PSA: do not get ripped off by Enertion

dacc34

1 µW
I ordered a SPACE Cell battery from Enertion for my electric longboard. It took over a month to come in, which was understandable considering that it had to come by sea from China. Out of the box, it did not work. The anti-spark switch that turns it on would not stay engaged, and I could not use it on my board as a result. I got in contact with their support team, who said the quickest solution would be for them to send a replacement switch and battery lining so that I could fix it myself, rather than having to send it all the way back and wait for a replacement. This would have been perfectly acceptable, had they actually sent me a new switch. After two months of going back and forth with their support trying to get them to send me a switch, I have gotten nothing except for excuses as to why they have not sent me a switch. I had to threaten to dispute the charge on my credit card for them to offer any sort of actual support. Do yourself a favor, and do not waste your money with them.

dacc34 said:
I ordered a SPACE Cell battery from Enertion for my electric longboard. It took over a month to come in, which was understandable considering that it had to come by sea from China. Out of the box, it did not work. The anti-spark switch that turns it on would not stay engaged, and I could not use it on my board as a result. I got in contact with their support team, who said the quickest solution would be for them to send a replacement switch and battery lining so that I could fix it myself, rather than having to send it all the way back and wait for a replacement. This would have been perfectly acceptable, had they actually sent me a new switch. After two months of going back and forth with their support trying to get them to send me a switch, I have gotten nothing except for excuses as to why they have not sent me a switch. I had to threaten to dispute the charge on my credit card for them to offer any sort of actual support. Do yourself a favor, and do not waste your money with them.

im calling bull, on enertions forum he has been nothing but helpful to the people in need concerning failures related to space cells.

They have also had a lot on their plate lately...

I remember everyone was asking where there space cell's were in mid February (Enertion wasn't shipping their orders..) and it turns out their factory was on holiday for Chinese new year or something. Then they had countless issues with Raptor's failing, loosing signal, and coming with dead space cell's like yours... this was after shipping them later than expected too. That whole problem took weeks to fix, and Jason was working non-stop to get everyone's issue fixed and compensated for. After that, he replaced all of the space cell switches with a different/more durable one.

It seems plausible that he could have forgotten about sending you a switch during this whole mess, or even didn't have the capacity to send you a new switch since he was in the process of updating all of his in-stock space cell's.

I'm not saying just forget about it, but Enertion has been known for solid support in the past.. heck, just look at the Raptor problems thread on the electric skateboard builders forum.

On a side note, this is a topic for the moderators, but it seems that there have been more topics bashing the small esk8 companies lately than necessary.. as its been said before, most of them are one guy running the whole show, which can be tough. I hate to see reputable members like Onloop, Chaka, and torqueboard's get slammed for an honest screw up here or there.

Hi,

Firstly, I apologise for the problems you have experienced & I apologise we couldn't resolve the matter in a timely manner we are currently rethinking our customer service system to make improvements, one of the recent changes is to establish a US-based agent to assist with repairs. This took some time but is now setup and seems to be working well. However it still takes time.. I think it's worth pointing out that myself and my agent are literally just two guys who work from our garages in our spare time.

Moving on, From time-to-time products do fail, I promise If I lived near you I'd personally come to your house to help you out.. but I live very far away, in another country, so have limited ability to provide rapid assistance. Unfortunately, most of the options available to resolve this issue require you as the end user to do physically something! If you don't want to do anything you will be left feeling frustrated and I fully understand that but that's life.

Also, I would recommend that you don't try to do a charge-back with your credit card company, firstly that is fraudulent and you could be slapped with some kind of legal action for acting that way and have a permanent black flag against your personal credit rating. Also, it's not really fair or reasonable, in my opinion, this kind or recourse is simply unacceptable adult behaviour. I will gladly provide evidence of shipping and email correspondence to your credit card company proving you do in fact have the product, that I am assuming you are claiming, you never received in an effort to get your money back.

Here are your options.

