Uber Scoot 300 LiPo testing.

Whiplash

1 MW
Hey all, I've decided I need easy transport from my boat to the hotel at the lake and I think this will do me just fine once I mod it a bit. Being an EV enthusiast, I can't live with myself if I don't tweak it a bit, so I'm going to try running this thing on 10s since J have a few puffy cells in a few 6s packs laying around. I think if I can get a 36 v controller and about 10ah of 10s I should have a halfway reliable 25ish mph scoot! And the best part is it should be around 30lbs once I "get the lead out". :)

Here's a pic of it, should be here by the 10th. A little playing around stock and I'll tear into it!

Attachments

• k2-_03882536-4758-48d9-a7a6-12c6560a7263.v1.jpg
    k2-_03882536-4758-48d9-a7a6-12c6560a7263.v1.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 3,774
Loads of really detaild info here mate, not sure if ya seen it :)

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=75177

Iam not familiar with the model but the throttle looks very similar to the razor on off twist If so the best first upgrade would be a hall effect compatible speed controller , most motors will take twice their working current if the gearing is not to steep so slap a 48v controller in 12s lipo and enjoy the wheelies, I recommend a watthour meter or ammeter and volt meter to see the current draws and voltage sag its better to see battery's condition in figures than different colour leds.

It's supposed to be a proportionate throttle but time will tell

Does this make sense guys? I like the lower amp output on this so I can run higher voltage (12s) without crazy high wattage. Any input?

What motor are u running if its a my1016 I just done a razor 12s lipo and smoked two 24v 300w motors at 50.4v it was pulling over 50amps on the flat with 5.1 gearing needless to say there was some smoke after 200 yards or so and it was balls of melted copper second motor I geared down to 6.11 I got say a mile still pulling crazy high currents reached 30mph though :) then that went up in smoke so I have ordered a my1020 48v 1000w motor with bracket to shove under the frame, I have run a 36v 500w my1020 razor on a 10s9p 18650 pack and it was so much torque I used to take it up the mountain paths with ease motor still runs to this day never got warm, lesson is the windings on the lower voltage motors allow a lot of current flow at higher voltages so they can't keep themself in check with back electromotive force so they destroy themselfs fast. Iam happy with a my1020 brushed motor plenty of torque and good for 30mph on a 12s lipo set with a 60a pwm controller nothing will get warm very efficent for a brushed setup.my original razor with SLA done 1 mile or so with a my1020 running a 10s9p 18650 pack direct to the motor with relays it didn't get hot and would go around 10 miles of fun top out at 25mph.

Yes, I figured it would die with that kind of power, my idea was run the controller I posted to limit power to about 1000 watts at 48v. Nobody seems to know so I'll just give it a go. I'm not familiar with brushed motors, only brushless...

Brushed motors won't tolerate over-voltage like BLDC. Brushes heat and wear quickly.

Ok! Finally an answer! :) so if I'm looking fo r more speed, could I do a 36v motor/ controller rated for more like 400or500 watts on 12s lipo? I've heard the 36v controllers work on with 12s...? That's just a little over voltage of the motor..

Well when I run my small motors to the extremes the brushes did not fail it was the armature that melted and the commentator from the heat of the current flow the carbon brushes where still nearly whole and in place that happened twice in a row, u can limit current but to effectively overvolt a motor u must gear it down to keep the wheel speed the same or it will try to draw more current and there will be no gains only heat losses, I have tryed to explain but hey don't listen to me I know nothing clearly ;).

That's very strange so the RPM will not increase with the higher voltage? I just assumed by going to a higher voltage the RPM will increase and the top speed will go up slightly as long as the motor can handle the wattage or is that not true? I'm only talking about a few volts here not a lot I want to run a 36 volt motor with 12's lipo that will only be a few volt higher than a fully charged 36 volt lead-acid setups.

Yes the motor rpm will increase but try to change the sprockets to gear it down a little so u keep it near the same wheel top speed that way the current won't go to crazy, if its 36v stock motor a 10s lipo should be fine , but beware these 48v stock razor videos are full of it they rev fine under no load put a person on them and no chance smoke in seconds

I'm not sure but if I search for a 36v 300w uberscoot it says its a hub motor so in that case it will be a brushless motor either a geared hub or very low kV rating but not available in UK so I not much help sorry.

Thanks for that but yes it is definitely a brushed motor it's got a chain drive I wish it was brushless haha then it would be easy

Speaking of which does anybody make a brushless motor that will bolt in place of this one? It's the same one that's in the Razor e300

No direct bolt in brushless set up unfortunately, I have seen a turnigy sk3 6374 mounted inside the my1016 with the magnets taken out of the casing so its using it as an holder looked like it worked but the front of them motors is only crappy cast so maybe a custom bracket would be best choice better heat dissipation too don't spend to much time on the 300watt go brushless if your comfortable with that, its easy enough to get the hall throtlle working on a rc car esc with a rc servo tester

The my1020 motor I talk is massive really and weighty but big punch of torque solid to stall it just keeps chugging like a diesel

I have a 63/74 on the shelf, I think that's the way to go, I guess I just didn't want to deal with fitting the halls to it.... Any easy Hall mount out there these days? Been out of the loop a while...

I've successfully run a 36v 1000w zy1020 at 3kw peaks and achieved max speeds of just over 30mph for the duration of a 16ah 12s lipo pack the motor showed no signs of overheating and pulled up steep inclines and got a lot of attention from the locals
I plan on using it on a bmx next with a 3 speed sturmy archer rear hub with a 8mm sprocket attached giving me a 3kw 3 speed bmx easy do 40mph and climb anywhere good thing about gearing is you can swap speed for range if your running low on juice.

Any testing with the xyd1420 motor? Rated at 36v 1000 watts, I would think that could easily handle 12s, no?

Would be pretty easy to fab a bracket for it.

The xyd 16 motor is fitted to the oset 48v trials bike not sure on the turns of the windings, its rated at 36v 1000w but they handle 60v on stock so I can't see why not 12s , I wouldn't go more on a razor or simular chassis though 30+mph feels not to connected with the ground even with dual disk brakes I tend to nose wheelie under heavy breaking or wheelie at bottom to mid range 50v 60amp is plenty for me. I only use the unite motors as I have 3 lying around and i seen 4s 16ah lipo multi stars at a price I could not resist and a razor for £20 it only cost me £250 to build a complete set up and I already had a 10s lipo charger from my 18650 experimentation.

Ok cool, its almost the same size as stock motor so I'll use it! Should be able to order it soon! :) 30mph is more than enough so hopefully that's about what I get.

Honestly if I could get 25mph and ubsurd climbing power that'd be even better!

Back