-up the UM70/EMAD with 12S and it's fun, though it's pretty squirrely at speed.

I've tightened-up the trucks a bit and have the tires at around 25 psi.

Any other setup recommendations to make this thing feel a bit more stable at speed?

It seems like its only a matter of when, not if, I have a really bad accident on this death machine!

You can turn your motor mount, or the whole hanger, around and setup your board like this:

[youtube]_8DMx1kZvGA[/youtube]

You would probably need a new slimmer battery enclosure. I'd hit up Dave of E-glide.com. They might even have the GI deck still laying around.

Back