Turn hand controller off and the motor starts up

alex jones

100 mW
I have a mini remote hand controller. When I switch the hand controller off the VESC lights up and starts turning the motor. :? all by itself.
Just wanted to know what I'm doing wrong as this surely can't be right.

While I'm here the sensitivity of the trigger is so fine with accelertion and braking everytime I squeeze the trigger more than say 2mm the VESC stops and reboots. Just wanted to know if there was a soft start feature and the ability to use the whole of the trigger rather than just the first 2mm? I want to be able to squeeze the trigger quickly full on and not "trip" the VESC.

All of the above while the vesc is connected to a 12v power source on my kitchen table.

I have the mini remote too and it does the same when you turn off the controller. I think theres a way to fix that in the vesc settings but it hasn't been a real problem yet, just turn off the board first.

the other issue seem like your supply just doesn't have enough power. try a 4s - 6s lipo pack if you have one.

saul said:
I have the mini remote too and it does the same when you turn off the controller.
You need to do the fail safe binding. Depending on the remote there are various ways this is done.

GT2B has a fail safe button that needs to be pressed on the receiver when throttle is neutral.
With the winning mini remote you need to pull the plug after calibration while the ESC is still on to make sure the receiver registers neutral.

Back