VESC Android App

Lightweight / Folding / Portable EVs - seats optional
Ackmaniac
10 µW
10 µW

VESC Android App

Post by Ackmaniac » Jan 02, 2017 8:40 pm

Hi,

i wanted to present my free Android App, BLDC-Tool and Firmware Mod for the VESC. The app can be connected via a HM-10 BLE module which makes it possible to record videos with realtime data and change drive modes on the fly. The App is mainly made to analyse and understand the VESC better.

Much more info about the firmware and the app can be found here.
http://www.electric-skateboard.builders ... -app/12286

Vanarian
10 kW
10 kW

Re: VESC Android App

Post by Vanarian » Jan 03, 2017 6:19 am

Hi Ackmaniac,

Welcome to the forum! You do a great work on the VESC tool and monitoring :wink: I've been following your progress on the "watt mode" control and "Cruise control" features, is it also available in the app?
I needed to turn Air Gear stuff into reality so I am making this!
-+Electric inline skates - no remote control - weight / angle sensor - hub motors - one frame for all wheels sizes between 80/125mm - from 3.2 to 12 KW :mrgreen:

Rollo Ergo Sum!

Ackmaniac
10 µW
10 µW

Post by Ackmaniac » Jan 03, 2017 11:05 am

Yes you can choose them in the app. But the control mode change via the app works actually only for a PPM remote. And cruise control only works in a dual setup. Because the cruise control signal is given by the steering channel. You can see how it works in this video.

okp
100 kW
100 kW

Post by okp » Jan 03, 2017 3:00 pm

great ! any plan to release it ... for iOS ?

liveforphysics
100 GW
100 GW

Post by liveforphysics » Jan 03, 2017 3:30 pm

Nice work!! That's a very handy app!
Each carcinogen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for cancer.

Each mutagen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for reproductive genetic defects in your children.

Each engine start sprays them into a shared atmosphere which includes beings not offered an opportunity to consent accepting these cancer experiences and defective genetics life experiences.

Every post is a free gift to the collective of minds composing the living bleeding edge of LEV development on our spaceship.

Ackmaniac
10 µW
10 µW

Post by Ackmaniac » Jan 03, 2017 6:39 pm

At the moment I have no plans to make a IOS version. But maybe in the future. Still improving the app and the firmware atm. Next feature will be average values because there are too many misunderstandings how the VESC works in different situations. So it should help to see what is limiting the power in each situation and how much (or better how less) stress you have on the battery and the motor.

Ackmaniac
10 µW
10 µW

Post by Ackmaniac » Jan 31, 2017 4:16 am

The app has some new features. More info can be found here.
http://www.electric-skateboard.builders ... -app/12286