Upgrading the Goped 750EX to 48V

slackie

10 µW
Hi all,

I'm currently running a Goped 750EX on 24V 2p8s Headway lipofe4 cells that give me 24AH. Thinking of upgrading my ride to 48V for more torque and I have a few questions:

1. Controller. Are there any controllers besides the Kelly 48V200amp one that can be used? Now that there are so many China made controllers that are being used in E-scooters. Also, is it necessary to be able to communicate with the comp for tuning (i'm not terribly good at these)
2. Motor. Can the stock motor take 48V or should I bite the bullet and get the Torkinator T2V5?
3. Dual battery system. So apart from getting a new 48V 24ah lithium ion battery, I'm thinking of using the existing group as a 2nd battery. If I'm to rewire the array to 16s1p to get 48V and 12ah, do I need to change my charger? Currently using a iCharger 208B from Hobby King.
4. Capacitor. What kind of capacitor booster box should I use to get more speed? Would it be safe to use with Goped? Seen these things adding a lot of speed and power to the brushless escooters/ebikes.
5. Any other things I need to get? Like new throttle?

Thanks in advance!!

Did you do the upgrade? It would be interesting to see.
Do you know if the torkinator can take 52v?

Back