anybody seriously injured from e-skateboard?

tung256

100 W
i was riding on the e-go back in sept, 2015. the e-go was making a grinding noise, first time i heard of this funky noise. then it came to a complete stop. i was doing maybe 6mph on the sidewalk and i still flew forward. landed on my left side arm. no scratches, nothing. i got up and walked as if nothing happened. BUT after 2 seconds of walking, i collapsed because it was painful to even stand on the left foot, cant rest on it. extreme pain in the left ankle!
usually it takes 1 month or 2 to recover from a twisted ankle or whatever i had. 3 months later, still pain. in january, i finally went to see a doc. he said nothing was broken nor fractured with x-ray. with MRI, he said i have posterior tibial tendonitis with accessory navicular. now im wearing a big black boot to hold the left feet in position since March. just took it off the other day but still pain as before.
guess im not getting any younger at 36 yo. anybody with similar situation or worse?

tung256 said:
i was riding on the e-go back in sept, 2015. the e-go was making a grinding noise, first time i heard of this funky noise. then it came to a complete stop. i was doing maybe 6mph on the sidewalk and i still flew forward. landed on my left side arm. no scratches, nothing. i got up and walked as if nothing happened. BUT after 2 seconds of walking, i collapsed because it was painful to even stand on the left foot, cant rest on it. extreme pain in the left ankle!
usually it takes 1 month or 2 to recover from a twisted ankle or whatever i had. 3 months later, still pain. in january, i finally went to see a doc. he said nothing was broken nor fractured with x-ray. with MRI, he said i have posterior tibial tendonitis with accessory navicular. now im wearing a big black boot to hold the left feet in position since March. just took it off the other day but still pain as before.
guess im not getting any younger at 36 yo. anybody with similar situation or worse?

well i did do this

Attachments

• 12096115_10153191042271769_8303477211490142756_n.jpg
    12096115_10153191042271769_8303477211490142756_n.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 732
Yuuuup! I fell in August riding with LEVer and Mccloed at the river bed. Blew out my knee. Complete tear of my PCL ligament. I still need to get surgery but have had to postpone that until work slows down...

Hehe, yup me too.
After I finished my first build (and not riding a board for about 30 years) I went out and promptly fell off and broke my shoulder blade.
Perfect break straight down the middle, no complications and healed well. I was on the board again in a month. :eek:)
A month ago I lost a wheel while doing 20km/h (GPS was on) and something went pop in my foot. At the time adrenalin took over and I walked home without much problem, blew up that night though and could not walk for a few days after that. Soon as I could I was back on the board again, albeit a bit more carefully.
Yeah, getting old sucks - you just don't heal as fast and small bumps hurt more - but it aint gonna stop me. (Yet)
Oh yeah, people tend to have less sympathy when you are older, laugh a bit more and say "serves you right" a lot. :roll:

I broke my elbow when the front, right wheel locked when I jammed it against the side of a curb (to which I had been riding parallel). I now wear a textile motorcycle jacket with elbow and shoulder armor.

I broke my tibia and fibbia its was pointing 90°c wrong way my leg was L shaped, my bike collided with a lamp post and I lost, I was in plaster for 6 months and the sameday it come off I slipped on a shinny floor and broke it again haha I slept for 2 hours like a baby shock, I was in plaster for 9 months in total and my leg looked like a walking stick it was so muscle deprived took 2 years to get back A1 lucky I was a young teen.

Back