1. Return product to Australia for full refund. You need to send it via sea shipping
2. Place an order for a zero dollar part to log your address & issue in our order system, so we can send you parts. (I am fairly certain I told you this in your first email, if not I apologise) http://www.enertionboards.com/how-to-build-eboard/custom-board-upgrade-charge/
3. Send the battery to our US-based repair agent for repair under warranty (new option)
4. Repair it yourself & bill us for the cost. Replacing a switch is very easy and we would gladly assist with instructions. (I am fairly sure I told you this in your first email, if not I apologise)
5. Finally, I will find a buyer who wants to buy a faulty SPACE Cell at a discounted price and once they have paid me the money, you have posted it & they receive it, ill give you a full refund.

If you don't feel like these options are satisfactory please write to me, privately or publicly, with your alternative suggestions and I will try to accommodate.

We look forward to resolving this matter & improving our service in the future.

If you decide to fix it here are the parts.

here is the switch
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colorful-1PC-Car-12V-Round-Rocker-Boat-LED-Light-Toggle-SPST-Switch-ON-OFF-/381034008604?hash=item58b765901c:g:HpQAAOSwq5lTn93-&vxp=mtr

here is the new shrink tube for outside of battery (battery is 145mm wide, so i think you need to buy 180mm tube)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Width120mm-465mm-PVC-Heat-Shrink-Tubing-Battery-Size-Selectable-Color-Black-2M-/201438754537?var=500619343610&hash=item2ee6af76e9:m:myjlkyGFWdsiQHLKn221tpQ

I will also compensate you for your time. it should take 10-15mins to do this job. So I can pay you an amount that you think is fair.

NOTE: you will need a soldering iron & solder.

I know someone who'd be willing to buy the faulty space cell if the end user does not want to fix it.

onloop said:
Also, I would recommend that you don't try to do a charge-back with your credit card company, firstly that is fraudulent and you could be slapped with some kind of legal action for acting that way and have a permanent black flag against your personal credit rating. Also, it's not really fair or reasonable, in my opinion, this kind or recourse is simply unacceptable adult behaviour. I will gladly provide evidence of shipping and email correspondence to your credit card company proving you do in fact have the product, that I am assuming you are claiming, you never received in an effort to get your money back.

No way it would be fraudulent whether in the US or Australia.

bobfandango said:
onloop said:

if you say you never got the product when in-fact its no more then 2 feet from you then yes onloop is right. if you say the product is defective yet wont do anything about it you CCC will tell you to grow up, so to save people time...

GROW UP, you have been given 5 options to rectify the problem so pick one and stop trying to slander someone that actually does something of use for the community.

delta_19 said:
bobfandango said:
onloop said:

if you say you never got the product when in-fact its no more then 2 feet from you then yes onloop is right. if you say the product is defective yet wont do anything about it you CCC will tell you to grow up, so to save people time...

GROW UP, you have been given 5 options to rectify the problem so pick one and stop trying to slander someone that actually does something of use for the community.

I'm not the OP. Agreed, if he lies to the CCC and tells them he never got it, that would be a problem. There is no indication whatsoever that is what he did or intended to do. Don't shoot the messenger.

bobfandango said:
delta_19 said:
bobfandango said:

I'm not the OP. Agreed, if he lies to the CCC and tells them he never got it, that would be a problem. There is no indication whatsoever that is what he did or intended to do. Don't shoot the messenger.

Read the first post again. He said he got the battery; it just had some faulty parts so it didn't work. He also said that he threatened to dispute the charge on his CC. So yeah he did actually threaten to (or maybe actually) lie to the CCC and tell them he never got it...

Sorry I kind of abandoned this thread. I haven't even touched my electric skateboard stuff in months other than to remove all things Enertion from it. I have sent back the broken/poorly-manufactured space cell along with both of the supposedly working VESCs that I had purchased from Enertion, and I should be getting a refund once they get there (shipping things by sea does take a while). If, for whatever reason, he decides not to give me my money back, my credit card issuer will be getting it back for me. For those of you saying that filing for a chargeback would be fraudulent here, it would not as defective products are a perfectly good reason to file one, especially considering he lied to me for two months about sending a replacement part. I sincerely hope you all think twice before buying Enertion, lest you have an experience like mine.

I appreciate your concern and frustration over your circumstances. On the other hand it seems like Enertion did offer to help and will most likely provide a refund. We are all people and make mistakes so, when you do get your money back, go back into your hole please.

I wanted to add that I have also had some problems with communication from them, but they did get back in touch with me after a few days. Ideally everything would go smoothly all the time, but there are hiccups along the way. Might be a good idea to source parts you can easily replace locally since shipping batteries around is such a pain.

