Budget Electric Shortboard

hoochij4s

1 µW
Hello guys, my name is Agustín. I'm 22 years old and I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I was looking to build my very first electric longboard but I have some questions. I'm not very good with this sort of creative stuff, and in my country its very hard to find the required equipment to build one. I'll be staying in the US for 15 days in May, so I need to buy everything then. I already have a board to build it, I wish to spend 450U$S or less on the rest of the hardware.

Batteries: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__21422__ZIPPY_Compact_4500mAh_4S_35C_Lipo_Pack.html x 3

Nk9v2aL.jpg

Thats the board I'm using, the darker zone means where the enclosure will be. I was planning to use a single HUB motor, since I don't live in a hilly area and I also dont need really high speeds. The board is little, so clearance is a huge deal.

For the remaining hardware required, I need some single HUB motor reference for buying, VESC, and a realiable way for charging.

Lastly, I need a wiring diagram, since I really suck at this kind of stuff (including wires and connectors required).

Thank you all very much!

Kind regards

haimindo said:
Looks good! I have dual hub motor setup with 12S (3x 4S) with 2x VESCs and riding it feels like butter (in a good way) 8)

Which HUB do you use? How they perform if used only one?

Thanks!

Hi Agustin, haimindo uses CARVON Dual Hubs. If you want to see the Single Hub perform, watch RunPlayBack's videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/Three21Media

I recommend using 12s and VESC for the Single Hub, and the remote control that Enertion sells, not the 2.4Ghz remote controls. Or else your startup will be slow like this:

[youtube]oK1zO_-ea2k[/youtube]

But once it gets to about 5mph, it starts to speed up really fast. I've gotten to 30mph on the Single hub and there is still some throttle left. But it gets harder to go faster because of the air drag at 30mph. Maybe 32 mph max.

LEVer said:
Hi Agustin, haimindo uses CARVON Dual Hubs. If you want to see the Single Hub perform, watch RunPlayBack's videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/Three21Media

I recommend using 12s and VESC for the Single Hub, and the remote control that Enertion sells, not the 2.4Ghz remote controls. Or else your startup will be slow like this:

[youtube]oK1zO_-ea2k[/youtube]

But once it gets to about 5mph, it starts to speed up really fast. I've gotten to 30mph on the Single hub and there is still some throttle left. But it gets harder to go faster because of the air drag at 30mph. Maybe 32 mph max.

Thank you very much for the tip!

So, I'll be fine with my batteries. Single HUB + Enertion Remote (Does it include the receiver for the VESC?)

Which VESC should I buy ? And can you help me with a wiring diagram?

Thanks again!!!

You are welcome. And welcome to Endless Sphere!

Your batteries are good. The Enertion remote should come with receiver, charging cable, lanyard and silicone grip cover, or at least that's what it came with mine when I used to sell them too. Be careful with the receiver though, it's just the PCB without housing. You can easily damage it. That's the reason I why don't sell it separately anymore.

I got my VESC from Ollinboardcompany.com. I've been testing them hard and they are standing up well. He's also a member here, "chaka." I can definitely help you with wiring and VESC settings now that I've gotten mine.

LEVer said:
You are welcome. And welcome to Endless Sphere!

Your batteries are good. The Enertion remote should come with receiver, charging cable, lanyard and silicone grip cover, or at least that's what it came with mine when I used to sell them too. Be careful with the receiver though, it's just the PCB without housing. You can easily damage it. That's the reason I why don't sell it separately anymore.

I got my VESC from Ollinboardcompany.com. I've been testing them hard and they are standing up well. He's also a member here, "chaka." I can definitely help you with wiring and VESC settings now that I've gotten mine.

When should I order my single HUB motor? I'll be at the hotel in Orlando the first week of May, but it wont matter if the motor arrives before I get there (it will If the motor arrives after i'm gone lol).

Back