Alienboard v2 | Perso 38" | APS 3.3kW 170kv | ADS | 10s5Ah

Rikobonito

100 W
Hi e-riders !

After some builds ( the Alienboard(1th esk8), la Darth Vapor (e-MTB) and La Bonita (2nd esk8), I plan to make a simple one to could ride every time a want and continue my prototype beside on an other board I will present soon :twisted:

Deck - perso DIY 36-40" (In progress)
Mount - ADS single DIY Kit motor 63mm 15x32T
Motor - Alien new 6374 HEV 170kv 3.3kw
ESC - VESC
Truck - Caliber bushing Venom SHR
Wheels - Alien Power wheel 83mm 78A
Battery - 10s5Ah20c (from Bonita, charge with extern BMS !)
Radio - Alien Power System 2.4Ghz Remote control
And custom fiber / resin case will follow from the unwrapped deck.

Now pictures say more than me :

dsc_0013l.jpg

dsc_0039l.jpg

dsc_0098l.jpg

img_4252l.jpg

dsc_0182bis.jpg

dsc_0222l.jpg

dsc_0195l.jpg

stay tune, more to comes...

ENJOY & GOOD RiDE !

Hi there
Very nice setup but one suggestion if I may - I personally would recommend you go with a 15mm belt.
I use the same motor but found that with a 9mm belt there was a bit of slippage - especially on heavy breaking.
I slapped an extra wheel gear on top of the one I had - so basically a sandwich of two 9mm gears and got a 15mm motor gear. Works a treat for me.

Hi guys ! Thanks you for feed back :)

@Whitepony: I used the OKP tuto from ESK8.fr
as a base, I left the Baffle 37, symetric deck, want a totaly different feeling instead of the flat pintail 40".
now I could cut as I want :p !
I use 7 plys of canadian mapple wood from Roarockit and 2 little UD carbone fibre 600gr just to see how it work and the résine is this one :arrow: EPOXY SR 1500 + HARDENER SLOW SD 2503

@WeeChumbee: ;) thanks for advices ! I got an other HTD-5 HUB drive pulley :D but not the 15t-HTD5 motor pulley.
After I plan to custom a simple pulley to make my custom drive kit from this (14 x 36 T + belt) less than 20€
image17.jpeg

plan this ratio for FW 97mm ... we will see.
I always used 9mm before
Rikobonito said:
After some builds ( the Alienboard(1th esk8), la Darth Vapor (e-MTB) and La Bonita (2nd esk8),...
but whitepony advices me too and for hight stop I used dropfoot :)

Thanks for reading, tonight, Cutting and Grinding :!:

Really nice looking board man.
Just as a matter of interest, what does the board alone weigh in at?

Hey, thanks e-riders !
Wow, great looking board ! Don't know this brand ! Really beautifull !!

I cut very wide !
The deck is 38" long & 25 cm wide, that could then resize my own way after testing (big wheelbite, maybe to much, long front before the truck, not usefull and many more I guess ..).
weigh is 2.150 kg for now

But I have to dig it and then re-carbon the back (like Whitepony as usual do :p )

The layout (long and slim battery pack I hope around 16/17mm) :

I guess I will make just a little flattening like you WP, not a really housing like you perfectly did on your last build (a master peace !!!)...

Once again thanks to you guys :wink:

Hi ! Forgot to post some news ...
It's rolling !!! :mrgreen:

I resized and adjusted the symmetry of the deck easing of some 100g and familiarized myself with the trimmer.
image8.jpeg

Then I went to dig the deck of the center :) beautifull fail nicely caught !
So I finished my ripping planing and sanding until a beautiful flat :eek:
image10.jpeg

And here the profile of ply ;)
image11.jpeg

now the enclosure :
image14.jpeg

I wanted to change a little technique and tape the mold directly on the deck (wrapped in cellophane)
less tape to be applied but equally complicated :roll:
ydxj0114l1.jpg

But you can save the mold.
ydxj0127.jpg

done ! (but I have a problem on a flange, will apply a second pass of fiber with some deco !)

Longhairedboy style like Whitepony suggest me :wink: a big thank you for this !!
image29.jpeg

the motor wiring slice
image30.jpeg

insert in place and enclosure ends !
image37-1.jpg

extension
image42.jpeg

image51.jpeg

in place
image49.jpeg

TADA !!! :mrgreen:

image58.jpeg

image55.jpeg

Now I have to ride !!!

hope you enjoy it ! More info :arrow: here

WeeChumlee said:
Very nice job there. Love the board. Now that is DIY all the way. :D
Thanks WeeChumlee !

After some times riding, I made some modifications :)

tracing, fitting, cutting, sanding, varnish below :ugeek: ''

dsc_0042.jpg

Result now is a 36" ! (always the same wheelbase )

I took the opportunity of all this work to cut my engine cover (you cas see the made :arrow: here, little sanding and shot matt varnish.
The support ... (almost done: roll: Now that the cache is finished it will help for quotation centering etc :))

see yaaa ;)

Riding session in Paris this weekend to test the mods :mrgreen:

image27.jpeg

We had to enjoy the weather,

image29.jpeg

image28.jpeg

Now the deck is perfect for me :D really good feels under feet !