There's a lot of uncalled for slander on this thread if u are in recept of a faulty item and have contacted the manufacturer then for two months not to receive a resolution or even the required parts and its not his responsibility to fix the item and if he does tamper with it then the manufacturer can say he repaired it in a poor fashion and void future warranty I wouldnt be happy either without a like for like exchange keeping my warranty thank you.

If your TV power button fails from new would you accept a replacement part and a small some of money from the manufacturer ?
With all respect to enertion the switch is a bought in item and I bet the testing procedure has change with a lesson learnt he has put new efforts in place to stop this from happening so I would not say avoid as his lesson is learnt I believe.

Ianhill said:
If your TV power button fails from new would you accept a replacement part and a small some of money from the manufacturer ?

there were plenty of options and that was just one of them; some people would prefer just to do the quick fix themselve; and unlike a TV remote, we are building electric skateboards so there is already a DIY spirit in all of us.

But you are right about the slander.. a little excessive, especially since all the small, single man DIY eboard companies are doing so much for this community.

We do all have the diy spirit i had a problem in uk contacted my motor supplier as my motor had lose parts inside and would no doubt self destruct he sent me a complete new unit to my surprise and let me keep the old one for inconvenience. I would have engaged in email and then self repaired no doubt under some understanding with warrenty and not come to a forum to rip someone's guts out over a small matter but small or large companys we all owe it to our customers to provide a working product or in the event of a faluire amend the situation accordingly I don't now the truths of this matter but would not let this thread take any light from what enertion has done for many a happy customers no one wants a fart in their jar but enertion jar is big enough for it not to smell :)

@ dacc34
I would take option 3.
3. Send the battery to our US-based repair agent for repair under warranty (new option)
looks like the quickest way to solve the problem.

cmatson said:
Ianhill said:
a little excessive, especially since all the small, single man DIY eboard companies are doing so much for this community.
I think it's just the other way around: those small doubtfull little bussinesses would not be even existing if they could not sell half developped stuff to the huge guinea pigs community out there

made_in_the_alps_legacy said:
cmatson said:
Ianhill said:
a little excessive, especially since all the small, single man DIY eboard companies are doing so much for this community.
I think it's just the other way around: those small doubtfull little bussinesses would not be even existing if they could not sell half developped stuff to the huge guinea pigs community out there

Well said respect your costumers they are your business its nothing without them.

Every single enertion customer has the ability to get their problems solved in a timely manner at zero cost! But only if they are willing to choose from the available options we present. If you choose none of the options and instead decide to publicly express your frustration about your own inability to choose a resolution there is nothing more we can do, the ball is in your court. Furthermore, if you choose to ignore our options & choose to resolve your problems using fraudulent methods you will likely hinder your chances of being given a favourable outcome.

Our warranty terms & conditions are very clear, our methods of resolving issues are also very clear, our mission is to please our customer and resolve issues asap

Sometimes the customer needs to be willing to co-operate with us to get a resolution, some people don't understand that. We cannot spoon feed you if you won't open your mouth.

help us help you. it's very simple!

peace.

I chose the quickest option you presented. You spent 2 months misleading me. At this point, I don't care that I'm out the shipping costs, as long as I am rid of your shoddy parts knowing that you will have to return my money.

Yeah, I think that Enertion has some decent parts, but they charge way to much for them. Almost everything they have is source from china and they are just re-branding it and jacking up the price. Not my cup of tea but if you are completely ignorant and want a product quick, Enertion provides decent organization and compatibility of parts for double the price of sourcing it yourself.

onloop said:
Every single enertion customer has the ability to get their problems solved in a timely manner at zero cost!
peace.
Then simple respond and confirm you are refunding my payment for a product you have not shipped. Take the time to correct your webpage and remove the inaccurate shipping declaration. The VESC X is NOT available;e for immediate shipment. Support ants that is an error and then sniped at me about seeing the note buried at the bottom of the page, out of the screen scroll distance on my notebook, and easy perhaps designed to not see. Paranoid? Yes. This is a new experience in CS. "Customer is an idiot." Not a good way to treat us.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 11.32.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 11.32.32 AM.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 2,287
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 11.40.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 11.40.00 AM.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 2,889
Back