63mm weld on motor mount

You could weld one of mine on if you want. What trucks?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/172239038670?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Very nice! Tks.
I was going to use paris trucks but have not purchased them yet. Im new to longboards, would the caliber trucks fit an atom 40inch dropthrough?
https://amzn.com/B00M3IIGJE

Would love to avoid the weld if possible.

Cross that question. Seems like they do fit.
Thanks for the post. Mount looks great.

psychotiller said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/172239038670?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

sent you a PM

All shipped out! Caliber trucks are better than Paris in the fact that they have normal length axles. Not as heavy either. Enjoy! Let me know if you need anything else.

psychotiller said:

how do you adjust belt tension with that design?

maxchilton said:
psychotiller said:

how do you adjust belt tension with that design?

The motor holes are slotted giving you room to slide the motor forward or backward to adjust the belt. Note, you still need to use a center distance calculator to get the closest size belt though.

psychotiller said:
All shipped out! Caliber trucks are better than Paris in the fact that they have normal length axles. Not as heavy either. Enjoy! Let me know if you need anything else.

This is actually generally untrue. Calibers are noticeably heavier than Paris trucks are when comparing similar axle lengths. Additionally they both come with similar axle lengths, the most common being 180mm. Paris actually offers more variety of axle lengths than Caliber does.

Furthermore, the difference between these trucks comes down to rider preference. There is an age old debate between these two brands, but at the end of the day the difference between them is fairly negligible. Both trucks are fairly similar in geometrical design and assembly with the only noticeable difference between the two being a design difference in the bushing seats. Calibers are known for having a flatter dead band at center. Some riders translate this to stability because the flatter dead band allows for a greater tolerance for rider error at high speed. Paris has little dead band at center and is considered to be more "twitchy." Some riders translate this to "carviness" because the trucks are highly responsive to input. In reality though this is about riding style. Both trucks are equally carvy and stable.

There are 2 distinct advantages though to the Paris design for a rider who can take advantage of it. First their offset bushing seat allows for a larger turning radius. Second the Paris has a slightly longer rake, resulting in about 1/4" longer wheel base.

The DIY electric skateboard community has seemingly settled on Caliber as their go-to truck of recommendation for entirely different reasons than those stated above. The shape of their hangars more easily accommodate bolt on motor mounts. Bolt on mounts seem to be preferred by the majority of community members due to their ease of installation. If you're welding a mount then the round Paris shape should be easier to accommodate.

... decisions decisions!

smashapotamus said:
psychotiller said:

This is actually generally untrue. Calibers are noticeably heavier than Paris trucks are when comparing similar axle lengths. Additionally they both come with similar axle lengths, the most common being 180mm. Paris actually offers more variety of axle lengths than Caliber does.

Furthermore, the difference between these trucks comes down to rider preference. There is an age old debate between these two brands, but at the end of the day the difference between them is fairly negligible. Both trucks are fairly similar in geometrical design and assembly with the only noticeable difference between the two being a design difference in the bushing seats. Calibers are known for having a flatter dead band at center. Some riders translate this to stability because the flatter dead band allows for a greater tolerance for rider error at high speed. Paris has little dead band at center and is considered to be more "twitchy." Some riders translate this to "carviness" because the trucks are highly responsive to input. In reality though this is about riding style. Both trucks are equally carvy and stable.

There are 2 distinct advantages though to the Paris design for a rider who can take advantage of it. First their offset bushing seat allows for a larger turning radius. Second the Paris has a slightly longer rake, resulting in about 1/4" longer wheel base.

The DIY electric skateboard community has seemingly settled on Caliber as their go-to truck of recommendation for entirely different reasons than those stated above. The shape of their hangars more easily accommodate bolt on motor mounts. Bolt on mounts seem to be preferred by the majority of community members due to their ease of installation. If you're welding a mount then the round Paris shape should be easier to accommodate.

... decisions decisions!

You forgot Caliber also comes in 44 degree. That alone is a decision maker. The distance from the end of the hanger to the end of the axle is shorter on paris.

Back