2.4Ghz Mini Remote

whitepony

10 kW
hey guys, months later than the rest, I also tried out that mini-remote that Ive seen first tested by dexter (diyelectricskateboard) and then heard about by more and more people. well, I wish anyone wrote a little bit about it, because that really wouldve saved myself some money.

long story short: the remote and the trigger is too small. my hands are average male hands, not particularly small, but also not extremely large. Im average build, 80kg, my fingers arent fat at all and still my index finger barely fits into the trigger. if at all, I can only stick it through near perfectly perpendicular to the trigger direction (which is not my favourite relaxed position). also the whole remote feel about a cm too short for my hands.

check the pictures, it might save you some money too. gt2b with badwolf or DIY like okp is still the way to go imo!

its really short, my pinky finger barely fits the grip
miniremote_1.jpg

hnnghhh *squeeeze* poor index finger, this is really made for children or tiny chinese hands :p
miniremote_2.jpg

whitepony said:
hey guys, months later than the rest, I also tried out that mini-remote that Ive seen first tested by dexter (diyelectricskateboard) and then heard about by more and more people. well, I wish anyone wrote a little bit about it, because that really wouldve saved myself some money.

long story short: the remote and the trigger is too small. my hands are average male hands, not particularly small, but also not extremely large. Im average build, 80kg, my fingers arent fat at all and still my index finger barely fits into the trigger. if at all, I can only stick it through near perfectly perpendicular to the trigger direction (which is not my favourite relaxed position). also the whole remote feel about a cm too short for my hands.

check the pictures, it might save you some money too. gt2b with badwolf or DIY like okp is still the way to go imo!

its really short, my pinky finger barely fits the grip
miniremote_1.jpg

hnnghhh *squeeeze* poor index finger, this is really made for children or tiny chinese hands :p
miniremote_2.jpg

I also had a problem with the trigger being too small. My solution was to take apart the remote, remove the trigger assembly, use a heat gun to soften the trigger and widen the opening. Only bend and reshape the outer arm on the trigger.

I got the mini remote too, after using the GT2B the throttle range feels much shorter on the minimote so it is something to get used to.

Size comparison between GT2B, mini rc remote and the Nyko kama

image.jpg

first I wanted breakfast but then I skipped that and quickly tried my luck with the heat gun. really valuable tip, the remote got a LOT better for me! thanks a lot :D

original:
mini_remote_3.jpg

after heatgun-bending:
mini_remote_4.jpg

Nice idea!...

I typically don't even put my entire finger in it and it's mostly just my nail.

The throttle is definitely a lot shorter but you get use to it and still for being a short throttle you get quite a bit of range.

The biggest benefit is I can fit it in my pocket and it doesn't drop a connection.

whitepony said:
first I wanted breakfast but then I skipped that and quickly tried my luck with the heat gun. really valuable tip, the remote got a LOT better for me! thanks a lot :D

original:
mini_remote_3.jpg

after heatgun-bending:
mini_remote_4.jpg

Glad to see it worked out. Looks like I bent mine a little more than yours. With mine I was trying to duplicate the HKGT2B's trigger opening.

Attachments

• GEDC0145 (640x428).jpg
    GEDC0145 (640x428).jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 4,823
Does the receiver require a separate power source? Or do you just plug in the ESC?
IIRC, some receivers require a BEC?

Matt

mfkubak said:
Does the receiver require a separate power source? Or do you just plug in the ESC?
IIRC, some receivers require a BEC?

Matt

That will depend on you ESC whether it already has BEC or not.

Hey.
I have orderd two of them via Alibaba.
Really fast shipping from china, dont expected that it will go that fast.
Payed 75€ by Alibaba and 35€ for German Customs. So in total 110€ for both.

-Binding process is easy
-Reciever is really small
-makes a good first impression

Will use one for the VESC and one for MAX6 Board.

Nice Mod with the heatgun, its really made for small fingers :shock:

okok, I feel I have to revise my opinion about that remote. took a while getting used to the much shorter trigger distance and it certainly took the heat gun mod, but by now Im actually quite happy with the remote. its the only sender/receiver setup that gets through the carbon enclosure of my tesseract. gave it about 150km time and I can really say its probably the best solutions for someone who wants a ready to run package (I havent tested the generic amazon trigger, but Im not too fond of thumb control)!

yeah, I second that. I have been using it for quite a while now, it's good/great. Only thing is that the spring inside is fragile and it's more cheap. I am surely going to make a enclosure with SW for that remote. Inside components are really really tiny. Perfect!

I've been using it for th last couple days and really like it. I hold more so above the grip and use my middle finger. The batteries last a long time

I've come to find the receiver is the weak link on my board. Not saying this receiver all of them. I've had my board take off on its own because of bad connections. I hot glue the plug in now

okp said:
if you run a GT2B and change receivers over time... don't forget to configure failsafe... or you'll get full throttle when remote is off ... and board is on :D

hihi, guess what happened to me on the first test with the mini remote on my trampa :lol:

trampa down there in the living room, whole bunch of women with their dogs around too, since we were training dogs in our yard. I put in the mini remote, paired it up, gave it a careful test spin, then: escaping the womens chatter, I walk up to my room with the remote. switched it off on the way up --- the moment I switch it off, I hear the trampa's dual sks angry roar and the crashing of chairs and the breakfast table, followed by squeaking women :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

the board dragged away one table and 2 chairs for several meters until they crashed into the kitchen counter where the table actually fell over, dropping everything that was on it!! what a beast :shock:

Back