New chinese clone of STARY and INBOARD m1 board.

Lightweight / Folding / Portable EVs - seats optional
appelton   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 16
Joined: Feb 29 2016 12:37pm

New chinese clone of STARY and INBOARD m1 board.

Post by appelton » Feb 29 2016 12:54pm

It seems like there is a new clone of STARY and INBOARD.

Image
Image
Image

Despite the fact that it's from China it actually has some nice specs. Double IN-WHEEL motor just like Inboard. Carbon fiber case. 90 minutes charge time and nice speed. Has anyone tried it ? Also - this is the same manufacturer as ACTON BLINK skateboard which gives some credibility.

Double IN-WHEEL MOTOR

Wattage: > 500w Voltage: 36V
Power Supply: Lithium Battery Wheel
Size: 83MM Motor: Brushless Certification: CE
Frame Material: Carbon Fibre
Max Speed: 25-30km/h
Range per Power: 10 - 30 km
Charge time:90min
Operating method:wireless control
Top material: carbon fiber
Deck length:88CM
Wheel type:PU (83mm)
Controler:No hole,double drive controller 2.4G wireless remote control
Motor:1500W *2 hub motor
Battery:36V7AH
MAX Speed:<30km/h
Drive system:direct drive
loading capacity :100KG
SLA W/Li.W.:7.2KG/5.5KG

User avatar
bandaro   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 528
Joined: Jun 01 2010 2:17am
Location: Canberra, Australia

Re: New chinese clone of STARY and INBOARD m1 board.

Post by bandaro » Feb 29 2016 5:12pm

You know, that thing almost looks half decent until you look closer and see how they have done it.

It seems to be constructed very similar to how I do mine, but to get it that thin they have lifted the battery compartment. The concave is literally ruined, you are standing on a flat surface that then dips down and flares back up to the same height. This will offer almost no grip or any position for you to nestle your foot in to throw the board around, and basically results in you riding a plank.

It will also be interesting to see how it holds up when that handle smashes a curb, but it would make it very easy to carry - you can hold the handle and roll it behind you like a granny trolley type setup, something I have been looking into for a while now, and doing with some of my boards.

Interesting to see where it goes.

User avatar
sk8norcal   100 MW

100 MW
Posts: 2995
Joined: May 16 2010 5:29am
Location: San Jose, CA
Contact:

Re: New chinese clone of STARY and INBOARD m1 board.

Post by sk8norcal » Mar 02 2016 12:39am

good find..

NormRD   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 48
Joined: Jan 22 2014 9:54am

Re: New chinese clone of STARY and INBOARD m1 board.

Post by NormRD » Mar 03 2016 8:24am

Anyone receive price/delivery info on this?

WeeChumlee   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 346
Joined: Jul 08 2015 9:47am

Re: New chinese clone of STARY and INBOARD m1 board.

Post by WeeChumlee » Mar 03 2016 9:52am

@NormRD

Hope you are ready to buy 30 of them. :D
http://bisekcycle.en.alibaba.com/produc ... board.html

appelton   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 16
Joined: Feb 29 2016 12:37pm

Re: New chinese clone of STARY and INBOARD m1 board.

Post by appelton » Mar 03 2016 1:30pm

No worries guys. I bet that within next 2-3 months someone will start distributing these boards in Eu or Us. Specs look really good so ..lets just wait till someone starts to sell it.

User avatar
maxchilton   10 W

10 W
Posts: 92
Joined: Jul 15 2015 10:30am

Re: New chinese clone of STARY and INBOARD m1 board.

Post by maxchilton » Mar 03 2016 6:03pm

bandaro wrote:You know, that thing almost looks half decent until you look closer and see how they have done it.

It seems to be constructed very similar to how I do mine, but to get it that thin they have lifted the battery compartment. The concave is literally ruined, you are standing on a flat surface that then dips down and flares back up to the same height. This will offer almost no grip or any position for you to nestle your foot in to throw the board around, and basically results in you riding a plank.

It will also be interesting to see how it holds up when that handle smashes a curb, but it would make it very easy to carry - you can hold the handle and roll it behind you like a granny trolley type setup, something I have been looking into for a while now, and doing with some of my boards.

Interesting to see where it goes.

You do realize those images are computer renderings and not of the actual board itself right? lmao. Who knows what the real board will look like or how closely it resembles the CGI renderings or if it even exist at all.
.









das it mane.

WeeChumlee   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 346
Joined: Jul 08 2015 9:47am

Re: New chinese clone of STARY and INBOARD m1 board.

Post by WeeChumlee » Mar 04 2016 6:22am

@ Maxchilton
There are a couple of photos of the board and Hubs on trucks on their website, though not a lot and not great detail.

