Eon Scooter

Lightweight / Folding / Portable EVs - seats optional

Re: Eon Scooter

Postby Kneelb4ZOD » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:57 am

dventu wrote:Well I'm very upset I'm not receiving the scoot this month. If i dont see the product rolling out soon I'll be issuing a charge back. I've been reading this thread and there is a lot of unhappy customers. http://forums.letskickscoot.com/post?id ... 1&trail=75

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Well, like I said a lot of their stats don't seem to be adding up, I think the biggest warning sign of all is they are claiming to get twice the power as everyone else from the same motor. I mean, maybe they are sacrificing reliability, but their top speed is the same. 500w will move you a lot faster than 15mph. Their motors are obviously 250w and 350w, and if they can't even get that straight, I wonder about the rest of the project. I do really like that folding seat, though.
__THE__
➰➰➰➰➰
Kneelb4ZOD
10 mW
10 mW

Postby Johnny B » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:37 pm

Did you get your charge-back through?
Johnny B
10 mW
10 mW

Postby dventu » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:27 pm

I got a confirmation email about 2 to 3 weeks ago. We should be getting a production start date today. I'm really interested in the product. Hopefully we get scooting in May. Or else I'm not sure what to do. If they start shipping by May then it's typical 2 month indiegogo delays. Keeping my fingers crossed. Or charge back and get luna apocalypse

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
dventu
100 W
100 W

Postby Johnny B » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:57 am

Nervous about Eon.
Johnny B
10 mW
10 mW

Postby maxwelledison » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:42 am

Eon's recent updates look a lot like "stalling", to me.

As for the reason they might stall, that is anyone's guess. The entire campaign has been sketchy from the beginning, with Eon putting forth too many claims that don't add up. They constantly contradict themselves left and right, and it's just bizarre how they're almost never willing to answer simple questions with direct answers. In addition, the campaign owner has no verifiable businesss background that I've been able to discern. His LinkedIn page has exactly zero professional contacts, which I find extremely strange. I have a LinkedIn account I never curated and haven't used in years, and even I have a couple dozen contacts just from people I've known and worked with over the years. How is it even possible this guy knows nobody on LinkedIn? It's just one more mystery with Eon.

My guess is that Eon will keep stalling as long as possible, until a sudden "unexpected problem" comes up that will be the beginning of the end for Eon. And if that happens, no one will ever know for certain if it was just a standard failed campaign, or if that was the plan all along (in other words, a scam).

Looking at the big picture, something about this campaign is just very "off".
maxwelledison
1 mW
1 mW

Previous

Return to Stand-up E-scooters and E-skateboards