E-Skate New Build, Need a triple Check on the build

nastyscaper

1 µW
So i've been looking at the e-board companies for like... a full year and a half now and also browsing this subreddit like.. daily. but I can't aford a good one since i'm broke as frock... School is fun. >_>
BUT , I beleive i'm good enough and made enough reseach on forums to build my own skate and i've gathered the pieces I wish to buy and build with here is what I got:
(P.S. Help me if I have something that won't work. TELL ME NOW BEFORE I frock THIS UP please, I DONT HAVE MONEY TO WASTE :eek:)

** Mechanical parts: **
(2) TorqueBoards Bolt On Motor Mount v3
(2) 50 Degree TorqueBoards v2 Trucks
(2) 36T Drive Wheel Pulley + (6 each) M6x50 Bolts (HTD5)
(2) 16T Motor Pulley (HTD5)
(2) 280mm High Torque Timing Belt (HTD5)
(4) 83mm 76a E-Power Longboard Wheels (Black)
(2) 1/8″ Risers
(8) High Speed ABEC Bearings
(4) Bearing Spacers
(8) Deck Hardware

** Electrical Parts **
(2) 6355 RC Brushless Motor, 2650 Watts / 3.55HP Motor, 230KV, 80Amp, 63mm x 55mm, 8mm shaft.
(1) 12S UBEC
(1) ESC Programmer Card
(2) 12S 120Amp ESC Speed Controller
(1) Also looking at this controller to plug into my ESC

** Batteries I will use **
I'll hook up two of those lipo batteries together in series into a on/off switch then into the ESC
Specs of 1 battery :
Minimum Capacity: 5000mAh
Configuration: 6S1P / 22.2v / 6Cell
Constant Discharge: 20C
Peak Discharge (10sec): 30C
Pack Weight: 765g
Pack Size: 145 x 50 x 50mm
Charge Plug: JST-XH
Discharge plug: 4mm Bullet-connector

** The Deck used... Cause... STYLE **
This Awesome looking deck
36'' long
7.75''wide

** What i'm gonna use it for/hopping it will do **
Basically comute and ride it for fun :)
Hopping it will go at least 35 km/h (aprox 22mph) (I'm 140lbs)
Hopping it will last at least 15 km (aprox 10 miles)
Hopping to climb hills like it's nothing (theres this big huge ass hill close to where i live that i HAVE to climb to get to the city :\ )
hopping the batteries wont be shiet and last me at least 2/3 months
So yeah, if ANYONE can check all of that out and triple check it with me that would be AWESOME, if anyone is interested in the cost, it'll cost around 1.1k but should have ALOT of torque and fairly good speeds also.

Mechanical 300$
Electronics = 480$
batteries = 80$
Deck = 100$
Free shipping = 0$ yay. somethin's cheap!
Extra stuff that i need to buy to protect the wiring and everything under to make it water resistant and resist the dust = ???$
Total Aprox 1.1k (although i'm fairly sure I won't have much to spend and it'll end up being 1k)

Hi there
I think what you have listed there all sounds pretty good.
I would say though that at your weight a single 6374 motor would pull you up all the hills as well and save you a lot of money.
I have a dual 6355 240KV board as well as a single 6374 170KV and weigh a good 50lbs more than you and can say that my single 6374 pulls my ass up any hill in my region without a hitch.
Honestly, my next build(s) will be with single 6374 motors as I find them more than adequate and so much easier and cheaper to make.
Just how huge ass is that hill you have to climb?

That motor kv, gear ratio, and wheel size will give you a top speed close to 40mph. I second Wee's recommendation for a 6374 motor at a lower kv.

For reference, from my board at 12S, I get 25 mph on level ground from a 149kv motor, with 15:36 gears and 76 mm wheels.

Given your speed goals, I think you'll be much happier with the hill-climbing ability of a lower kv motor.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Back