User avatar
LEVer   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 719
Joined: Nov 07 2012 3:29am
Location: SoCal
Contact:

Re: New chinese clone of STARY and INBOARD m1 board.

Post by LEVer » Mar 04 2016 11:02am

It's real alright, I've seen videos of it in action. My worry is, unless those batteries are prismatic Lifepo4 (which I doubt they are), these new boards from China will create another hoverboard fiasco. Backfire and all its multiple clones, Stary, and now this, all have Lipos that your average consumer does not know how to properly handle.

appelton   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 16
Joined: Feb 29 2016 12:37pm

Re: New chinese clone of STARY and INBOARD m1 board.

Post by appelton » Mar 05 2016 9:05am

LEVer wrote:It's real alright, I've seen videos of it in action. My worry is, unless those batteries are prismatic Lifepo4 (which I doubt they are), these new boards from China will create another hoverboard fiasco. Backfire and all its multiple clones, Stary, and now this, all have Lipos that your average consumer does not know how to properly handle.
Can you share some links with videos ? Or their website ?

User avatar
LEVer   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 719
Joined: Nov 07 2012 3:29am
Location: SoCal
Contact:

Re: New chinese clone of STARY and INBOARD m1 board.

Post by LEVer » Mar 05 2016 1:12pm

http://www.phantomgo.com/raven-eng.html

I can't share the video as it was directly emailed to me, I don't know if they want to publicly share it.

The deck almost look like Stary's except for the handle bar.

Hummina Shadeeba   100 MW

100 MW
Posts: 2753
Joined: Apr 25 2014 10:26pm
Location: sausalito cali..up the hill in front of the cruising club.

Re: New chinese clone of STARY and INBOARD m1 board.

Post by Hummina Shadeeba » Mar 05 2016 1:34pm

Another sealed hub motor. Same as ngv. Wish I'd simply tested with some tape covering the airholes before getting more made. Ever compare ur motors with the air holes covered, or added fins? Didn't have a chance to see before I still have to rewind mine!!

The website makes it look like they're selling hoverboards

What was it that made the hoverboards batteries catch on fire? They were even li-ion. I imagine it's the bms and if made well could be safe. Some of the evolve boards burned up and they're lipo I think. I wonder what percent of either. The number of hoverboards out there makes the fires seem common but maybe relative to the amount out there it's not as bad as portrayed.

User avatar
LEVer   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 719
Joined: Nov 07 2012 3:29am
Location: SoCal
Contact:

Re: New chinese clone of STARY and INBOARD m1 board.

Post by LEVer » Mar 05 2016 1:47pm

I know, they were Li-Ion 18650 and were supposedly safer than Li-polys. But they still lit up, quite dramatically too...really good for a viral video. :wink:

I've not heard of a Boosted fire, and there are tons of them too. I read that Evolve fire. Where's beto_pty? His response to it was hilarious. :mrgreen:

chuttney1   100 W

100 W
Posts: 243
Joined: Apr 03 2013 2:44pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: New chinese clone of STARY and INBOARD m1 board.

Post by chuttney1 » Mar 05 2016 5:09pm

LEVer wrote: I've not heard of a Boosted fire, and there are tons of them too.
You will never hear a Boosted fire thanks to the LiFePO4 stable chemistry.

User avatar
LEVer   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 719
Joined: Nov 07 2012 3:29am
Location: SoCal
Contact:

Re: New chinese clone of STARY and INBOARD m1 board.

Post by LEVer » Mar 05 2016 5:51pm

chuttney1 wrote:....

You will never hear a Boosted fire thanks to the LiFePO4 stable chemistry.
Exactly. I'm pretty sure these packs have been abused by a lot of people, yet they still come back up and deliver. They are really robust....literally.

I feel like the Li-Ion 18650 cells are being pushed to the consumers because they are cheap. They are abundant because of the vaping industry.

EBoardBro   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 21
Joined: Mar 07 2015 7:49pm

Re: New chinese clone of STARY and INBOARD m1 board.

Post by EBoardBro » Mar 06 2016 5:19pm

If you guys really wanted to try one, all you have to do is contact the seller and ask for a "sample" The way most of these Chinese companies work is that they will send you one for probably 2x retail plus DHL shipping. You could get this for $1200 or less if you negotiate.

User avatar
Snow247365   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 42
Joined: Oct 15 2015 8:04pm

Re: New chinese clone of STARY and INBOARD m1 board.

Post by Snow247365 » Apr 06 2016 9:49pm

I don't see how this is any different than Stary , except maybe that it doesn't have a planetary gear system to ware out.
They both are from china and offer a horrible warranty and repair service. ... None the less competition is good for all of us.!

bbq870   10 W

10 W
Posts: 65
Joined: Sep 20 2014 10:51pm

Re: New chinese clone of STARY and INBOARD m1 board.