And it was the riding test session of Unikboards !!
So much fun, I was really suprised, in the good way, about this short board (usealy I ride 40").
The single motor is so fun and cool to ride. The dual is a real beast :twisted:

And so ... more to comes :p
dsc_0478l.jpg

hmz, the unikparts LOOK great, but I dont like most of the design ideas. no fan at all of the evolve style drive gears, because they need extra space on the axle, which gives you a larger track width (less grip) and more load on the axle (been through tons of bent evolve street axles). on the mount I dont like how specific it is - no adjustable mount angle (inwards, outwards, free clearance with custom shock pads, etc), no free orientation (I have to buy goofy or regular mounts ehh), no custom truck adapters (imo the time for calibers has come, cronins are so much better at everything and there are probably a million other great trucks out there - the eskate community will sooner or later realize that its about the board, the trucks, the bushings and the wheels and much less about buying some dead downhill deck with calibers and flywheel clones). anyway, the mount feels like many steps back from the latest iterations of the currently available mounts (torqueboards, psychotiller, aliendrive, enertion). its ok for a specific product like the unikboard, but it makes the mount a whole lot less interesting for the general usecase! IMO! :lol:

ok, but thats actually not why I wanted to reply :p wanted to ask you how your boards flex feels? Id like to build a vanguard clone myself - got a few 1/16" bamboo veneers, still a lot of gfk and cfk and now I wanted to approach the level of flex I want, starting from thin composite laminates and increasingly make it thicker until I reached the level of flex I look for. but before I waste 24h curing for a few successive days, Id like a good starting layup. thought about 3 layers of bamboo with GFK & epoxy between each bamboo veneer. what layup would you start with? :)

Hey Mate,

really nice work on this Board.
It looks awesome :!:

Super professional pictures too... LIKE IT

Jenso

The mount was designed and built for my brand boards which is by nature... specific; so I assume it's normal that if you are not a huge fan of specific, you may not like it. So here comes the CONS of the specific stuff.

But it turns that many people are using the same stuff I did and want simple things that works, so I did a plug and play design and the mount is dead solid and stay full aligned on calibers (I assume it may even fit Paris (but I'm not a huge Paris fan)). No need for epoxy and so on. As of today, I have bent or broken ALL the existing DIY mounts that 95% of people are using. Bending truck axles is not only about the shaft exposure, but also about the strength around the axle with appropriate spacers; and as of today... I didn't notice a big issue on that. If I do... I will just modify the design and remove the bearing.

How many DIY people are riders? Many of them never ever went on a skateboard/longboard, so they probably never ever see the difference between calibers, ronin, precision trucks, bushings, cup... they just want a dope setup that is great to ride. And by looking at my riding style which seems to inspire many people, I assume that if it's OK for me... it should be OK at least for a few amount of them.

let's see how specific this is in the future :)

Thx guys !

@WP : I see what you meen, overall there is no other trucks mount that fit so clean and doesnt' move anymore :roll: hurry to test.
But IMO it's not really a step back but a good leap forward for caliber user with topmount deck ! Its perfectly design easy to set up.
The DIYES part I try don't fit on caliber and the driver drill the trucks !.. the Alien is really not easy to set too but are good. Want to test other things :)
I like the driver with no output wheels adaptator with screws or whatever. But I agry with about the caliber ... my ronin still waiting ...

For the DIY board, I guess if you really want to keep the flex go with Titebond glue and just 7 plies !.. IMO. With resin I don't get flex and it weighs much heavier (board weighs like à 9 plies or more ...)
Here I go with : Canadian maple veneer face sheets, UD Carbon, cross-grain sheets, maple veneer sheet & maple veneer core sheet. And such mirrored.

@okp totally get your perspective - its looking really rbust and sexy on the unikboard! :)

@Rikobonito I went with my own pattern now - also with epoxy resin since I didnt have anything else. measured the thickness of the vanguard flex 2 (about 1.1mm with my own added fibreglass topcoat) and stayed a little bit below that with my setup so that I can still add a sealing fibre/carbon layer top/bottom and get the flex just right! using 4x 1/16" bamboo plys with fibreglass in between and a few UD 45° and middle stripes to get the torsional stiffness and some slight reinforcement of the boards center right now - looking forward to the results. :)

diyvanguard_1.jpg

diyvanguard_3.jpg

Wow ! Like always Whitepony ... you did the job, and perfectly I guess :D hurry to see the flex and shape !!!
(once again sorry for my bad English)
I would go with titebond,.. but like you I still have several liters of epoxy to flow :roll: so maybe wait and see what you get :D
I will study your composition and that from MasterCho, the flex looks cool too ! and really gorgeous.
This adds to a in-shape enclosure like VladPomogaevdid will look awesome :p

good DIY and good ride ! :wink:

Back