Eboard V2: Clu - Complete

mfkubak

100 mW
Hi again,

I really enjoy this forum and am trying to be a more frequent poster, however, the only thing I can contribute are builds and lots of pictures.
I started this build somewhere in February or March. I wanted build something that I knew would be reliable as well as aesthetically pleasing, but it had to be done entirely from scratch, well....most of it at least. I took inspiration from a few of the builds on this forum as well as current boards on the market. I gave my self a deadline, of which was reached with 2 days to spare. However, I ran into just a couple of problems, most of which were easy to solve and have been now fixed. I thought I would share this with you all because if it weren't for this wonderful community of riders, this board would not look as cool and ride as well as it does.

Here is the link to the album on imgur...
http://imgur.com/a/z4ZAK

I would also like to recognize my father who was a huge help with cutting out the pockets for the electronics as well as Ron at Waters EDM. He helped cut the D-hole for the motor mount/truck insert.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you,
Matt

Thanks a lot! I just took it through Chicago and all that needs to be done is locking some threads with blue Loctite thread lock :D
Also, I'm a huge fan of your builds, Whitepony.

First off - holy shitballs well done. The board is a beaut and i'm sure you appreciate the ride that much more after building from scratch.
I spy with my little eye a flattened Lipo packs,
a big rectangular BMS,
an anti-spark/toggle switch,
but the thing I didn't recognize was your ESC.....is that built from scratch as well??? what kinda specs?

also when you pressed the acctual board did you press all the sheets, It looks like there were only 3 truly press and the rest prefab - maybe its just perspective and impressive no matter what. Well done man. frock I wish I had the time and machines. well done
Also what kind of weight will this beast support?

Really impressive build and i appreciate all the great pics!!! Well done.

Do you have more info on your BMS? I've always avoided in favor of KISS - remove and recharge, but it's definitely something i'm looking into for next projects!

Gold star and hats off!!!

Love it man!

I'm going to try and do a similar thing with my next build; I recently got an xcarve, so that's my motivation to make a really slick milled out board.

I kinda did a similar thing shown here:

https://youtu.be/OdJWcsSZG4M

awesome built!!
(but careful with the red side! its faster than the black side and will tear your board apart!)
:mrgreen:

Wow, thanks for all the kind words everyone!

206monkey32 said:
First off - holy shitballs well done. The board is a beaut and i'm sure you appreciate the ride that much more after building from scratch.
I spy with my little eye a flattened Lipo packs,
a big rectangular BMS,
an anti-spark/toggle switch,
but the thing I didn't recognize was your ESC.....is that built from scratch as well??? what kinda specs?

also when you pressed the acctual board did you press all the sheets, It looks like there were only 3 truly press and the rest prefab - maybe its just perspective and impressive no matter what. Well done man. frock I wish I had the time and machines. well done
Also what kind of weight will this beast support?

Haha, thanks a lot! The ESC is actually the 120A 6S ESC that Torqueboards sells on his website. To fit into the board, I had to take it apart and rewire the pins that went from the top half of the board to the bottom.
I bought the boards in 2 sizes of Baltic Birch plywood. One 1/4" sheet and one 5/8" sheet, making the board a total thickness of 7/8". I wish it was thinner, but it wouldn't have fit all of the electronics if it was.

sl33py said:
Really impressive build and i appreciate all the great pics!!! Well done.

Do you have more info on your BMS? I've always avoided in favor of KISS - remove and recharge, but it's definitely something i'm looking into for next projects!

Gold star and hats off!!!

Thank you! I'm glad you like the pictures.
The BMS came from bestechpower. Here is the link...
http://bestechpower.com/222v6spcmbmspcbforli-ionli-polymerbatterypack/PCM-D149V1.html

However, I purchased it from Chaka of OllinBoards who had a few that he had already bought.
I would absolutely recommend a BMS! The convenience of just carrying a single laptop style charger as opposed to a balance charger, power supply, and depending on how you charge, a parallel wiring board. It's also straight forward to wire. I asked for a diagram from someone at bestechpower and it confirmed my wiring.

Thanks again!

cmatson said:
Love it man!

I'm going to try and do a similar thing with my next build; I recently got an xcarve, so that's my motivation to make a really slick milled out board.

I kinda did a similar thing shown here:

https://youtu.be/OdJWcsSZG4M

Thank you!
:shock: ....Lucky....
I expect to see a build log once you start that build!
Awesome build! It's very sleek and stealthy :wink:

bbq870 said:
awesome built!!
(but careful with the red side! its faster than the black side and will tear your board apart!)
:mrgreen:

Thanks! Haha, will do! I still have yet to test its top speed.

shred said:
fu**n hell bro! awesome build!

Thanks a lot! I'm glad you like it!

Nice job! Thats a lot of work - and just in the album!
Is this still going strong ?

Jebe said:
Nice job! Thats a lot of work - and just in the album!
Is this still going strong ?

Thanks!
It was going strong up until about a week and a half (or so) ago. The batteries started discharging much more rapidly then before and the voltage at which the batteries "die" went from being 20.9V to 23.5V. This is significant because my batteries only charge to 24.5V.
I don't know if it's a BMS issue or an issue with my batteries.

Back