CARVON V2 Dual Hubs on 12s Hill Climb Video

okp said:
awesome ! good job jerry.

Thanks bro! Although board and video is not mine. I can't wait to see YOUR video. :wink:

I'm not doing much riding lately, too busy trying to build a Mini Cruiser like Rik's, http://runplayback.com/heres-a-manual-on-a-diy-electric-skateboard

12791116_947237528706669_1895118912332367763_n.jpg

SteveS said:
Very nice. What's the grade on that hill?

He wrote "5-6 degree hill half throttle 19.7 mph" on the YT description, so I guess 10%? It looks steeper than it is but the speed was pretty nice.

LEVer said:
[He wrote "5-6 degree hill half throttle 19.7 mph" on the YT description, so I guess 10%? It looks steeper than it is but the speed was pretty nice.

Thanks, I overlooked that description.

torqueboards said:
Sweet! Looks great.. That means the 15% incline is definitely doable.. What was his rider weight? What ESC's is he using? Guess, I gotta get mine setup now!

He's using your 12s ESCs! :D

Rider's weight is 185 and board is 18 lb.

Question to CARVON guys ! - how difficult is it to modify YUNEEC EGO with your hub motor wheels ? I have nothing to do with electronics but I assume that I would have to also change yuneec ESC aswell ? I don't want to make a board from scratch. It's too much for me. But I consider buying good board and later modifying it.
Is there any tutorial or video that could help me ? I consider buying a board with good battery in it and later modifying it by adding hub motors. All I need is good RANGE and some nice speed - not too fast like BOOSTED and not too slow like Yuneec.

For the E-go, you would need to modify almost all of the electronics whether you go hub motor or with a new belt-motor. They have their whole system integrated and they really don't want it messed around. I've experimented with the Backfire/Melonboard/Lecdec board and replaced the belt-motor with a Single hub, but the braking is weak unless you can put a VESC in there and modify the braking curve. In the end, it will be easier and better building one yourself.

All the parts for building a complete board are available, you would just need to connect them. Check out http://runplayback.com/how-i-built-a-diy-eboard

Back