2x rear wheel drive with 1 motor

Hey guys. So starting my build. Still waiting for parts from 3 week long shipping from china.

Just wondering if 1 wheel drive makes huge difference overtime in terms of wearing. I bought 83mm flywheel clones, but since they're too bulky, I was planning on using something smaller like 60-70mm wheels. This means that I have to drill through the wheels. If this was a car, I can rotate the wheels, but that means I have to drill multiple wheels.

Looking at some 2x wheel drive on single truck, but they require either 2 motors and esc (too expensive) OR using special hollow trucks set up similar to gokarts.

I have this idea of using another shaft to multiple the single pulley from the motor into 2 pulleys to drive 2 wheels. All held on the motor mount with pillow block pulley. I'm not sure if this design is already made, but here's my drawing.
c5fc4a9c4ab5abf9ee4990c5d1e94896.jpg

I don't have special drawing software other than paper and pencil lol. To clarify it a bit, the 4 red markings are the small pulleys as it says on the bottom left corner legend. The darkly shaded markings are the large pulleys connected to the wheels.

Thank you.

Oh i forgot. It includes NTM prop drive 50-60 270kv motor, 8mm bore 10T pulleys, 8mm bore pillow block bearings, and 26T pulley.

Hi!
I dont know about NTM motors, but my turnigy sk3 came with prop adapter for rear of the motor. That means you can get shaft on both ends of the motor. It looks sonething like this:
SK3%203536%20Extended%20Adapter%202-800x600.jpg

with this you could mount pulleys on both ends of the motor and you would not have to use another center shaft, like in your drawing.

I think 2wd setup like this would wear and tear out belts like nothing because when making a turn, wheels spin with different speeds. Cars use differential to avoid that.

Have a look at the Tr-amp-A: User Bruce Lee has done your setup for a one of our Mountainboard.

http://www.elektro-skateboard.de/forum/elektro-skateboard-werkstatt-48/tr-amp-trampa-e-mtb-eigenbau-3999.php

Its in german, but the images might help. You could try to translate the post with google.
Parts need to be very strong. His first build was to week and gave up rather soon. The bearings schould be precision ones + very strong.

You might like to use this calculator. German version, but most stuff is translated to engl. So can use it without problems

http://www.elektro-skateboard.de/wiki/wissenswertes/strom-spannung-reichweite-vii

Frank from Trampaboards

http://www.trampaboards.com

Njakts said:
Hi!
I dont know about NTM motors, but my turnigy sk3 came with prop adapter for rear of the motor. That means you can get shaft on both ends of the motor. It looks sonething like this:
SK3%203536%20Extended%20Adapter%202-800x600.jpg

with this you could mount pulleys on both ends of the motor and you would not have to use another center shaft, like in your drawing.

I think 2wd setup like this would wear and tear out belts like nothing because when making a turn, wheels spin with different speeds. Cars use differential to avoid that.
Crap I didn't think about that. Isn't that a problem too for dual motor on one truck setups? I already bought 4 sprockets and 3 feet long chain :| Oh well I guess I'll just use those to make 3 more boards hahahahaha.

Ignore this idea. I'll just buy extra wheels.

Those Turnigy motors are quite big. Too big to fit 2 on one truck? What would you guys suggest would be best for a setup of 2 of them? One in one one corner and another diagonal to it?

when cornering the inside and outside wheels rotate at different speeds so unless you incorporate a differential, your idea won't work.

Hey.

I tried the dual diagonal mount on my Streetcarver with the SK3 6364-213kv.
The reason was that you dont get two of the motors on one truck.
I dont regocnize any problems caused by a missing "Diff" ...

On this Video you can see the Streetcarver at 2.13min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujSRjCfvPMY#t=156

Jenso

nowind said:
Hey.

Jenso

Do you have a build thread that board, looks great!

Charly said:
Those Turnigy motors are quite big. Too big to fit 2 on one truck? What would you guys suggest would be best for a setup of 2 of them? One in one one corner and another diagonal to it?
Not a pro, but that's what I mostly see. It looks weird, but if it works, oh well right.

But it could add another 200-300 bucks though. I heard that around 2000 watt is enough for average use. I've even seem some using around 1000.

What I'll probably do is drill holes for all of the wheels, then the ones I'm not using will have nuts and bolts with no sprocket, so if the wheel with motor actually wears out a lot, I can just rotate the wheel placement along with the sprocket.

Gabriel_chino said:
Charly said:
Not a pro, but that's what I mostly see. It looks weird, but if it works, oh well right.

But it could add another 200-300 bucks though. I heard that around 2000 watt is enough for average use. I've even seem some using around 1000.

What I'll probably do is drill holes for all of the wheels, then the ones I'm not using will have nuts and bolts with no sprocket, so if the wheel with motor actually wears out a lot, I can just rotate the wheel placement along with the sprocket.
Ah. But like maxchilton said. Isn't the difference in speed going to be an issue? Although I suppose it'd make sense that it isn't an issue. One motor will have a higher load than the other.

My area is quite hilly so I think I need a dual motor setup.

Charly said:
Gabriel_chino said:
Charly said:

Ah. But like maxchilton said. Isn't the difference in speed going to be an issue? Although I suppose it'd make sense that it isn't an issue. One motor will have a higher load than the other.

My area is quite hilly so I think I need a dual mirror setup.
Oh well in that case dual is better. I live in socal. Mountain and beach areas are hilly, but extremely flat in the city.

NyOliver said:
nowind said:
Hey.

Jenso

Do you have a build thread that board, looks great!

Thanks.

Yes there is a Buildtread, but i forget to update it :cry: Will post the upgrade with the Dual Diagonal Setup asap.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=67746&p=1022557&hilit=street+carver#p1022557

Hang Loose
Jenso

Back