Hybrid throttle

dventu

100 W
I'm been thinking of adding a gas motor to my scooter and run it "hybridish" I have the 49cc 4 stroke motor. I would just need to fabricate the rest. I ve seen before dual throttles that has cable and Hall sensor on a scooter. But I can't find the part.

I know this style scooter uses the hybrid throttle.
02ec9c8f07ca9089abe1f86f8da63a4b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

that sounds noisy and stinky and carcinogenic. Use that weight budget to add more 18650s. Range problem solved :mrgreen:

It's more for looks and show. The motor was free.

Let's be honest gas is still king where I'm from (planet earth) or we all would jump ship from the carcinogenic dirty earth destroying machines to the super clean lithium machine ???.
Come on a Nissan leaf/Tesla etc is a stinking machine to, the mining of lithium plus the carcinogenic fumes or nuclear waste that power plants produce to power these machines as renewables alone can not charge all the cars.
In theory the energy is passed from traditional petrol tanks and exhaust pipes to the power plants where poor people live so the fumes and waste are moved from the citys where most energy is used for mobility by the better off to the poor areas its stinking in my view, when governments promoted diesel less than ten years ago then they expect us the poor to dump all our cars and move to electric and we take the loss of the vw scandel its all bullshit nonsense, specially when the main energy consumers are the governments themselves living the high life jetting to meetings and cruising in fat cat jaguars aircon on max.
There's still plenty of innovation with combustion engines with freevalve camless tech the good old girl looks like she still has plenty of life left in her and the added bonus of being able to be used in a cleaner manner.

On topic I think a hybrid is a good thing but for a speed demon both setups need to be used together really not one system at a time, with both setups there will be a fair bit of extra weight for the electric motor to carry it would need to be drove hard on both setups with ideal gearing so they back each other up for big power like the hypercars rather than a Prius range extender.

I don't know how this thread veered towards negativity on gasoline. There is pros and cons for gas as well as electric. Let be honest lithium is not as clean as we think. We just let that burn into our mind. The process of manufacturing lithium packs is just as filthy as gasoline fumes. Long term wise it may be beneficial. Until electricity becomes cheap to the point free we might finally go green. It's difficult to change the mind of oil companies when they feed "facts" and have money to keep up there businesses. Just look at solar seems like a great choice until you see the chemicals they use.

Anyways I have a diverse mind. I worked on gas motors way before I started to mess with electric. I just started tinkering with electric about 3 years ago. Boy it can get a lot more complicated then a gas motor but it's fun to have brain teasers.

Back