Post by bbq870 » Apr 07 2016 2:30am

I am tempting to buy one, as I live in China. so shipping and tax is no issue for me.
Even if 600$ is not much for a E skateboard, its too much if I consider the roads here.
So I will build my E-Trampa first. that's way safer to ride here.
I really want to test this board, so maybe I get one

Uwe

User avatar
Snow247365   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 42
Joined: Oct 15 2015 8:04pm

Re: New chinese clone of STARY and INBOARD m1 board.

Post by Snow247365 » Apr 07 2016 10:00am

EBoardBro wrote:If you guys really wanted to try one, all you have to do is contact the seller and ask for a "sample" The way most of these Chinese companies work is that they will send you one for probably 2x retail plus DHL shipping. You could get this for $1200 or less if you negotiate.


If you are going to pay $1200 US for one then just get the Marbel that I have now for $1400. I think they are past major problems and the board is amazing. They will soon be shipping internationally. It comes with an awesome app for iOS/android check it out ridemarbel.com

bbq870   10 W

10 W
Posts: 65
Joined: Sep 20 2014 10:51pm

Re: New chinese clone of STARY and INBOARD m1 board.

Post by bbq870 » Apr 07 2016 11:24am

who says 1200?
the price is below 600!

bbq870   10 W

10 W
Posts: 65
Joined: Sep 20 2014 10:51pm

Re: New chinese clone of STARY and INBOARD m1 board.

Post by bbq870 » Apr 11 2016 4:58am

I got further details from the manufacturer today.

this board is still in development stage, means a prototype. (which makes it kind of a gamble about lifecycle or reliability)
they use chinese brand batteries and the range is 30km.

I think I will order one to see what it really is.
I hope you guys can help me to check the quality of this board.

User avatar
LockH   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 17588
Joined: Jul 09 2013 11:06pm
Location: Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then started to move around... Oh oh.

Re: New chinese clone of STARY and INBOARD m1 board.

Post by LockH » Apr 11 2016 9:48am

Website electric-boarding.com just added a post "Will Hub Motors Redefine The Electric Skateboard Industry Or Is It Just Another Fad?"
The biggest thing in electric skateboards for 2016 is in-hub motors. There are several new crowdfunded eSkateboards that are coming down the pike with these new motors. This article will discuss the benefits and drawbacks of skateboard hub motors and try to predict what the future will hold for the industry.
https://electric-boarding.com/2016/04/1 ... other-fad/

... including a cutaway view of the Stary geared eskateboard hub motor:
Image
ES changed my life (for the waaaaay better).

Eff. June, 2014 Phoenix Ebike Promotions

(Current ride? High speed lawn chair.)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57408

Phoenix Ebike Promotions conversion kit (work in progress. More drink holders, etc etc)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=60564

Joined yer local chapter of EA yet?
(Ebikers Anonymous - Where we're all miserable failures, but the parties are hilarious...)

ESB   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 4
Joined: Mar 24 2016 12:09am

Re: New chinese clone of STARY and INBOARD m1 board.

Post by ESB » Apr 11 2016 5:04pm

bbq870 wrote:who says 1200?
the price is below 600!
Yeah? usually they charge for shipping more than it seems.

Hummina Shadeeba   100 MW

100 MW
Posts: 2753
Joined: Apr 25 2014 10:26pm
Location: sausalito cali..up the hill in front of the cruising club.

Re: New chinese clone of STARY and INBOARD m1 board.

Post by Hummina Shadeeba » Apr 11 2016 5:11pm

LockH wrote:Website electric-boarding.com just added a post "Will Hub Motors Redefine The Electric Skateboard Industry Or Is It Just Another Fad?"
The biggest thing in electric skateboards for 2016 is in-hub motors. There are several new crowdfunded eSkateboards that are coming down the pike with these new motors. This article will discuss the benefits and drawbacks of skateboard hub motors and try to predict what the future will hold for the industry.
https://electric-boarding.com/2016/04/1 ... other-fad/

... including a cutaway view of the Stary geared eskateboard hub motor:
Image
It seems to be missing parts. The bearings and the inner rotor with the magnets. It's pretty complicated. A lot of space to accommodate the gearing just so they can get away with a smaller motor. All that extra space maybe could've just been a bigger motor. Somewhere in there I suspect there's got to be some thin bearings. Thin bearings in a skate wheel doesn't seem good. It's really cool though and maybe somehow super robust. We will see

edskate   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 29
Joined: Apr 01 2016 8:03am

Re: New chinese clone of STARY and INBOARD m1 board.

Post by edskate » Apr 12 2016 5:48am

What do you guys think about this?

http://www.gzwow.en.alibaba.com/product ... oards.html

You can get spare batteries to slot in when you run out, It looks like it could be better then the Lecdec, backfire, Magneto ect.

Post Reply