hey guys, if everything goes well I can testride my trampa tomorrow! soo, time to put up some pictures before all the shiny new stuff is dirty
Board: http://www.trampaboards.com/35-holy-pro ... 12369.html
Mount: eToxx V2 chaindrive 1:6 http://www.e-toxx.com
Motors: 2x SK3 6374 192KV http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=42024
Enclosure: B&W Outdoor Typ 500 http://www.b-w-international.com/product/type-500/
Battery: DIY 10S6P (750Wh, 60A continuous current) with Sanyo NCR18650 cells (10A continuous, 3450mAh, fairly stable capacity under load)
Controller: GT2B Badwolf V2 mod
Estimated range: 40km
(7kg trampa, 3kg battery, 1.7kg 2x SK6374, mount + box + capacitors + vescs + 6x long phase cables = 2.8kg)
lets go with pictures and minimum blabla!
here it is:
and thats what its made for - we probably have about 10-20km dirt trails in our forests nearby
the gorgeous etoxx motor mount, "unblinged" a little with some 3M carbon sheets:
flattened the shaft with my dremel and pimped the chrome looks of the sk3s so they would be more stealthy and less shiny - used the same 3M carbon design:
some impressions of mount and motors with the beautiful board *gasp*
I didnt use 2 boxes like the other builds, cause I wanted to keep the battery wires short due to some sensitive vesc behavior on longer battery cables (its generally not good to have long battery wires - much better to have long motor wires!). in the end I had a fairly complicated looking shrink tube setup that seems to work well at least. shrink tube is pretty thick special stuff with glue inside. after it cools down, it really hardens a lot:
speaking about boxes: many builds use the ultrabox uk308, but I found the perfect match in the B&W Outdoor Typ500! the box is mounted with that sick 3M dual lock and has room for my 10S6P, 2x vesc, 1x capacitor bank and maybe some keys & money. also, it looks a little better than the uk308 in my opinion
the 6 phase wires arrive at the box in a really thick glued shrink tube. pretty glad that I made such an exact hole for the tube! it will be easy to get this box really waterproof!
as you can see from the last picture: I decided to remove the capacitor bank from the vesc since it gave me trouble on my last board and replaced it with a shared giant capacitor bank (its way oversizes, but I had the caps and I had the room in the box - in the end it will smooth out spikes very well):
also I added heat sinks to the vescs - they are cheap aluminum gfx card coolers with double adhesive thermal tape:
the layout of the box is like that:
but before getting to the battery, I fixed some tooling ... also cause I was building another evolve 10S6P battery at that time. used a bench from my granddad and equipped a piece of hard wood with an aluminum angle from my old enclusures of my other builds. that way I can easily align up to 10 cells in parallel!
also reshaped my electrodes to be a little thinner:
and off we go with another DIY battery:
all serial connections are made from 6 nickel strips, each able to carry 15A while the final plus and minus pole is reinforced with my good old copper wick to actually get the current to the capacitor bank!
everything wrapped in fiber glass reinforced tape for structural stability:
shrink wrapped (didnt even add balancer cables for now, will check in half a year probably, but so far I never ever had drift in my diy batteries, even after heavy abuse):
and fitted into the B&W box: perfect fit really:
you can see the XT90S loop key in that picture, also the vescs are still naked, gotta shrink tube them after setting them up. minor things to do tomorrow before my first testrun. more updates tomorrow