Eon Scooter

Lightweight / Folding / Portable EVs - seats optional
Kneelb4ZOD
1 W
1 W

Re: Eon Scooter

Post by Kneelb4ZOD » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:57 am

dventu wrote:Well I'm very upset I'm not receiving the scoot this month. If i dont see the product rolling out soon I'll be issuing a charge back. I've been reading this thread and there is a lot of unhappy customers. http://forums.letskickscoot.com/post?id ... 1&trail=75

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Well, like I said a lot of their stats don't seem to be adding up, I think the biggest warning sign of all is they are claiming to get twice the power as everyone else from the same motor. I mean, maybe they are sacrificing reliability, but their top speed is the same. 500w will move you a lot faster than 15mph. Their motors are obviously 250w and 350w, and if they can't even get that straight, I wonder about the rest of the project. I do really like that folding seat, though.
__THE__
➰➰➰➰➰

Johnny B
10 mW
10 mW

Post by Johnny B » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:37 pm

Did you get your charge-back through?

dventu
100 W
100 W

Post by dventu » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:27 pm

I got a confirmation email about 2 to 3 weeks ago. We should be getting a production start date today. I'm really interested in the product. Hopefully we get scooting in May. Or else I'm not sure what to do. If they start shipping by May then it's typical 2 month indiegogo delays. Keeping my fingers crossed. Or charge back and get luna apocalypse

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Johnny B
10 mW
10 mW

Post by Johnny B » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:57 am

Nervous about Eon.

maxwelledison
1 mW
1 mW

Post by maxwelledison » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:42 am

Eon's recent updates look a lot like "stalling", to me.

As for the reason they might stall, that is anyone's guess. The entire campaign has been sketchy from the beginning, with Eon putting forth too many claims that don't add up. They constantly contradict themselves left and right, and it's just bizarre how they're almost never willing to answer simple questions with direct answers. In addition, the campaign owner has no verifiable businesss background that I've been able to discern. His LinkedIn page has exactly zero professional contacts, which I find extremely strange. I have a LinkedIn account I never curated and haven't used in years, and even I have a couple dozen contacts just from people I've known and worked with over the years. How is it even possible this guy knows nobody on LinkedIn? It's just one more mystery with Eon.

My guess is that Eon will keep stalling as long as possible, until a sudden "unexpected problem" comes up that will be the beginning of the end for Eon. And if that happens, no one will ever know for certain if it was just a standard failed campaign, or if that was the plan all along (in other words, a scam).

Looking at the big picture, something about this campaign is just very "off".

Ianhill
100 kW
100 kW

Post by Ianhill » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:47 am

Any news guys do they have to mine the ore for the frame it's taking heck of a long time to produce a small product Elon musk has turned the model 3 round in a quicker time.

Johnny B
10 mW
10 mW

Post by Johnny B » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:10 pm

Well, it's been a while and the news is not good. Comments on their Facebook Group page, and IndieGoGo have turned quite negative, and there is always the discussion board on letskickscoot.com that is calling it a scam.

Personally, I have tried to get a refund and been rejected. Ironically I have been promised a partial refund by Eon over ordering errors with the 10" upgrade, but that was over 60 days ago and still nothing. I have been blocked from commenting on the IGG page as well. I have been polite, but I am sure I have said things they don't like. Like this.

So spreading the word here that Eon has not been a good company to deal with. I would not back the scooter today if I knew now what I didn't know then. Realistically no pictures or videos since the beginning of the campaign, just some questionable and odd ones, and some basic design drawings. They are way, way behind if they are making a scooter at all. If they gave refunds they would not be subject to the criticism they have generated.

I do hope they can build a great scooter because it is starting to look like that may be the only way to get value returned for me and others. For a lot of people's sake, I really hope they prove me a fool for doubting them.