More work done...
The motor plate is basically done except for being painted black. I need to take it off and drill some holes along the front and top so I can attach some aluminum angle for enclosing the front and top around the rear wheel. The front cover will be 1/8" aluminum and the top will probably be a piece of plywood that over hangs the sides and back a little.
I've been working on the other side plate this weekend and finally got it done tonight. I had some 1/8" painted aluminum that worked well for this. It needs to be painted black and drill some holes for attaching the aluminum angle to it.
I used my cardboard pattern to get the axle bolt slot, back bolt hole and to get the overall size down.
After I had it bolted in place and drilled a few holes for more 6mm bolts, I then roughed in where the brake caliper would be placed. The large curve is the OD of the brake rotor. The 45 degree line is the angle of the brake pads so they would be perpendicular to the rotor. I roughly drew the shape of the caliper on the aluminum which is the various small curved lines.
Later I decided a large square hole was a better choice. It makes getting at the brake much easier if it needs work or adjustment. It's not like I need the metal in the plate. Conveniently, the brake caliper is at exactly the right distance from the rotor. It required no adjustment to get it centered over the rotor.
USPS delivered the KART sprocket adapter and the motor sprocket adapter today, but I didn't get them installed. Tomorrow night...and then I can figure out the best chain length and set the tension. Right now I have no idea what sprockets I'm going to use to convert the 3800 motor RPMs into appropriate wheel RPMs. I'm pretty sure whatever I need in sprockets I already have. I have 40, 50, 60, 66 and 72 tooth wheel sprockets and 11 through 18 tooth motor sprockets. I should be good to go.