Brake light wiring

dventu

100 W
I have a 48v system and I'm trying to figure out how to wire the brake light. The lightning system runs on 12v. From the light there is ground, running, stop light. The Ebs outputs 48v

I have a step down but I'm not sure how to wire it if I have already my running lights and accessories hooked to it. Do I get a separate step down just for brake light or run a relay. I know a bunch of scooters do it with one converter but I don't know how to wire it.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Teklektik has a thread about turn signals and brake / tail light wiring and switching, etc, if you look thru threads he's started. Has all the info you need, most likely (including part numbers, etc).

On my scooter the levers had 5v switched to gnd when brakng so that tells the controller when your braking, so i had a 5v optocoupler relay and run the wire through that back to the controller so the levers triggered the relay then the 12v from my dcdc made it to the light I would show you a pic but since I got hydraulic levers I just use the light with my fronts as I dont do much road driving and defiantly not at night it turns into the nurbergring where I live.

Some controllers have a high level EBS input that takes pack voltage. If you have one of these, you could run pack voltage to the brake lever switch and on the output feed the high EBS pin and the input of a small 12V dc-dc converter. If the brake light current is low enough, you might get away with just a big resistor instead of a dc-dc converter.

I had the idea of a resistor not sure how big of one. The controller does have an Eb light option of 48v.
If i can go with a resistor it would be the easiest route or I can go with Teklektik route. Link for reference (https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75171)

Ok got it. I used 4 of 3.6k resistors which dropped the voltage enough to not blow the leds. Here somewhat a schematic that I created.
b15ae6fccf0e6d5237d694ac51ff9ce0.jpg

And the resistors
2b2c5d82999fef9b636c2aa5d1cc970d.jpg

Best part it was all parts I had.

Back